Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Well done mate.

As for the ring, don't skint yourself. there are enough expenses in married life, you can get a ring for a few hundred, no need to go mad.

Cheers pal. Yeah think you're right. She's not very materialistic anyway so she'll love whatever I get.

Fingers crossed she says yes now lol lol

Congrats to Ronnie and foxfanazer.

cheers mate

Cheers pal. Yeah think you're right. She's not very materialistic anyway so she'll love whatever I get.

Fingers crossed she says yes now lol lol

cheers mate

Dont make the mistake i did. If you buy an expensive engagement ring then you have to get a more expensive wedding ring the same material.

I got a platinum engagement ring so my wifes hand has had some money spent on her lol .

Then she will want a friendship ring and an eternity ring aswel. It's an expensive game.

In fact f*** it take my advise dont get married, be a bachelor and spend all your money on football, booze and mars bars

Well done mate.

As for the ring, don't skint yourself. there are enough expenses in married life, you can get a ring for a few hundred, no need to go mad.

That, and when you do spend a load they expect an 'upgrade' anyway later in the marriage.

I was super annoyed when my wife sprang that on my the other year. I told her to wait until 10 years. Gives me another 3 to save.

Asked my Girlfriend's dad for his blessing for me to ask her to marry me today. Felt like proper Godfather shit lol. He was delighted for some reason, now just the small matter of picking the ring and being able to afford it.

Best place for rings is the Jewelry Quarter in Birmingham; I proposed to my girlfriend in December. Loads of choice and tends to be a little bit cheaper - they also don't mind you haggling.

Like the others have said: don't bankrupt yourself mate.

Congrats. 

Dont make the mistake i did. If you buy an expensive engagement ring then you have to get a more expensive wedding ring the same material.

I got a platinum engagement ring so my wifes hand has had some money spent on her lol .

Then she will want a friendship ring and an eternity ring aswel. It's an expensive game.

In fact f*** it take my advise dont get married, be a bachelor and spend all your money on football, booze and mars bars

lol I'll take that on board

Best place for rings is the Jewelry Quarter in Birmingham; I proposed to my girlfriend in December. Loads of choice and tends to be a little bit cheaper - they also don't mind you haggling.

Like the others have said: don't bankrupt yourself mate.

Congrats.

Cheers pal I'll have to check that out. Saw one for £1600 that looks perfect but I just can't justify paying it with a baby on the way and the fact she has been made redundant. Looking at in between 400-700 if I can get a decent one

Definitely avoid buying a near perfect 1 carat diamond for about £5k, even if it would have cost £8k if you had been in the UK at the time.

I know that feeling. Brought my Mrs a Big Mac abroad once for like 20% less than they cost here. Bargain but still.

Edited by MooseBreath

A vicar tried to queue jump past me in the self-checkout line earlier. I quite rightly and decisively took a step forward at the same time as him and gestured to me to go.

Then I stepped out the shop and the heavens opened, drenching me. Reckon I need to repent even though I was in the right...

Cheers. Just over 2 years, we are expecting our first child so just kinda feels right and she's a good girl. Now I've asked her dad I can't really change my mind lol

Just imagining him running through town with a purse and some bloke chasing him lol

Congrats Foxfanzer on both counts.