Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Tincy, are you Leicester/Leicestershire based?

Call your GP. If they are unavailable, use their out of hours service, and ask to be referred to the Crisis Resolution Service.

Largely a waste of time in a crisis, I'm afraid. They normally only take urgent referrals from GP or A&E services unless you are already under a mental health unit/psychiatric service.

In my experience, both professionally and personally, they will take between 2 -7 days to come out to see someone. If you are referred by your GP and it needs to be dealt with on the day, you will have to travel to LRI to be seen and wait several hours.

Just got back from seeing my dermatologist.

She gave me a clean bill of health so that was good. However I couldn't help thinking that being totally naked in front of a young woman should be more fun than this.

Not if you've got crabs ;)

Largely a waste of time in a crisis, I'm afraid. They normally only take urgent referrals from GP or A&E services unless you are already under a mental health unit/psychiatric service.

In my experience, both professionally and personally, they will take between 2 -7 days to come out to see someone. If you are referred by your GP and it needs to be dealt with on the day, you will have to travel to LRI to be seen and wait several hours.

I pointed out in my post that he would need a GP's referral.

He's having 'silly thoughts' (I assume he's alluding to self-harm); what, in your professional opinion, would you advise him to do?

Edited by Buce

got offered this job as an accounts administrator, full time with two sessions of training each week. low wage cos it's technically an apprenticeship atm (although it's sick wages for an apprentice). not 100% sure what it involves right now but it's a career and i assume means i have to be an adult now. shit the bed.

Congrats bro that's sounds like it could have a lot of potential

Congrats bro that's sounds like it could have a lot of potential

cheers, yeah hopefully. just gotta make sure everything is as it seems with this offer and the training they give, then gotta sort a few things out at current work, then i would imagine i'll take the job (if it seems as good an opp. as it does in the email i've browsed over at work). 

if all is as it seems i could finally declare not going to uni as a good decision both financially and as a career path, and not just me being lazy, woo hoo.

been a more interesting day than usually with this news anyway. if i work in an office i might even have to start using capital letters and talking in proper english. got all the fun of telling everyone at work now that i'm leaving too if i do, not fun that. 

cheers, yeah hopefully. just gotta make sure everything is as it seems with this offer and the training they give, then gotta sort a few things out at current work, then i would imagine i'll take the job (if it seems as good an opp. as it does in the email i've browsed over at work). 

if all is as it seems i could finally declare not going to uni as a good decision both financially and as a career path, and not just me being lazy, woo hoo.

been a more interesting day than usually with this news anyway. if i work in an office i might even have to start using capital letters and talking in proper english. got all the fun of telling everyone at work now that i'm leaving too if i do, not fun that. 

At least working in an office means you can browse FT all day

got offered this job as an accounts administrator, full time with two sessions of training each week. low wage cos it's technically an apprenticeship atm (although it's sick wages for an apprentice). not 100% sure what it involves right now but it's a career and i assume means i have to be an adult now. shit the bed. 

Congrats mate. We both got good new jobs better put a stop to the days off P.U.F.F

• Like 1

Congrats mate. We both got good new jobs better put a stop to the days off P.U.F.F

think member of P.U.F.F and third top tinder thread contributor are the standout parts of my cv that got me the job offer imo

Well done scouseh. Don't become boring now though

thanks I like to think of myself as quite boring anyway so this new job should suit nicely

Well done bud.
  • Like 2