Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

The wife sent me a video yesterday of my son actually putting food to his mouth and taking a bite. Looks like he is slowly getting to grips with his co ordination and understanding :) . Going to see the NHS paediatrician on 21st April for his verdict on the MRI scan.

Now the hard task of getting him to stand begins. Whenever we hold him up all he wants to do is jump so keeps bending his knees. Need to get it in his mind to straighten his legs in order to stand.  

The wife sent me a video yesterday of my son actually putting food to his mouth and taking a bite. Looks like he is slowly getting to grips with his co ordination and understanding :) . Going to see the NHS paediatrician on 21st April for his verdict on the MRI scan.

Now the hard task of getting him to stand begins. Whenever we hold him up all he wants to do is jump so keeps bending his knees. Need to get it in his mind to straighten his legs in order to stand.  

Haha they all do that for a while.  I'm sure he will be fine.

• Like 1

I pointed out in my post that he would need a GP's referral.

He's having 'silly thoughts' (I assume he's alluding to self-harm); what, in your professional opinion, would you advise him to do?

I'm not knocking what you said, I was just pointing out that it's not something that happens quickly.

To contact his GP or a support organisation such as has been suggested. The Samaritans can signpost people to appropriate support such as counselling if neccessary but I suspect, like most people, he will manage himself through this difficult time in his life.

I'm not knocking what you said, I was just pointing out that it's not something that happens quickly.

No worries, Para, I was just deferring to your professional experience.

As an aside, I had a mate in a similar situation to Tincy, a couple of years ago, and the Crisis team were out to see him within the hour.

Anyone seen the doc on the crazy gang? Man I knew Fash was ****ed up but JUST WOW. what a nutter.

Seen it. The man is mentally unstable with his bizarre stares and grinning at camera thinking about smashing gary mabbutts head in and sayin he deserved it. He has some serious issues and came across as bat sh*t crazy and up his own arse big time.

I did something very stupid, and took quite a few tablets, I'm going to be ok, I'm currently in the LRI, I felt it was the only way out, but I know now it's not.

****ing hell Tince :/ I knew you were down, but that isn't the way to go at all, and I'm glad you've realised that. Hope everything's okay, like people have said, things will get better.

I did something very stupid, and took quite a few tablets, I'm going to be ok, I'm currently in the LRI, I felt it was the only way out, but I know now it's not.

Tincy, glad you are OK. Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully the hospital can put you in touch with someone to talk to. Please take any support they offer you.