Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Got back from Dublin this morning, what a great city that is. So much to do and isn't all ridiculously spread out which is handy. Had beautiful weather too.

Also saw a woman in temple bar with exactly the same haircut as Nige.

I'm heading there at the end of the month for 3 days, is there anything you would say is absolutely worth seeing? 3 days isn't the longest time to go I know but hoping there isn't so much I'll miss lots of sights and attractions

I'm heading there at the end of the month for 3 days, is there anything you would say is absolutely worth seeing? 3 days isn't the longest time to go I know but hoping there isn't so much I'll miss lots of sights and attractions

Molly Malone and Grafton Street. I don't know Dublin that well, but I went a month ago for the first time and would recommend these. I guess Molly Malone is pretty obvious but ya know :D

Temple Bar area is great at night, even on weeknights. Live music everywhere and I much prefer that over a DJ. 

We went to the Guinness storehouse yesterday and it's pretty cool. If you're into your beer then it's interesting but it's a factory/museum and it's massive. Also, at the end you get your free pint (after the €15 entry) in the "Gravity Bar" which overlooks the whole city and you can see everything from Croke Park to Aviva Stadium, Wicklow Mountains etc. 

We did the tour of the Aviva Stadium as it was round the corner from our hotel but it was pretty basic. I reckon Croke Park would've been better. The town centre is nice, especially O'Connell street. Plenty to do, but I'd say 3 days is definitely enough!

Thanks again, it really means a lot

look after yourself mate, and let those who love you help. Get signed off work for a while. A job isn't worth it.

We all pretty much have three pillars our life is built on. Family, partner and job. Trouble in one area anyone can handle, two is bloody hard, but at least you have the third to rely on. Losing all three can take anyone down. Sounds like you have work trouble and girl trouble, so deal with what you can and get away from the job stress. Let your family help.

What day! 12 hours on the beer in Birmingham with 16 mates. Watched a fantastic win at the hawthorns and met & sat on the same row as Fox92 (nice lad). Just got home with a kebab.

Great day

Yeah, was good, you were only a few seats from me. What a great win; the winner from Vardy was brilliant!

****ing great day yesterday :D arrived in Birmingham with 9 lads, 9 made it back but 1 got refused entry into the game because he was steaming lol

Just had an all round good day from start to finish yesterday, great scenes in our end :wub:

Temple Bar area is great at night, even on weeknights. Live music everywhere and I much prefer that over a DJ.

We went to the Guinness storehouse yesterday and it's pretty cool. If you're into your beer then it's interesting but it's a factory/museum and it's massive. Also, at the end you get your free pint (after the €15 entry) in the "Gravity Bar" which overlooks the whole city and you can see everything from Croke Park to Aviva Stadium, Wicklow Mountains etc.

We did the tour of the Aviva Stadium as it was round the corner from our hotel but it was pretty basic. I reckon Croke Park would've been better. The town centre is nice, especially O'Connell street. Plenty to do, but I'd say 3 days is definitely enough!

been about 5 times for various reasons.

Did croke park once. It's nice to have been but it's much like any other stadium.

history aspect is obviously a little different to most.

Oliver St. John pub in temple bar is good if you hit the traditional music nights.

storehouse has to be done at least once.

For anyone planning to go. I'd you can hit a all Ireland final weekend then do.

Was there for the hurling one year and although we couldn't get tickets I reckon that one night was the best in 5 years worth.

I was deffo in there, should've come over man. Wow meeting RonnieTodger and nearly meeting MTWG what a night.

As said I wasn't 100% I just saw an Indian chap with long wavy hair and thought "hey that's Coxy"

Nah that weren't me I had me hair in braids like David James once had.

How'd you all know what you all look like when you've never actually met them before lol

What day! 12 hours on the beer in Birmingham with 16 mates. Watched a fantastic win at the hawthorns and met & sat on the same row as Fox92 (nice lad). Just got home with a kebab.

Great day

I had my first Desperado at 815am yesterday, after 3 hours sleep the night before. Also got in at 3am today.so I;m fooked today!