Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

There is women who this world who want to have sex with Lamby.

Wow

There are women in the world that I wouldn't want to have sex with, and she's kind of one, but after not having any for over 2 years I'll take anything at the moment.

Congrats to everyone starting their new jobs today!

Crap.

My father has just been rushed to hospital with respiritary difficulties; he's 92 next week, with a history of heart problems. The missus is at work and I'm at home with my twelve year old, so I can't even get in to see him till tomorrow. :(

Hope all is all Buce.

I just hate my life at the min, I hate my job, I'm living in a box room at my mums and I'm drinking far to much.

Firstly put your efforts into stopping the drinking mate.  I know it feels like the only thing that can shut out the pain for a bit, but it makes the lows much much worse.

You've got a roof over your head at your mums. Whilst it might not be ideal, It gives you options and opportunities as you don't have a mortgage hanging over you. If you don't like your job so much, you can use always retrain towards something you'd rather be doing. Without commitments like kids and a house now is the time to do it.

Whilst it's not going to be easy at the minute, there are plenty of opportunities out there for you change things around and the other stuff will get better.

• Like 3

God, old age sucks.

My old man is the toughest guy I've ever known - war veteran, boxer, builder, never took a sick day in 60 years of working. I remember him teaching me to box when I was a teenager - he must have been 50-odd then - and I could hit him with my best shots, but he'd just grin and put me on my arse. He walked Lands End to John O'Groats when he was 75, with 20 kg of camping gear on his back. And now he's just a frail old man with a machine doing his breathing for him. Sorry, guys, I'm rambling, aren't I? I don't want to bring anyone down, I'm just feeling a bit emotional. I really appreciate the messages of support - it reminds me that there are some good people on here, something I perhaps lose sight of sometimes. You all have a good day.

wow,what a man.you must be proud of his achievements.Hope he gets better soon,sounds like a real fighter( no pun intended)

God, old age sucks.

My old man is the toughest guy I've ever known - war veteran, boxer, builder, never took a sick day in 60 years of working. I remember him teaching me to box when I was a teenager - he must have been 50-odd then - and I could hit him with my best shots, but he'd just grin and put me on my arse. He walked Lands End to John O'Groats when he was 75, with 20 kg of camping gear on his back. And now he's just a frail old man with a machine doing his breathing for him. Sorry, guys, I'm rambling, aren't I? I don't want to bring anyone down, I'm just feeling a bit emotional. I really appreciate the messages of support - it reminds me that there are some good people on here, something I perhaps lose sight of sometimes. You all have a good day.

Very much with you on this, Buce. I've just returned from another weekend looking after my recently widowed Dad (90, Parkinson's). It's hard to see a once vigorous, dynamic man in severe decline, isn't it? My Dad was less of a tough guy than yours sounds (though an excellent cyclist and decent sportsman in his youth). He was exceptionally well read, though, a strong hiker and a very good cook - but can now barely read or walk and cannot cook. He had a fall when I was out  with him on Saturday (only minor injuries, just got on with it).

I suppose that we just have to remember that we and our Dads have been lucky compared to many (thinking of Year of the Fox, here, and the sons of my best mate who died at 55) in leading long, vigorous and fulfilling lives - it's hard to think that, though, when you're dealing with the diminished man in front of you, isn't it?

All the best to you and your Dad. I hope they're able to restore some of his quality of life and that you're able to enjoy having him around a bit longer.

On a lighter note, was coming back on the train last night - standard class - and who should I bump into but Leonardo Ulloa and family....

Are we not paying him enough that he's travelling standard class or is he some sort of radical populist agitator? Why was he not sipping Pimms with MattP in the First Class Lounge?  

Googling him, I did see that earlier this season he was pictured on the terraces with the fans at a Brighton away match, so I'm guessing he's a red in a blue shirt....  :ph34r: