Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

lol

I might start making deliberately stupid ones to see if I can get any of them shared in earnest by some of the mouth breathers on my Facebook.

This reminds me of a few pictures of Hitler I saw with Taylor Swift quotes and vice versa

uorMWoY.jpg

Research for my masters is still failing for absolutely no obvious reason, but I bumped into someone who works in shampoo research at the brewery, and was told to send my CV over, so that's not too bad.

Also, £5.50 for a pie without any mash or peas is a joke. Pound extra for mash - **** that.

Well my day is f****** FANTASTIC.

It's pay day which means my last car payment comes out and i am finally free from paying off my old bastard car. 5 year finance and the car was scrapped 2 and a half years ago. Its been a real strain on the finances £214 a month better off now. This goes on top of my wedding rings which were paid off in January totalling £350 a month better off. Finally every month wont be a constant struggle scraping pennies last week before payday.

I wont see the benefits though until next month but still its amazing to know i can stick my finger up at black horse and say f*** off and die.

Guest MattP

off paris for a short trip next week, owt to do apart from eiffel tower ?

Harry's Bar, last time I ended up in there I fell asleep on a park and ended up needing to clean out fish trays at 7am in a suit to earn money for a taxi back to the hotel.

If you are with a bird though the Pont de l'archveche (I've spelt that wrong) - she'll love it.

Edited by MattP

Well my day is f****** FANTASTIC.

It's pay day which means my last car payment comes out and i am finally free from paying off my old bastard car. 5 year finance and the car was scrapped 2 and a half years ago. Its been a real strain on the finances £214 a month better off now. This goes on top of my wedding rings which were paid off in January totalling £350 a month better off. Finally every month wont be a constant struggle scraping pennies last week before payday.

I wont see the benefits though until next month but still its amazing to know i can stick my finger up at black horse and say f*** off and die.

Good to hear, I've been in a similar situation before and when you finally get to the last payment it feels like a massive weight has been lifted and you can sleep a little easier knowing you're situation just improved massively!

Also thanks for the suggestions about Dublin, we'll probably see the storehouse and Molly Malone, my partner is an architect so we have to visit the cathedrals and museums there but will probably drag her to Croke Park due to its history!

Today I got a call saying I passed my second part of my French exam, I'm only up to an A-level standard so fairly far from fluent but it's been a hard year and a half learning, I wish I carried on with it post gcse because language learning has been one of the hardest things I've done education wise for a long time

Had my annual review at work a couple of months ago, and I've just been told my payrise has been approved - it's going to be 16% and backdated to the start of the year! Absolutely over the moon, it's come just at the right time with me and the fiancee looking for our own place - that extra should give us a little bit more wiggle room. Really happy right now.

Harry's Bar, last time I ended up in there I fell asleep on a park and ended up needing to clean out fish trays at 7am in a suit to earn money for a taxi back to the hotel.

If you are with a bird though the Pont de l'archveche (I've spelt that wrong) - she'll love it.

lol

I think we need the full story here. In particular, whose fish trays were they and how did you negotiate your way into cleaning them?

Guest MattP

lol

I think we need the full story here. In particular, whose fish trays were they and how did you negotiate your way into cleaning them?

From the vaults this one Alf but I've found it....

Going back to Paris again in October which reminds me of a story from a few weeks ago I may as well put it in here.

Endd up absolutely out of it in a place called Harry's Bar, so bad had stole the mic from the guy in the live band and was wandering around getting everyone in there to sing with me, at least a bottle vodka in addition to ten pints and a few jaegerbombs.

Next 4-5 hours has just vanished and I've woke up on a bench somewhere in Paris, checked all my pockets, no money, phone completely dead and absolutely no idea how to get back to the hotel.

It's about 6am now and I'm wandering around in the searing heat with shoes, trousers and a long sleeve shirt on went for a walk and kept asking any bar that was still open if they had a Samsung phone charger, no chance anywhere and most seemed to be saying you'll have to buy something to even get a look in the box.

Absolutely no idea what to do and after wandering for what must have been an hour randomly ended up wandering past a fish market, load of boxes being jetwashed by the fella opening it up so I asked him if I could help. He laughed and I took the jet wash off him and started cleaning his fish trays for him, did about 15 on this crate. Took me about 20 mins then I said can I have 10 euros to get home? He laughed and said follow, took me into the back and he had about 50 trays stood there, and said 'this, 20 euros'

I said no worries, handed me the wash and I went to work, things were nasty as **** and I was sweating like a pig and absolutely stunk, must have taken me two hours to get all this shit off his trays and then he gave me 20 euros.

Hailed down a cab and told him to take me back to the Novotel, after 2 mins all his windows went down and his hand was over his nose, what the fcuk he must have thought I had been doing all night getting into a cab at 8.30am still in my shirt and trousers stinking of fish so badly he was going to need his car fumigated I'll never know.

Got back to the Hotel and the fair was about 23 Euros, I started gesturing that I only had 20 and he wasn't having it, couldn't speak a word of English so I started turning all my pockets out to show that I didn't have a cent more.

Turned out the back one and a 50 euro note falls out, all that walking, stinking, grafting and somehow I had missed this in my back pocket. Unreal.

Going back to Paris again in October which reminds me of a story from a few weeks ago I may as well put it in here.

Endd up absolutely out of it in a place called Harry's Bar, so bad had stole the mic from the guy in the live band and was wandering around getting everyone in there to sing with me, at least a bottle vodka in addition to ten pints and a few jaegerbombs.

Next 4-5 hours has just vanished and I've woke up on a bench somewhere in Paris, checked all my pockets, no money, phone completely dead and absolutely no idea how to get back to the hotel.

It's about 6am now and I'm wandering around in the searing heat with shoes, trousers and a long sleeve shirt on went for a walk and kept asking any bar that was still open if they had a Samsung phone charger, no chance anywhere and most seemed to be saying you'll have to buy something to even get a look in the box.

Absolutely no idea what to do and after wandering for what must have been an hour randomly ended up wandering past a fish market, load of boxes being jetwashed by the fella opening it up so I asked him if I could help. He laughed and I took the jet wash off him and started cleaning his fish trays for him, did about 15 on this crate. Took me about 20 mins then I said can I have 10 euros to get home? He laughed and said follow, took me into the back and he had about 50 trays stood there, and said 'this, 20 euros'

I said no worries, handed me the wash and I went to work, things were nasty as **** and I was sweating like a pig and absolutely stunk, must have taken me two hours to get all this shit off his trays and then he gave me 20 euros.

Hailed down a cab and told him to take me back to the Novotel, after 2 mins all his windows went down and his hand was over his nose, what the fcuk he must have thought I had been doing all night getting into a cab at 8.30am still in my shirt and trousers stinking of fish so badly he was going to need his car fumigated I'll never know.

Got back to the Hotel and the fair was about 23 Euros, I started gesturing that I only had 20 and he wasn't having it, couldn't speak a word of English so I started turning all my pockets out to show that I didn't have a cent more.

Turned out the back one and a 50 euro note falls out, all that walking, stinking, grafting and somehow I had missed this in my back pocket. Unreal.

lol Brilliant story especially after finding a 50 in ur pocket

lol  Brilliant!

Not as good as your story, but reminded me of my New Year's Eve 1980.

I was only 18, had left home (Folkestone area) to study a few months earlier and had arranged to meet up with uni mates in London for a New Year skinful. We ended up in a boozer somewhere around Clapham.

At some point unknown to my memory, I must have wandered off and got lost, because I woke up at about 6am (a few blocks away from the pub, it transpired), freezing cold and slumped in one of those classic red phone boxes. I checked my pockets and found them to contain no cash whatsoever. I had no bank card (did they even exist back then?), no tube or train ticket and all the blokes I'd been drinking with were obviously long gone.

I managed to get a tube to Charing Cross without a ticket, then struck it lucky there. As it was New Year's Day, there were very few staff on duty and nobody checking tickets at the entrance to the platform, so I was able to sneak onto a Folkestone train without detection. I sat on the train for about 1 hour 40 minutes shitting myself about getting caught without a ticket (I was a nice, innocent young lad from a good home in those days). Again, I got lucky and reached Folkestone without being accosted by a ticket inspector. I was less lucky at the station, though. Unless you wanted to cross live tracks and climb a high barbed wire fence, to leave the station you had to go down a narrow tunnel and through a narrow gateway, where the ticket inspector stood in a booth....almost impossible to get through without a ticket, unless you resorted to sprinting or violence (and I was a nice young lad, as I say). So, I skulked around the platform for about half an hour, waiting for the ticket inspector to leave his booth. Eventually he did leave and I was able to get through ticketless and hungover to do a reverse charge call for my folks to pick me up from the station.

When I was undressing for bed that night, I realised that there was something in my sock.... It was a £20 note. I'd obviously made careful advance plans to keep enough standby cash to get home, but had completely forgotten about it! :frusty:  

• Like 3

Had my annual review at work a couple of months ago, and I've just been told my payrise has been approved - it's going to be 16% and backdated to the start of the year! Absolutely over the moon, it's come just at the right time with me and the fiancee looking for our own place - that extra should give us a little bit more wiggle room. Really happy right now.

16%? Are your employers insane lol