Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I think the only time I had to do it was when my place of work at the time got held up by a group of thieves with baseball bats and knives! I heard the commotion in the kitchen, went in (stupidly), and luckily enough it was enough to spook them in to leaving pretty quickly!

Three times, because of my dad on all three occasions. First was his first seizure, which, cause of the way his arms were I thought was a heart attack. Second was his third seizure three days after Xmas (his second came while walking to the football on 21 Dec) and the third was when he was in disturbing amounts of pain five 1/2 years later just a few months before he died.

A) I realise this is wildly off topic :unsure:

B) Moose is right, god calling 999 is depressing

I've had to call 999 and 101 several times.

999 for both police and ambulance - the most interesting reason was I was approaching a roundabout to give way and a car came round the roundabout and smashed into the back of a HGV, impacting at the windscreen. There were two people in the vehicle that I could see (driver and front seat passenger) air bags went off, glass and debris everywhere, smoke. I went onto the roundabout and drove past whilst ringing 999 - absolutely nothing I could have done had I stopped other than cause a bigger obstruction and it was mid afternoon so there were other cars around and I'm sure had anyone been suitabily trained or medically qualified they would have stopped. The 999 operator said they would dispatch someone straight away.

Never know how it ended up but when I drove home the same way about 3 hours later it was all cleared up so it was unlikely to have been anything serious or I assume the road would have been closed by police.

Also rang 999 when driving on the motorway and I saw two children running up and down on the hard shoulder but with no vehicle anywhere to be seen so I feared they might run out into traffic as they didn't seem to be with parents or a broken down car etc.

When phoning for the ambulance it's never been for anything interesting.

Edited by DB11

So what you are saying is that you witnessed bullying. Cos that's what it was, but actually decided to not intervene, to say anything at all but to 'watch from a distance'

What a hero you really are KF.....

What the hell you on about.

You know the Great Central Way right, you've said you've walked down there before. People are capable of walking in both directions, you walk past many people.

I was walking my Dog, there were no Dogs involved to make myself clear. I was walking up, there were one or two people in front of me, so they intervened first because they were ahead of me. Did I watch it involve no I didn't, I walked in another direction to get away from it, there were other people around with Dogs, so I asked them if they had a mobile in case if the incident got out of hand, I didn't have my mobile on me because, I don't think there's any need to take a mobile with you on a 10-15 minute Dog Walk, so that answers Stan's question.

There were other people there, I didn't think it was necessary for me to get involved, despite that I don't condone that kind of thing because it was disgusting.

Easy to be a hero from behind your computer right? I realise it's King Fox so everyone has to call him a twat but do people always intervene when they see physical or emotional bullying?

I suppose because I had to do it as part of my job, if I came across it, before I retired, then I believe I still would, but it doesn't make you any sort of hero. Just, hopefully, doing the right thing.

I suppose because I had to do it as part of my job, if I came across it, before I retired, then I believe I still would, but it doesn't make you any sort of hero. Just, hopefully, doing the right thing.

Felt like, I was sat on, a rollercoaster, reading that.

(Sorry - I've become what I hate.)

Single bedroom flat around £1200 a month

Jesus! Another example of why I'm glad I left London.

Decent location though if you can afford it and like London

True

and it's in the middle of zone 2, 1 stop from Holland Park (one of the nicest areas in the world) and Notting hill and only a few stops from central.

I moved south of the river after leaving Shepherds Bush, was renting a 2 bed flat for £1K pm, sharing with a mate. Ridiculous prices either way. 

I moved south of the river after leaving Shepherds Bush, was renting a 2 bed flat for £1K pm, sharing with a mate. Ridiculous prices either way. 

where abouts?

I've looked south of the river but its the lack of tube that lets it down

Edited by lavrentis