Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

This week has been exhausting.

I left my house at 08:30 on Monday, got to J'burg at 13:30, the plane was delayed so got to Nairobi airport too late for my connection at 22:30, but we weren't allowed to leave the airport until we had boarding passes, so we got to the hotel at 13:00. Was woken up at 04:30 to get to the airport for pur 08:25 flight. Got to Amsterdam at 16:00, went to the office, did a run through of presentation with my boss, then we left for Luxembourg at 19:00, arriving at 23:30. Did my 5min presentation, sat and listened to other presentations. Left for Amsterdam at 18:30, stopped at Maastricht for dinner, got to my hotel in Amsterdam at 23:00. Fire alarm goes off as soon as I get settled in to the room... Now on FT.

Going to the Hague in the morning.

Tired.

Got a bit tipsy watching our game and after last night. Work this morn' was a struggle. Absolutely goosed. Need this weekend very badly, last had a day off 12 days ago and did about 50 hrs last week. No fun.

Great day at work today.

I feel re-energised. I was going to quit, but will stick it out for a bit longer while I develop my own business.

It probably helps that I have had the most amazing lunch and dinner, with some fantastic beers.

Edited by Merging Cultures

Watching a German watch the springtime for hitler scene in the producers for the first time without prior knowledge is the funniest thing I've ever seen - their face was a mix of abject horror, disgust and slightly offended at, and I quote: "the idea that Germans would dance and sing"