Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Maybe a twat for putting the performance of the business before someone's health but I'm afraid this needs to be done to ensure everyone gets paid.

You aren't doing that though are you?  You are just being a twat.  And I bet when blokes call in sick you are telling them to stay off until they are fully recovered, and not come in we need you to finish a job?

You aren't doing that though are you?  You are just being a twat.  And I bet when blokes call in sick you are telling them to stay off until they are fully recovered, and not come in we need you to finish a job?

woah woah no need to to insult the guy i see both points. the guy has lost money but i see his point of he cant risk losing his entire force. if the guy is ill and knew it he should have took time off. if he didn't it cant be helped and yeah it is a bit annoying cleaning up after it and losing money. 

we don't know if this is the kind of boss who usually supports his workers or is a "you've had a day off..i can get a new person in tomorrow who could do your job" kind of guy. quit jumping down his throat here for the sake of a reaction! 

my day by the way? currently alright. out for a chinese meal with the work lot tonight...sertraline helping me deal with social anxiety makes it easier but still shitting myself (not literally)

woah woah no need to to insult the guy i see both points. the guy has lost money but i see his point of he cant risk losing his entire force. if the guy is ill and knew it he should have took time off. if he didn't it cant be helped and yeah it is a bit annoying cleaning up after it and losing money. 

we don't know if this is the kind of boss who usually supports his workers or is a "you've had a day off..i can get a new person in tomorrow who could do your job" kind of guy. quit jumping down his throat here for the sake of a reaction! 

my day by the way? currently alright. out for a chinese meal with the work lot tonight...sertraline helping me deal with social anxiety makes it easier but still shitting myself (not literally)

If you read the initial post, the guy has said his employee had a fit.  Then complained about having to clean up.  Then he went on to defend this by saying he shouldn't have come to work if he was sick.  No one has ever gone to work knowing they are going to have a fit unless they work in A&E so that is bollocks and can be disregarded.   Shows a complete lack of care for the guy in question, and in my view makes him a twat.  Lots of people in my view are twats, so I am sure he wont take too much offence!! ;)

• Like 1

If you read the initial post, the guy has said his employee had a fit.  Then complained about having to clean up.  Then he went on to defend this by saying he shouldn't have come to work if he was sick.  No one has ever gone to work knowing they are going to have a fit unless they work in A&E so that is bollocks and can be disregarded.   Shows a complete lack of care for the guy in question, and in my view makes him a twat.  Lots of people in my view are twats, so I am sure he wont take too much offence!! ;)

Ooh ooh, pick me, pick me.

Some people complain about workers who take a day off because theyare feeling a bit off and say they should not be paid. You cannot have it both ways.

When I worked in the hosiery factory a few years back a bloke collapsed and fitted. He died there It turns out he had contracted something whilst on a recent overseasholiday. He was about 49 years old. Fits cannot be predicted.

Are you sure you're a Tory?

Do you really think it's likely you're going to actually correct me on a punk lyric?

Listen to it again. Second line.

(Now run along and put the Wagner on, toff boy.)

I was being facetious, pretending not to recognise the lyric, and calling you an anti-Christ.  Not sure why exactly I did that. 

Then again you called me a Toff boy, which is pretty wide of the mark, so not sure I feel too bad about it.

Edited by Jon the Hat

The guy comes to work and risks making entire work force I'll. Should have called in sick not come to work and been sick

What I used to do if someone came in ill was send them home and thank them for making the effort to come in.Others were always off( you got yo know those) they would never bother.Which is worse?

Sat my AS core 1 maths paper this morning, couldn't tell you how it went, I have no idea myself! I've either completely f***ed it up or I've smashed it. Anyone else sit this paper today?

Yeah I had it this morning too. I thought it was a really nice paper compared with some of the past papers I've done. I'm hoping I got an A. What about you?

Also what exam board are you? Mine was OCR.

Edited by Ian W LCFC

Should I have to take zero risk for a work force of twenty plus? I have a duty of care to all at the work place not just the sick.

Money wasn't made for two hours, I have a bottom line to consider.

My thoughts are with the guy that was sick but also on the results of the work place

Harsh I know but also true

Don't kid yourself. You have a funny way of showing it if you do.

Maybe a twat for putting the performance of the business before someone's health but I'm afraid this needs to be done to ensure everyone gets paid.

That's exactly correct.  In your own words you've lost 2 hours of business and that's too much to excuse a man for having a fit, spewing his guts everywhere, and having to be carted off in an ambulance.  Actually I take that back it's not correct - you're well beyond being a twat, you make being a twat look like helping old ladies cross the road.

What I used to do if someone came in ill was send them home and thank them for making the effort to come in.Others were always off( you got yo know those) they would never bother.Which is worse?

Coming into work ill and taking ill when there are two different things. Not been so easy the last few years. Three days wait to get a sick note. Appointment with doctor. By that time you may be ok and lost money for time off.

Edited by Rincewind

Faked a fit at work today, even managed to puke and shit on the toilet floor lol

A mate told me the cleaner phoned in sick, so that twat of a boss had to clean it up. Result.

Fookin hell... what are the chances??  :blink:

Coming into work ill and taking ill when there are two different things. Not been so easy the last few years. Three days wait to get a sick note. Appointment with doctor. By that time you may be ok and lost money for time off.

Bloody conservative government...

3 day wait for a sick note....

Not being paid because of this.....

Can't you self certify for a week........?

• Like 2