Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

That's exactly correct. In your own words you've lost 2 hours of business and that's too much to excuse a man for having a fit, spewing his guts everywhere, and having to be carted off in an ambulance. Actually I take that back it's not correct - you're well beyond being a twat, you make being a twat look like helping old ladies cross the road.

Sounds like the business is shockingly badly managed if it can't continue to operate when 1 person is ill and another is cleaning the toilets.

Absolutely stressed out of my head! Trying to support our entire household and all the bills on my wage. Girlfriend is pregnant and awaiting maternity pay from her old job that made her redundant. Been waiting 6 weeks for that dispute to be settled and have now been told it could take another 8 weeks :(

Can't pay the rent on the due date so could potentially be evicted at any moment and having to ring around to say that the bills will be paid but will be late.

The worst part is my partner is stressed which obviously she doesn't need right now. Had enough!

Just booked/paid for graduation. Quite expensive. The past three years have gone way too fast though.

It really is an absolute rip off, it's obviously a great day etc, but around £50/60 to hire the cap & gown that is only really needed for a handshake, certificate and a few photos is pretty mental. I'd imagine they make a fortune. Congrats anyway!  

• Like 1

Absolutely stressed out of my head! Trying to support our entire household and all the bills on my wage. Girlfriend is pregnant and awaiting maternity pay from her old job that made her redundant. Been waiting 6 weeks for that dispute to be settled and have now been told it could take another 8 weeks :(

Can't pay the rent on the due date so could potentially be evicted at any moment and having to ring around to say that the bills will be paid but will be late.

The worst part is my partner is stressed which obviously she doesn't need right now. Had enough!

Sorry to hear that Foxfanazer. Hope your landlord is considerate and helps you out. Can parents not help out? Hope you manage to get through it all. Do you not have anything to sell? Do a car boot? You would be surprised what might be junk to you could be something more important to someone else.

Hope your girlfriend gets her maternity pay sorted. Also make sure you are backdated what you are entitled to.

• Like 1

Have you tried speaking to your boss to see if you can do some extra hours, try telling them your situation.

Good luck.

Are you entitled to. Housing Benefit or any other benefit to help with rent, Foxfanazer? Even temporarily?

Yes mate but everything takes so long to come through. Been waiting almost 2 months now

Have you tried speaking to your boss to see if you can do some extra hours, try telling them your situation.

Good luck.

Yeah I do a good few hours overtime. Still really tight

Good luck.

Sorry to hear that Foxfanazer. Hope your landlord is considerate and helps you out. Can parents not help out? Hope you manage to get through it all. Do you not have anything to sell? Do a car boot? You would be surprised what might be junk to you could be something more important to someone else.

Hope your girlfriend gets her maternity pay sorted. Also make sure you are backdated what you are entitled to.

Thanks mate. They can help a little but barely scratches the surface to be honest. Before she was made redundant we were guilty of living beyond our means a bit which was our own fault.

Yes mate but everything takes so long to come through. Been waiting almost 2 months now

You should hear back soon. Not sure what Leicester authority is like but Bedford local authority give time frame of 6 weeks for claim to be assessed. Once that comes through, you may be eligible for a Discretionary Housing Payment. You'll need to contact your local authority about this too and it gives you a chance to display your reasons as to why you're struggling financially and why you think you should receive this temporary payment. Bear in mind you'll only be allowed for DHP if your HB doesn't fully cover your rent. But it can be renewed when the expiry date is approaching if you begin to receive it.

It depends on the basic hours you're working though if you'll get HB or not.

Good luck and hope you get everything sorted.

Thanks mate. They can help a little but barely scratches the surface to be honest. Before she was made redundant we were guilty of living beyond our means a bit which was our own fault.

We all live beyond our means at some point. It took me a while to adjust. You get used to having a certain amount coming in then whack it hits you.

Hope things work out for you FF.

My wife has been to see the midwife today and the baby has turned so is no longer breach! Been offered the chance for him to be born at Melton rather than LGH.

Anyone have any experience with Melton birthing centre?