Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Hope things work out for you FF.

My wife has been to see the midwife today and the baby has turned so is no longer breach! Been offered the chance for him to be born at Melton rather than LGH.

Anyone have any experience with Melton birthing centre?

Personally I'd go with the general, more staff, more beds = less likely stress and confusion.

My wife has been to see the midwife today and the baby has turned so is no longer breach! Been offered the chance for him to be born at Melton rather than LGH.

We chose the General. The wife's cousin went to Melton and then had some complications. she had to travel to Leicester in the back of an ambulance while in labour, which apparently wasn't pleasant.

I can only speak from the point of view of having transferred Mums-to-be from Melton to Leicester and it does seem to me (and I could be wildly off-beam) that anything more than a minor complication will be sent to LRI or LGH mat.

That said it's a small and friendly, homely place to have a baby without the hectic hustle and bustle of a larger mat unit.

Edit: Just seen Webbo's post. Seemingly bears me out. A ride in an ambulance in any kind of discomfort isn't pleasant. And if I'm in tha back... well.... :(  :D

Edited by Parafox

Personally I'd go with the general, more staff, more beds = less likely stress and confusion.

My thoughts exactly. I work at LGH anyway so I know the staff and area really well whereas I haven't had the opportunity to work at MBC yet

Edited by SystonFox

My thoughts exactly. I work at LGH anyway so I know the staff and area really well whereas I haven't had the opportunity to work at MBC yet

We had our first baby at the Royal and our second at Melton and both hospitals provided great levels of care. As you already work at the General I would say go with what you know. Melton is a good birthing centre but only for a straightforward labour, as already mentioned you don't want the faff of being transferred over to Leicester if the situation arises.

Yeah I had it this morning too. I thought it was a really nice paper compared with some of the past papers I've done. I'm hoping I got an A. What about you?

Also what exam board are you? Mine was OCR.

OCR too mate. My paper was 12 questions long, and you had to find two unknowns (k and x) in the last question? Maths is my weakest A-level to be honest so I'm looking to get a C. Had my English Literature paper (AQA) today, it was a great paper for me and the grade boundaries are ridiculously low so I'd be surprised if I haven't got at least a B, but in reality I think I should have got an A, all speculation until August though! :)

One more exam to go on Monday and my year is finished, planning to go away with the misses for a week or so after which should be nice!

Never really got the point with exams, think there are better ways to assess people than through exams and the amount of re-reading the same things for them really starts to make me loathe subjects I actually enjoyed for the past 6 months!

I had a colleague staying over last Thursday before a conference in Manchester.  He's from Finland.  Anyway I did a bit of cleaning today and cleaned his bathroom.  I spotted something on the bath panel, it was a chunk of poo.  I stood there staring at it for a few moments trying to grasp the gravity of this gross moment, but as the feelings of disgust subsided I was overwhelmed with confusion on how this poo ended up in such a place?. 

The bath in that bathroom is quite a distance from the toilet so how did it end up there?.  Was he in the bath when mother nature called and didn't realise he had prematurely dropped a nugget?, maybe it's Finnish tradition to christen a guest bathroom by spinning round like a catherine wheel whilst taking a poo.  Either way I'll never view Daniel in the same light again.

They use the bidet shower in Finland. You probably don't have one, so he used the shower instead.

Cheers moose, now I have an image of a 6 foot 2 16 stone man shoving my shower near his arse after he's had a poo.

My need to change the shower head.

Edited by purpleronnie