Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just back from blood donors, I did a platelets donation for the first time. Can't say it was a pleasant experience.

Good man. Which reminds me, I need to call the Platelet centre to organise my next donation! I've had to give it a six month break to make sure I haven't got anything dodgy from India. 

Are you planning to go again? I usually do it at least once a month. Haven't felt rough after it before but one time they messed up the needle and on the first return it squirted blood into my arm lol Ended up with a spectacular bruise.

Good man. Which reminds me, I need to call the Platelet centre to organise my next donation! I've had to give it a six month break to make sure I haven't got anything dodgy from India. 

Are you planning to go again? I usually do it at least once a month. Haven't felt rough after it before but one time they messed up the needle and on the first return it squirted blood into my arm lol Ended up with a spectacular bruise.

They've made me an appointment for August, I don't know why so long they told me it could be every 4 weeks.

It came and went during the session, my face went numb and I felt a bit sick and then it would go away and then come back again. I think I just need to get used to taking out and putting back in.

Edited by Webbo

Its been a bit of a rubbish day to be honest.....

So my son has difficulty with choking. He's 11 weeks old. he can be asleep, feeding. sitting there cooing. There's no pattern to it. We cant leave him alone for even a second incase he chokes when we are not there. Well we had some tests done last week and found out he has a fistular at the back of his throat. Its acting kind of like a little resevoir... fluids ( breat milk) have been collecting there instead of all of it going down into his stomach and has been randomly overflowing into his lungs. So today they put a camera up his nose ( not nice to watch) and found out we are likely to have to operate on him. Anyone who is a parent will know that as a dad you'd do anything to proptect your kids from harm.....  Must remember not to roundhouse kick the dr who comes to get him on his Op day.

He's 11 weeks old!

:(

So my son has difficulty with choking. He's 11 weeks old. he can be asleep, feeding. sitting there cooing. There's no pattern to it. We cant leave him alone for even a second incase he chokes when we are not there. Well we had some tests done last week and found out he has a fistular at the back of his throat. Its acting kind of like a little resevoir... fluids ( breat milk) have been collecting there instead of all of it going down into his stomach and has been randomly overflowing into his lungs. So today they put a camera up his nose ( not nice to watch) and found out we are likely to have to operate on him. Anyone who is a parent will know that as a dad you'd do anything to proptect your kids from harm..... Must remember not to roundhouse kick the dr who comes to get him on his Op day.

He's 11 weeks old!

I normally avoid posting on particularly emotive stuff on here because other people can say it better than I can but that sounds awful and I hope everything is ok Edited by Wookie
  • Like 2

So my son has difficulty with choking. He's 11 weeks old. he can be asleep, feeding. sitting there cooing. There's no pattern to it. We cant leave him alone for even a second incase he chokes when we are not there. Well we had some tests done last week and found out he has a fistular at the back of his throat. Its acting kind of like a little resevoir... fluids ( breat milk) have been collecting there instead of all of it going down into his stomach and has been randomly overflowing into his lungs. So today they put a camera up his nose ( not nice to watch) and found out we are likely to have to operate on him. Anyone who is a parent will know that as a dad you'd do anything to proptect your kids from harm.....  Must remember not to roundhouse kick the dr who comes to get him on his Op day.

He's 11 weeks old!

:cry: really hope you get him sorted soon mate, parents are on tenterhooks in the first six months when everything normal, this must be awful.

He's 11 weeks old!

That's shit mate. Hope he gets sorted and it can put your mind at rest too.

cheers chaps.

The worst thing is i used to work in the peadiatric intensive care unit at the LRI so its not like i don't know that side of the coin. I guess its partly due to us not getting any decent sleep... aswell as him waking us up when he wants feeding, its not been uncommon for him to wake up 4-5 times a night choking and turning blue. I guess exhaustion can multiply any emotion, really...

We have to be really careful where we take him... was driving along a busy road the other day ( for a Dr's appointment) and he just started choking in his car seat. Had to pull over pretty sharpish

Edited by MPH

cheers chaps.

The worst thing is i used to work in the peadiatric intensive care unit at the LRI so its not like i don't know that side of the coin. I guess its partly due to us not getting any decent sleep... aswell as him waking us up when he wants feeding, its not been uncommon for him to wake up 4-5 times a night choking and turning blue. I guess exhaustion can multiply any emotion, really...

We have to be really careful where we take him... was driving along a busy road the other day ( for a Dr's appointment) and he just started choking in his car seat. Had to pull over pretty sharpish

Sounds like you're doing a brilliant job keeping him safe, well done. Thoughts are with you as well, can't imagine having to deal with that :)

cheers chaps.

MPH,that's terrible the stress must be immense ,as a parent myself I can remember those first months and I used to worry about silly things.Good luck and I hope the op gets done soon so the little man can give you even more joy without the worry.

Makes the story about my lad splitting his gum and Iip open today seem very irrelevant and if he wasn't acting lthe idiot it wouldn't have happened.

Edited by cambridgefox

Hope everything goes okay MPH!

They've made me an appointment for August, I don't know why so long they told me it could be every 4 weeks.

It came and went during the session, my face went numb and I felt a bit sick and then it would go away and then come back again. I think I just need to get used to taking out and putting back in.

When I did my first one they mentioned something about possible reactions to the blood thinning stuff they have to use which affects some people. I'd be lying if I said I could remember much more than that though. I've got my next appointment booked for a month's time. Time to get back on the horse.

Hope everything goes okay MPH!

When I did my first one they mentioned something about possible reactions to the blood thinning stuff they have to use which affects some people. I'd be lying if I said I could remember much more than that though. I've got my next appointment booked for a month's time. Time to get back on the horse.

Possible reaction were temporary loss of memory, so looks like you are in the clear ;)

So my son has difficulty with choking. He's 11 weeks old. he can be asleep, feeding. sitting there cooing. There's no pattern to it. We cant leave him alone for even a second incase he chokes when we are not there. Well we had some tests done last week and found out he has a fistular at the back of his throat. Its acting kind of like a little resevoir... fluids ( breat milk) have been collecting there instead of all of it going down into his stomach and has been randomly overflowing into his lungs. So today they put a camera up his nose ( not nice to watch) and found out we are likely to have to operate on him. Anyone who is a parent will know that as a dad you'd do anything to proptect your kids from harm..... Must remember not to roundhouse kick the dr who comes to get him on his Op day.

He's 11 weeks old!

Sorry to hear that mate, sounds awful. What do you have to do when he's having one of his choking fits?