Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Didn't you go Hull the other week? What have you done wrong at work to be punished like this?

Yeah I work in Hull a lot. It's part of my area I cover. Basically anywhere north of Leicester but I have a lot going on in Hull and Barnsley right now

2 weeks on Saturday, is it wrong that I'm more looking forward to the time off work than the actual event?

im often thinking this about laddo being born in 3 weeks. I'm taking a month off and I can't wait for that! Just need to accept there will likely be a screaming baby most of the time

Friggin military have taken over the central prison.

People are blaming SADC (the regional body) for not shutting the military down in 98. Forget that the politicians here are ridiculously corrupt and are using the military to cause unrest. Clearly it is easier to blame others than to just acknowledge your own faults.

Edited by Merging Cultures

Went over to the William Wigston (Wigston Magna) as part of the May Mild Trail. Got in there and told they had  just run out (taking the pump clip off as I asked) but they said I could not have a sticker as there was CAMRA committee members  in the pub and they  might be told off. FFS I visited the  pub which was the main  reason for the promotion, to get eople to visit CAMRA pubs, the mild being secondary  If I went in half hour earlier I would have been OK. Now I have to try and go another day.

May go Winstanley Arms tomorrow but not sure where to get off the bus. All I know it is 104 from the Haymarket.

lol that's my local. It's a a bit shit but on the 104 route, you just wait until you see it. It's at the end of a street called "The Glade" and your stop will be right outside.

Been to sign on for the first time, turns out 18-24 year olds have to go daily - so there's £4.20 bus fare a day for what I highly doubt will be helpful. Still, I've got home to a phone call looking for a job interview at the start of next week, if successful starting at the end of next week, so hopefully I'm not going to have to put up with the job centre for long.

Been to sign on for the first time, turns out 18-24 year olds have to go daily - so there's £4.20 bus fare a day for what I highly doubt will be helpful. Still, I've got home to a phone call looking for a job interview at the start of next week, if successful starting at the end of next week, so hopefully I'm not going to have to put up with the job centre for long.

You don't have a bike?

If you want some temporary work for the time-being, apparently, if you call 'Staffline' (Leicester branch obviously) they'll give you something straightaway.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Diagnosis - Poorly Tummy

Solution - Man the F*** up :D

Seriously though have you visited the throne yet? Everything is better after a visit to the throne :thumbup:

i visited the throne and the world fell out of my arse. soon after the boss sent me home and i spent the day in bed playing football chairman on my phone with ****ing awful stomach cramp still. 

mrs finally stopped throwing up too so happy days. 

You should be able to claim expenses for the bus.

Two kids aged 1 & 4 both sicking and shitting in unison for 36 hours, whilst the girlfriend is being sick. My four year old ran upstairs earlier followed by a brown river.

Two days holiday used up to clean up the constant mess.

Remind me never to eat your cooking lol

My son had sickness and the runs couple of days ago. That seems to have stopped but now he has the start of a chest infection. Looks like the lergy is everywhere

Remind me never to eat your cooking lol

My son had sickness and the runs couple of days ago. That seems to have stopped but now he has the start of a chest infection. Looks like the lergy is everywhere

Pleased to say I haven't cooked anything in the last week so I'm clear on that front. :D

Guest MattP

Signing on every day is just retarded. By all means target 18 - 24 year old to try and get them in to work ASAP, whole heartedly agree with that.

But making then sign on daily is just dumb.

Providing they get a day return bus pass to do (They don't which is wrong imo) it I think it's a fantastic idea, let's give them a huge incentive to work straight away rather than let them fall into an easy strain of welfare dependency. Time to write the wrong of the previous generations.

It's not dumb at all and I think it's shocking to call it that, we should be doing everything we can to get these people into work.

Went Winstanley Arms yesterday for a. Brampton Mild. Not a bad place considering where it  is. I would imagine its a lot different at night.

It's a decent pub, what are you doing out there anyway? Have you moved?

Went Winstanley Arms yesterday for a. Brampton Mild. Not a bad place considering where it  is. I would imagine its a lot different at night.

Think you'll find it's in Braunstone Town which is fine. If it was in Braunstone (city council side :sick: ) I could understand that bit.

;)

• Like 1