Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

My wife had two bad pregnancies but in the end it all worked it. I had to do everything in the house as well as be mommy and daddy for my toddler lol. Heck she gave birth back in march and has a broken vagina. No joke when our daughter came out her two arms popped out and so did one of her legs! Was messed up! But it basically did something to her pelvic/pubic bone (seperated) and her recovery is still ongoing 3 months later (sigh).

It gets better each day so keep the faith my friend!

Sounds like a nightmare! Cheers for the message fella

;)

Proud dad day for me.

Just waved my 17 year-old son off to Egypt to play for the England beach soccer team in a tournament in Sharm El Sheikh involving teams from Egypt, Kuwait, Oman, Romania, Hungary, Ukraine and Lebanon.

He scored two minutes into his debut v Estonia in April in a friendly but this is his first proper international tournament.

• Like 4

Proud dad day for me.

Just waved my 17 year-old son off to Egypt to play for the England beach soccer team in a tournament in Sharm El Sheikh involving teams from Egypt, Kuwait, Oman, Romania, Hungary, Ukraine and Lebanon.

He scored two minutes into his debut v Estonia in April in a friendly but this is his first proper international tournament.

Brilliant. Good luck to him.

Proud dad day for me.

nice, good luck!

How does beach soccer differ from standard football technically? Would the pros of the standard game excel at it? Good luck to your son. 

I think so, especially in the diving department. They could dive at their leisure with a softer surface than grass under their feet!

• Like 1

Thanks Bovril, StanSP and theessexfox.

If you're interested, have a look at the highlights of this weeks Euro Winners Cup from Siciliy. This is the Champions League of beach soccer.

http://livestream.com/bsww/eurowinnerscup2015

Portsmouth BSC went as England's representatives as they beat my team, WKR Santos BSC, 8-5, in last season's qualifying final.

• Like 1

Passed my First Aid assessment so woo :scarf:

In other news, I'm knackered but refusing to go to bed because I want to stay up late so that I have a lie in tomorrow because I am out late tomorrow and don't want to be tired tomorrow evening... :huh: Not sure if that will work lol lol

Passed my First Aid assessment so woo :scarf:

In other news, I'm knackered but refusing to go to bed because I want to stay up late so that I have a lie in tomorrow because I am out late tomorrow and don't want to be tired tomorrow evening... :huh: Not sure if that will work lol lol

I'm staying up late, even though I'm ****ed, purely to delay the getting up for an all day/night wedding tomorrow. I'm determined to still enjoy my Friday night.

If you're interested, have a look at the highlights of this weeks Euro Winners Cup from Siciliy. This is the Champions League of beach soccer.

Portsmouth BSC went as England's representatives as they beat my team, WKR Santos BSC, 8-5, in last season's qualifying final.

Not sure what I expected but it was different to that, that looks so cool! I liked it when the keeper, from a free-kick, chipped it up to himself and tried to volley it in  lol looks pretty technical as well, to be able to do what you'd do on a football pitch but in sand. 

It must be so knackering running through sand!? I imagine theres a fair few pull calfs and hamstring injuries

Not sure what I expected but it was different to that, that looks so cool! I liked it when the keeper, from a free-kick, chipped it up to himself and tried to volley it in  lol looks pretty technical as well, to be able to do what you'd do on a football pitch but in sand. 

Live quarter and semi-finals on now http://livestream.com/accounts/7854495/events/4079076

Should be some cracking action.

Edited by Isle of Wight Fox

Are they not allowed to dribble or just choosing not to?

When I went to Brazil and played football on the beach there it was so hard to dribble, the ball doesn't roll too well so most is played off the ground through the air, need a good first touch for that, see some lovely skills though!

That being said I'm probably nowhere near as good as the lads playing on the streams so I might be wrong.

When I went to Brazil and played football on the beach there it was so hard to dribble, the ball doesn't roll too well so most is played off the ground through the air, need a good first touch for that, see some lovely skills though!

That being said I'm probably nowhere near as good as the lads playing on the streams so I might be wrong.

I wondered if it was that.  Watching it for longer you do occasionally see someone travel with the ball.

Live quarter and semi-finals on now http://livestream.com/accounts/7854495/events/4079076

Should be some cracking action.

Incredible comeback on the cards for Braga in the current stream.  From 7-2 down to 7-6 as it stands...

And as I pressed post... 7-7!

Edit: Lost 9-7 in the end.  Didn't think much of the refereeing, you'd think with such a small pitch to cover they'd have an easier time keeping an eye on things like strikers kicking the ball out of the GK's hand and scoring lol

Edited by Carl the Llama

Stankovic, who plays for Vybor and Switzerland, is probably the best striker in the world at the moment.

There's a tournament down here on 11th/12th July - you guys should enter a Foxestalk team.

The rules of beach soccer encourage goals. All free-kicks are direct and with a clear shot at goal and defenders aren't allowed to challenge players trying to execute a bicycle kick.

There's a semi later which could be brutal - Kristall (last years champions) v Lokomotiv.

Maradona's son playing for Catania just kicking off

Edited by Isle of Wight Fox

Wedding day for my best mate today, so I'm on best man duty. Getting him into town early doors for breakfast and a close shave, and then the main event starts at 1 p.m. Bricking it a bit over the best man speech, if I'm honest!

Good luck pal :thumbup:

Wedding day for my best mate today, so I'm on best man duty. Getting him into town early doors for breakfast and a close shave, and then the main event starts at 1 p.m. Bricking it a bit over the best man speech, if I'm honest!

Best of luck.

Took the dog and the kids for a nice walk (kids on bikes) along a quiet country lane a couple of villages away from me. The kids really enjoyed themselves, the dog started to listen to me and the local village pub sold hobgoblin gold on tap. The kids were sworn to secrecy and I'll be taken the dog and kids out to give the Mrs 'a break to get her 'studying done' a bit more often. The danger is i'll probably take the Mrs to the pub one evening for a meal and my cover will be blown when I walk in and landlord goes 'is it the usual?'.

• Like 1