Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Took the dog and the kids for a nice walk (kids on bikes) along a quiet country lane a couple of villages away from me. The kids really enjoyed themselves, the dog started to listen to me and the local village pub sold hobgoblin gold on tap. The kids were sworn to secrecy and I'll be taken the dog and kids out to give the Mrs 'a break to get her 'studying done' a bit more often. The danger is i'll probably take the Mrs to the pub one evening for a meal and my cover will be blown when I walk in and landlord goes 'is it the usual?'.

Yeah but until that time comes, you can enter full smug mode.

Took the dog and the kids for a nice walk (kids on bikes) along a quiet country lane a couple of villages away from me. The kids really enjoyed themselves, the dog started to listen to me and the local village pub sold hobgoblin gold on tap. The kids were sworn to secrecy and I'll be taken the dog and kids out to give the Mrs 'a break to get her 'studying done' a bit more often. The danger is i'll probably take the Mrs to the pub one evening for a meal and my cover will be blown when I walk in and landlord goes 'is it the usual?'.

lol Brief the landlord ahead of time - they're good at remembering stuff like that ;)

Last couple of days have been a lot better than the previous couple.

Went down to Royal Infirmary A&E for an ECG on Wednesday, after a bit of heart flutter....and ended up in Glenfield Hospital for 48 hours with ongoing atrial fibrillation (irregular heart rhythm). Back home since Friday tea time.

Now on Warfarin (blood thinner) to avoid stroke/blood clot plus other meds, including one that I have to inject into my own stomach every day..quite a pleasant, warming experience once you get over the little pri ck.  :ph34r:

Hereditary hypertrophic cardiomyopathy + Excess booze + Extreme stress + chest infection = Dodgy ticker

Looks like my boozing career is finally at an end - and stress needs to diminish. If heart isn't back in rhythm within a few weeks, next step is cardioversion (pre-arranged use of defibrillator to try to shock heart back into rhythm).  :unsure:

Feel almost as good as new now, but don't fancy a stroke or following Charlie Kennedy through the early exit door....

Edited by Alf Bentley

Went down to Royal Infirmary A&E for an ECG on Wednesday, after a bit of heart flutter....and ended up in Glenfield Hospital for 48 hours with ongoing atrial fibrillation (irregular heart rhythm). Back home since Friday tea time.

Now on Warfarin (blood thinner) to avoid stroke/blood clot plus other meds, including one that I have to inject into my own stomach every day..quite a pleasant, warming experience once you get over the little pri ck.  :ph34r:

Hereditary hypertrophic cardiomyopathy + Excess booze + Extreme stress + chest infection = Dodgy ticker

Looks like my boozing career is finally at an end - and stress needs to diminish. If heart isn't back in rhythm within a few weeks, next step is cardioversion (pre-arranged use of defibrillator to try to shock heart back into rhythm).  :unsure:

Feel almost as good as new now, but don't fancy a stroke or following Charlie Kennedy through the early exit door....

Look after yourself Alf.
  • Like 2

Got offered a new job today  :pearson:

With accommodation for only £140 a month :)  

Congratulations.

Bet it's a great feeling; after searching for weeks etc for something (if it's not a promotion) and nothing happens which makes leads to depression overtime, and to get this sort of news.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

OK. Finished up going straight to the Kings Head to watch the England game. (Fast forward) Helped  a  mate count out   the Wishes 4 Kids collection bottle. £310 in total. The went to the Slug for a meal.  Rack of ribs. Cost  more than I would  normally pay but it was good. Thats as exciting as it gets for me these days but the thread is entitled  'How Was Your Day'.

OK. Finished up going straight to the Kings Head to watch the England game. (Fast forward) Helped  a  mate count out   the Wishes 4 Kids collection bottle. £310 in total. The went to the Slug for a meal.  Rack of ribs. Cost  more than I would  normally pay but it was good. Thats as exciting as it gets for me these days but the thread is entitled  'How Was Your Day'.

It was burger love

Bloody hell Alf. You don't do things by half do you ?

I hope they're not letting the student nurses anywhere near you. Not good for a dicky heart..

Hope they get you back on track soon.

• Like 1

Haven't you been saying your Dad's been ill down in London lately too? Last thing you need is for you getting ill too!

Hop you get yourself sorted.

• Like 1

Congratulations.

Bet it's a great feeling; after searching for weeks etc for something (if it's not a promotion) and nothing happens which makes leads to depression overtime, and to get this sort of news.

I'm very lucky that i haven't really had a problem with looking for a job.

just sent my C.V to 10 different places (they weren't even advertising jobs)

7 offered me an interview, 3 got back to me saying they're taking people on at the moment but will let me know when they do.

then got to the point where i was choosing where i could work.  

Haven't you been saying your Dad's been ill down in London lately too? Last thing you need is for you getting ill too!

Hop you get yourself sorted.

The situation with my Dad is what has caused a lot of the stress - and been the pretext for the recent boozing (though I have a long history of that, on and off).

I'd been off the booze, partly for health reasons, for 6-7 months to January, even staying off for the period of my Mum's death & funeral. But for the last 5 months I've had to alternate weekends in London with my brother to support my Dad as he gradually declines with old age (90), Parkinson's and mild dementia. It's hard to deal with the disruption at home and the weekends watching his inevitable decline, there alone without my Mum (or anyone else nearby) without indulging in a beverage or six.

I'm not saying that so much to gain sympathy as to justify my own stupidity to myself. With an underlying heart issue, it wasn't the brightest idea to take on a load of stress and a load of booze. That has to end now, though, as I have a wife & daughter to consider - and plenty of selfish stuff that I still want to do. We're on the verge, hopefully, of getting a proper social services support package sorted for my Dad, so that should relieve the pressure.....and if you hear of me boozing at all, tell me off in no uncertain terms. Boozing is a laugh while you can get away with it, but I can't get away with it anymore. I should have stopped earlier, though the hereditary heart issue was only diagnosed about 4 years ago, so my worst ale years were already behind me. 

Thanks for your concern (and that of others). LCFC & daughter have been about the only things that have gone right in the past year....but I plan on bouncing back from this and I'm the sort of stubborn cvnt who might just do so!  :thumbup:

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 2

You know you watch too much shit tv when you recognise Drew from the salvage hunter in the crowd in auction from a 1 second shot in For the love of cars.

I excitedly pointed it out to my mum as well  :(

Got back from Benidorm yesterday absolutely ruined. Awesome weekend consisting of Sticky Vicky (original and the daughter) Sex shows on stage, tittie bars, plenty of Vodka redbulls and jaeger bombs and KFC at 6am. Playing Buffalo with jugs of sangria wasnt the best idea lol .

Made the schoolboy error of not booking monday off from work. Body is aching all over and my calves are sore as f***. Music was really good and no trouble which is always a bonus. Although one lad fell off the speaker and bust his brow open. One of the lads had a photo with Kell Brook aswel.

also saw Matt Elliott at the airport about to go away with his missus, she is a tasty little thing.

All in all a great stag weekend. The stag had to wear one of them single thong things. Fair play to him i wouldnt have had the minerals i havent got anything to fill it lol

Some great memories made which is what its all about

The situation with my Dad is what has caused a lot of the stress - and been the pretext for the recent boozing (though I have a long history of that, on and off).

I'd been off the booze, partly for health reasons, for 6-7 months to January, even staying off for the period of my Mum's death & funeral. But for the last 5 months I've had to alternate weekends in London with my brother to support my Dad as he gradually declines with old age (90), Parkinson's and mild dementia. It's hard to deal with the disruption at home and the weekends watching his inevitable decline, there alone without my Mum (or anyone else nearby) without indulging in a beverage or six.

I'm not saying that so much to gain sympathy as to justify my own stupidity to myself. With an underlying heart issue, it wasn't the brightest idea to take on a load of stress and a load of booze. That has to end now, though, as I have a wife & daughter to consider - and plenty of selfish stuff that I still want to do. We're on the verge, hopefully, of getting a proper social services support package sorted for my Dad, so that should relieve the pressure.....and if you hear of me boozing at all, tell me off in no uncertain terms. Boozing is a laugh while you can get away with it, but I can't get away with it anymore. I should have stopped earlier, though the hereditary heart issue was only diagnosed about 4 years ago, so my worst ale years were already behind me. 

Thanks for your concern (and that of others). LCFC & daughter have been about the only things that have gone right in the past year....but I plan on bouncing back from this and I'm the sort of stubborn cvnt who might just do so!  :thumbup:

Best of luck Alf.
  • Like 1

Having quite an annoying day, this morning a mate asked if I felt like a drink later on, I was a bit unsure purely down to its a monday night but eventually I did yes purely because I haven't seen this mate in a while. As the day has gone on, I've become alot disinterested about the idea. I texted him about half an hour ago to cancel and he hasn't checked his messages, he's suppose to be meeting me at 7.15 aswell.

Also having problems with my XBOX 360, trying to play FIFA 15 but for some reason it won't let me log in...

Edited by Leicesterpool