Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Nearly had a head on crash today.

Driving down Palmerston Way heading towards pork pie island and a car heading towards me comes onto my side of the road for no reason and drives straight at me. I slammed my brakes on and manage to slow right down and he swerves out the way at the last second and goes back into his lane.

Only got a quick glance at him and he looked a young'ish black male, so I don't know whether he had passengers and they were messing about or if he was on his phone and wasn't concentrating.

Shook me up a bit though as I was bracing myself for a crash.

Nearly had a head on crash today.

Driving down Palmerston Way heading towards pork pie island and a car heading towards me comes onto my side of the road for no reason and drives straight at me. I slammed my brakes on and manage to slow right down and he swerves out the way at the last second and goes back into his lane.

Only got a quick glance at him and he looked a young'ish black male, so I don't know whether he had passengers and they were messing about or if he was on his phone and wasn't concentrating.

Shook me up a bit though as I was bracing myself for a crash.

Mate,that hot flush feeling straight after.Glad you're ok,I did laugh at " pork pie " island,now I just want one.

I can't dj those face thingies on my I pad ,I used the ones off the I pad,just random shite like xmas trees,santa,shoes and a dress and it posted a full stop!

Edited by cambridgefox

My 11 year old has started senior school and I'm not just saying it but he is a good lad,cheeky character,talks too much and a bit of a clown,but I would say fairly popular.( Teachers not as keen)

Now he doesn't like people being picked on and twice he has stuck up for mates and ended up punching someone,now ive told him to keep out of it but there are a group of 3 lads that make it their job to go around causing trouble.Last week one of his mates was picked on and after being kicked his mate called them something.The next day seeing my lad on his own asked him what his mate had said.You and I would say" if you want to know ask him yourself" oh no My lad said" He called you" The sports Direct Kids" they gave him a push and kicked him and my lad walked away,I have had reports that 3/4 year 10 students saw this and are willing to testify that my lad didn't start it and walked away.However the next day 2 of the lads started again which resulted in them getting punched in the head on more than one occasion,which resulted in tears and running to the head,ive now had a letter saying he is on the"Exclusion warning Register" now I don't condone him getting handy,but if your going to start something and get belted in self defence I think it's a bit harsh.

One of my customers said his lad had had a bit of grief,guess what,same lads.

Do worry though as they get older things get a bit more serious,one of the lads on the first day when he walked away threatened to stab him with a compass !

My 11 year old has started senior school and I'm not just saying it but he is a good lad,cheeky character,talks too much and a bit of a clown,but I would say fairly popular.( Teachers not as keen)

Now he doesn't like people being picked on and twice he has stuck up for mates and ended up punching someone,now ive told him to keep out of it but there are a group of 3 lads that make it their job to go around causing trouble.Last week one of his mates was picked on and after being kicked his mate called them something.The next day seeing my lad on his own asked him what his mate had said.You and I would say" if you want to know ask him yourself" oh no My lad said" He called you" The sports Direct Kids" they gave him a push and kicked him and my lad walked away,I have had reports that 3/4 year 10 students saw this and are willing to testify that my lad didn't start it and walked away.However the next day 2 of the lads started again which resulted in them getting punched in the head on more than one occasion,which resulted in tears and running to the head,ive now had a letter saying he is on the"Exclusion warning Register" now I don't condone him getting handy,but if your going to start something and get belted in self defence I think it's a bit harsh.

Do worry though as they get older things get a bit more serious,one of the lads on the first day when he walked away threatened to stab him with a compass !

I am probably a bad parent, my daughter (4 years old!) was being hit by a boy in her class, I told her to first tell him no and tell the teacher, then if he does it again, yell louder and tell the teacher again, and if he doesn't stop to punch him back. I don't think she has resorted to violence, but I believe she should be able to defend herself.

I assume you have talked to the school about these lads? I was bullied for a while and I always wished my parents had listened and spoken to the school about it.

I've just had a text from my daughter saying she was asked to meet Ofsted re the schools bullying policies.

Ofsted have now asked her to be the schools student representative for all the primary schools in the area!

This was straight after my previous post!

I am probably a bad parent, my daughter (4 years old!) was being hit by a boy in her class, I told her to first tell him no and tell the teacher, then if he does it again, yell louder and tell the teacher again, and if he doesn't stop to punch him back. I don't think she has resorted to violence, but I believe she should be able to defend herself.

I assume you have talked to the school about these lads? I was bullied for a while and I always wished my parents had listened and spoken to the school about it.

Got to call them later,I really haven't got blinkered vision on this,he is a nice lad,but takes so much and explodes to the point where he doesn't think of the consequences.
  • Like 1

Been with the girlfriend down in London since Sunday morning. Went to SeaLife centre which was decent. got a bit boring towards the end but I got to see crocodiles and penguins in the flesh for the first ever which was cool. Then roamed around that area and Leicester Square in to the evening. 

Yesterday went to see Young Guns at Scala, near Kings Cross. Best gig I've been to in a while.

Go round and sort the lads dad's out.

Guarantee they won't do it again.

To be fair my lad isn't worried and has had 2 of them roaring.

My dad always told me to stick up for myself when I was younger which I did and I never got any trouble throughout school.

My mum on the other hand always used to tell me to walk away from situations and be the bigger man. Which my dad said was rubbish as it looked like a sing of weakness.

As long as your lad is not bullying or starting on people for no reason I see nothing wrong with him sticking up for himself. School can be hard a place specially at that age, but it sounds like your lad can look after himself.

My dad always told me to stick up for myself when I was younger which I did and I never got any trouble throughout school.

My mum on the other hand always used to tell me to walk away from situations and be the bigger man. Which my dad said was rubbish as it looked like a sing of weakness.

As long as your lad is not bullying or starting on people for no reason I see nothing wrong with him sticking up for himself. School can be hard a place specially at that age, but it sounds like your lad can look after himself.

He really doesn't care,he is so laid back and will stick up for his mates when sometimes it's better to keep a low profile.Would be mortified if he was bullying but I know it's not in his nature.

They were probably there  during the winter  too not enjoying the weather but being pissed made up for being cold and homeless.

Or they could just not drink, save the money and pass out on a bed somewhere....

Guest MattP

Just went past London Road; surprised that there's 3 homeless sat down in 3 separate places slouched on the pavement...

If they are near you the best thing to do is ring the non emergency number 101, report them and someone from the police will be along quite shortly to move them along, helps if you make up a bit of stuff as well about them harrassing people if you want it done quickly.