Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest MattP

You don't  need to make anything up. The police are quite capable of doing this themselves.

Not in my experience they aren't, you might be thinking of lawyers.

Guest MattP

I think those people need help and support not being "moved on". Moved on to where? They don't have homes.

Ideally to the nearest shelter place, but if they refuse to go then at least out of sight of people who don't want to deal with them. Certainly not hanging around busy areas pissed up harassing people just trying to go about their nomral day.

Yours Sincerely,

Meldew Lee

Spent all afternoon working on a rush job given to me by my line manager. Did it to my actual manager's specifications, showed the line manager who has decided she wants it to be done differently and her being a big-mouthed twat persuaded the actual manager that her way was better, and hadn't checked the f***king content before giving me the job. Make things worse, I have to liaise with the customer to get them to reword everything before I redo the job. So today was a massive waste of time and tomorrow is already certain to be a thoroughly shit day.

Semi witnessed two motorcylces crashing into a tree on Glenfield Rd today. They asked me to give them a hand untangling them as they, 'had to go now' So I asked which one was nicked and one of them goes, 'that ones nicked this ones ours' So i rang the police lol

The police got there after they'd all done a runner on the two bikes but we followed the tracks across Western Park and found the stolen one in the bushes lol

Just found out one of my aunties has died. 8 months after my mother. Getting old sucks.

Sorry to hear that, Webbo. Most of that generation have gone from my family now. It's a deeply saddening experience.

We should treasure life and those who matter to us, eh?

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that, Webbo. Most of that generation have gone from my family now. It's a deeply saddening experience.

We should treasure life and those who matter to us, eh?

Tbh we weren't that close. She had a stroke as she was getting ready for my mother's funeral last year and has died today. It seems like all the generation above me are slowly fading away. Very sad.

If they are near you the best thing to do is ring the non emergency number 101, report them and someone from the police will be along quite shortly to move them along, helps if you make up a bit of stuff as well about them harrassing people if you want it done quickly.

not necessarily. they may not turn up if there aren't enough officers about. Would they really see moving along homeless people as a priority?

Got a response from an interview I had last week - came across well but they've decided to go for a candidate with a bit more experience. The exact same feedback as for all applications I've heard back from. I hate this catch 22; I'd prefer it now tbh if they came back and ripped me to bits, at least there'd be something I could do to improve myself and give myself a better chance, with the only sticking point being out of my hands I'm stuck throwing out emails about potential work experience and applications until one comes off.

Still, booked in for a RSC networking event next Wednesday, so hopefully I can come away from that with a few connections to solve that problem

Ive read somewhere that companies don't always want to give feedback after interviews because they are worried you could use it against them (on discrimination grounds for not being offered the job).

Whether thats true who knows but i can see them doing that.

Keep on applying eventually something will stick.

Would it be possible that employers could be put off, in general, if somebody had a series of 'temporary' positions on their CV, instead of being at a certain company more long-term?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Ive read somewhere that companies don't always want to give feedback after interviews because they are worried you could use it against them (on discrimination grounds for not being offered the job).

Whether thats true who knows but i can see them doing that.

Keep on applying eventually something will stick.

Ha - given I'm a cis-gender straight white male I'd have a serious problem trying to claim any sort of discrimination, I'd think it's more likely that essentially I'm just not experienced enough. 

Would it be possible that employers could be put off, in general, if somebody had a series of 'temporary' positions on their CV, instead of being at a certain company more long-term?

Possible. You could address that in your covering letter / through the agency you are using by noting that following a period contracting you are keen to join a company where you can develop.

If they are near you the best thing to do is ring the non emergency number 101, report them and someone from the police will be along quite shortly to move them along, helps if you make up a bit of stuff as well about them harrassing people if you want it done quickly.

Sometimes there is no need to move them along

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/rough_sleeper_dies_in_norwich_underpass_this_morning_1_4106082