Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Terrible.

A couple of months ago I paid £270 for a ticket to go to the IOW festival with my then GF and a couple of her mates. I was dumped a few weeks back through no fault of my own. I then tried selling my ticket on the web and tried getting mates to buy a ticket so that I didn't miss out. Unfortunately it's hard work getting people to pay £270 at such short notice so I've had to stay at home with my ticket unsold. The ex-GF has just text me to say that she has sold the ticket there for £50 and she'll transfer me the money over when she gets back. Personally, I think this is as spiteful as it gets, she is a true ostrich and I want a lot more than £50 from her. 

Terrible.

A couple of months ago I paid £270 for a ticket to go to the IOW festival with my then GF and a couple of her mates. I was dumped a few weeks back through no fault of my own. I then tried selling my ticket on the web and tried getting mates to buy a ticket so that I didn't miss out. Unfortunately it's hard work getting people to pay £270 at such short notice so I've had to stay at home with my ticket unsold. The ex-GF has just text me to say that she has sold the ticket there for £50 and she'll transfer me the money over when she gets back. Personally, I think this is as spiteful as it gets, she is a true ostrich and I want a lot more than £50 from her. 

http://www.itv.com/beontv/shows/judge-rinder

Yesterday evening on Guildhall Lane. I was on the other side of the street after a tramp asked a couple for spare change and was rejected, so he shouted across the street to ask me, but I ignored him as I was like 10 yards ahead and on the other side. After I didn't reply he just shouted "you ****ing arsehole", so I said you smell an arsehole mate. So childish but it shut the scruffy bastard up. Then he just casually asked the next woman for some as if nothing happened and she gave it to him! lol

Edited by RonnieTodger

Yesterday evening on Guildhall Lane. I was on the other side of the street after a tramp asked a couple for spare change and was rejected, so he shouted across the street to ask me, but I ignored him as I was like 10 yards ahead and on the other side. After I didn't reply he just shouted "you ****ing arsehole", so I said you smell an arsehole mate. So childish but it shut the scruffy bastard up. Then he just casually asked the next woman for some as if nothing happened and she gave it to him! lol

lol lol lol lol

Ken's not going to be happy. No more massages for you.

When I was on JSA, was doing unpaid work in the city centre, wearing my old sixth form suit and shirt, would always be harassed by tramps begging for money or food. It seemed as I was dressed even slightly smart it was probably assumed I was on a decent wage. Summed up everything I hate about modern Britain really.

Was he definitely speaking to you?

Quite the opposite from yesterday.

Yesterday I was a hedgehog saving hero.

Today I knocked out a bee.

I'm perplexed though, not sure if I'm quite impressed that my punch was fast enough to hit a bee, or that my punch was so weedy that it only stunned a 2cm bee for a few seconds.

Quite the opposite from yesterday.

Yesterday I was a hedgehog saving hero.

Today I knocked out a bee.

I'm perplexed though, not sure if I'm quite impressed that my punch was fast enough to hit a bee, or that my punch was so weedy that it only stunned a 2cm bee for a few seconds.

Mohammed Ali: Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee

Purple Ronnie: Floats like a bee, stings like a hedgehog?  :whistle:

• Like 1

Went to the dentists today. I've not been for years. Only had one cavity. Not bad for dodging the most horrid place in the world ever.

My mouth is killing now though.

I went to the dentist myself today. Just a clean. Now I feel like have holes my teeth. That plaque was holding my teeth together. 

• Like 1

Got a response from an interview I had last week - came across well but they've decided to go for a candidate with a bit more experience. The exact same feedback as for all applications I've heard back from. I hate this catch 22; I'd prefer it now tbh if they came back and ripped me to bits, at least there'd be something I could do to improve myself and give myself a better chance, with the only sticking point being out of my hands I'm stuck throwing out emails about potential work experience and applications until one comes off.

Still, booked in for a RSC networking event next Wednesday, so hopefully I can come away from that with a few connections to solve that problem

If you are worried or would like to find out more, its probably worth giving the interviewer a ring.

My standard response to the unsuccessful candidates was always along the lines of "we had another applicant who better matched our needs" . But i would give honest feedback over the phone if the unsuccessful rang to follow up or ask for more detail.

Been given a month's work by a company (which may be longer).

Even though I'm happy with getting the experience, I'm worried about how to put on CV - as, again, it's only 4 weeks and future employers may question why I've only been there for quite a small period...

Anyone got any advice?