Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Good ish day.

Got stuck talking to an idiot journo at a BBQ tonight. He really annoyed me. He had no idea about the issues in the country, yet talked in absolute confidence about what shite was coming out of his mouth. Suffice to say, he is an American.

Just out of intrest, if you don't mind me asking, what job do you do?

International development, focused on microfinance at the moment.

Can imagine it being very busy for you then...

From what I've heard S. Africa and neighboring countries are currently expanding fast with new businesses (?).

Can imagine it being very busy for you then...

From what I've heard S. Africa and neighboring countries are currently expanding fast with new businesses (?).

The microfinance market is continuing to grow, and the good thing is that local funding is starting to replace international funds. So lots of work to do :)

No, but I know them very very well having previously served on the board of two MFIs that they part own. I currently work for a Dutch social investment fund.

It might be ( sort of ) similar to a missionary organisation my wife and i support.... They are based in Nicaragua... instead of just giving people food and clothing ( which they do as a plan Z) they teach people skills which they can then use... They also run the only school in the area.. all of it with the premise that Education and skills can be a means to fight poverty...

• Like 3

The microfinance market is continuing to grow, and the good thing is that local funding is starting to replace international funds. So lots of work to do :)

But I presume the main issue is the word 'corruption'?...

Sorry to hear that, Stan.

Sorry to hear Stan

Good innings that, I hope you get through a sad time but can take solace in the fact that he lived to a ripe age and most likely had some very good memories and very good people. 

Thanks all. 

Certainly lots of memories to cherish. He's not in pain any more and he's not suffering any more  :closedeyes: