Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I spent the day mostly lying down feeling a bit sorry for myself, after drinking 10 pints at the cricket in Durham yesterday.

Not an iota of sympathy was to be had from Mrs Vac, either.

All better now, though.

Classic.

Thank you. This time it is not me. My keyboard stopped. I shut the browser down and reopened FT. Fixed. To continue.

Found out today that   

a bloke across the road is moving into the ground floor flat that was vacated after the previous occupant drank himself to death The new tenant is OK.Spoken to him a few times.No trouble with noise booze or drugs and has his head screwed on.Even offered to cook some meals for me;I think he can be trusted to keep the nutters away when they come knocking.

The bedsit is still vacant after18 months. Had problems with him. Used to let local dealers in. More than once  I came home and found them snorting on the stairs. He swore blind he never let them in. It was difficult for the police to do anything because he had mental issues a schtizo and liked a can or two. The front door was broken a  few  times. Strangely had no trouble  since he  left. I just hope they find a reasonably normal human being as the next tenant. I have said that the HA should have one house in the street that has tenants that can handle problems in their other properties. Maybe help other tenants who cannot do it themselves. The HA  deals with and lets properties to people that have had past problems be it health or drink/drugs/mental.

How many people do you think have that much inheritance? It will hardly balance the books.

Plus, your parents spend their lives building wealth, paying tax and then the lot gets taxed again. It's just a political tool to make plebs think politicians are listening to them.

Meanwhile it negatively affects middle income families who've tried so hard to improve their lot.

There's enough scope to increase inheritance so that we don't have to victimise the vulnerable. 70%-90% on sums over £500k seems reasonable to me as a ball park figure.

• Like 1

Who knew having 2 kids would be so damn tiring. Rewarding but tiring. Got an interview tomorrow as well and have had 0 time to prep. Its my 3rd and final one with the big cheese and should be brief. I will wing it. Hopefully he doesn't unzip and ask me my salary expectations at the same time.

Went to Kilworth House for some outdoor show, 'Singing in the Rain' (1940's I think).

Go every year and get bored quite easily, but feel like I have to go as Grandparents like it and want family with them; and never know when it'll be the last time we're out together. :(

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Someone else knows about the  march? Do the media know that it happened?

Pleasingly, it did rate a mention here in OZ as well. :)

World Refugee day on Saturday, so spent the day protesting my governments appalling, inhumane and illegal treatment of refugees at the nearby detention centre. on this occasion we were fortunate that the detention centre staff had allowed some of the prisoners (refugees) into the exercise yard, where they could hear our support and perhaps understand that not everyone in Australia is a redneck who hates them.

People who protest are dicks

:)

FPmuVvh.png

There's enough scope to increase inheritance so that we don't have to victimise the vulnerable. 70%-90% on sums over £500k seems reasonable to me as a ball park figure.

That's ridiculous. And how many people do you think receive that much? It's not going to balance the books.

Today is the day! Will be leaving out for the Royal in a minute for my girlfriend to be induced!

Hopefully it's straightforward and we can get her home today or tomorrow. Feelingmmassively underprepared now even though I'm sure we've covered everything. Will keep you posted

• Like 2

Today is the day! Will be leaving out for the Royal in a minute for my girlfriend to be induced!

Hopefully it's straightforward and we can get her home today or tomorrow. Feelingmmassively underprepared now even though I'm sure we've covered everything. Will keep you posted

Good luck. :D  If it is a boy, Steven is a great name.  :thumbup:

Good luck. :D If it is a boy, Steven is a great name. :thumbup:

Cheers. Haha no it's a girl and I'd already been told by a few on here that if it was a boy Esteban would have to be the name

It's due date today, nothing as yet so I am getting ready for work. Ugh

Hope it's soon mate

That's ridiculous. And how many people do you think receive that much? It's not going to balance the books.

It's not ridiculous, nobody needs even £500k inheritance never mind more than that. If I was to be perfectly honest I'd prefer to limit inheritance to something in the order of £50k and tax the rest. But I appreciate that would make some people angry as they're looking forward to reaping the reward of somebody else's financial success. So this way people can still be given plenty of money they did nothing to earn, but society also benefits to a greater degree.

It'll bring in enough so that vulnerable people don't have to be victimised.