Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

It's due date today, nothing as yet so I am getting ready for work. Ugh

Today is the day! Will be leaving out for the Royal in a minute for my girlfriend to be induced!

Hopefully it's straightforward and we can get her home today or tomorrow. Feelingmmassively underprepared now even though I'm sure we've covered everything. Will keep you posted

Good luck to both. We should have put this in The betting thread last week,but it looks like Syston will be first past the post.

Cheers. Haha no it's a girl and I'd already been told by a few on here that if it was a boy Esteban would have to be the name

Hope it's soon mate

Have you thought of any girls names yet? Nothing can prepare you for a child as its all about how you handle it mentally. You can buy all the things and get the room ready but its all about how you handle it in your mind. The lack of a straight sleep can affect the strongest individual. Is your other half breast or bottle feeding? This is a massive decision as obviously you aren't needed for feeding when breast fed.

Couple of suggestions that i would advise.

If she is breast feeding then dont take this as a way of you staying asleep whilst the other half is up in the night feeding. You can always help change babies nappy and bring her wind up. Remember your missus will always be shattered. Even if you go to work you should still help out in the night.

I generally found when both my kids were babies and crying they were either hungry,needed changing or had wind. Most of the time it was wind. Its crucial to bring the wind up, if youre struggling change the baby position all the time or lay her down then bring her upto sitting position to move the trapped wind around. You bring the wind up your baby will sleep fine. I cant stress enough how important it is to bring wind up. After one burp dont stop, carry on for another few minutes you might just get that extra little burp out which can ultimately be the difference between 1 hour sleep and 2-3 hours sleep.

Another biggie for me is routine. So many people say routine is crucial. I say bollocks. When your baby is hungry. Feed her. If you start off feeding every 3 hours thats great but if shes asleep when the 3 hour mark comes around LEAVE HER TO SLEEP. I see so many friends wake there baby up when its the 3 hour mark. BAD IDEA. Ultimately this leaves your baby cranky and you will be in for a long night. I know people that dont feed there baby until 3 hours is up. You should feed the baby as much as it wants when it wants it. In my experience this leads to a much happier baby.

Both my kids woke up every 3 hours so i got some half decent sleep in the night. Still managed to get 6 hours sleep (broken sleep but still a good amount) Both my kids would wake up, feed, change, wind up and back in bed fast asleep within 30 minutes. Easy Peasy.That was bottle feeding which i would highly recommend. If you do bottle feed i would suggest a bottle warmer and a mini fridge for your room. This way you never have to leave the bedroom to sort your baby out. Going up and down stairs can be a chore so make your life as easy as possible.

Sorry to everyone for the long post. Once you start typing you can just go on and on when it comes to fatherhood. Hope others can agree with my points.

The main thing Foxfanazer and all the other new dads is to enjoy EVERY MINUTE. Before you know it they will be toddlers and then at school. My daughter is 8 now and an absolute star. Growing up way too quick.

Edited by kingcarr21
  • Like 2

Have you thought of any girls names yet? Nothing can prepare you for a child as its all about how you handle it mentally. You can buy all the things and get the room ready but its all about how you handle it in your mind. The lack of a straight sleep can affect the strongest individual. Is your other half breast or bottle feeding? This is a massive decision as obviously you aren't needed for feeding when breast fed.

Couple of suggestions that i would advise.

If she is breast feeding then dont take this as a way of you staying asleep whilst the other half is up in the night feeding. You can always help change babies nappy and bring her wind up. Remember your missus will always be shattered. Even if you go to work you should still help out in the night.

I generally found when both my kids were babies and crying they were either hungry,needed changing or had wind. Most of the time it was wind. Its crucial to bring the wind up, if youre struggling change the baby position all the time or lay her down then bring her upto sitting position to move the trapped wind around. You bring the wind up your baby will sleep fine. I cant stress enough how important it is to bring wind up. After one burp dont stop, carry on for another few minutes you might just get that extra little burp out which can ultimately be the difference between 1 hour sleep and 2-3 hours sleep.

Another biggie for me is routine. So many people say routine is crucial. I say bollocks. When your baby is hungry. Feed her. If you start off feeding every 3 hours thats great but if shes asleep when the 3 hour mark comes around LEAVE HER TO SLEEP. I see so many friends wake there baby up when its the 3 hour mark. BAD IDEA. Ultimately this leaves your baby cranky and you will be in for a long night. I know people that dont feed there baby until 3 hours is up. You should feed the baby as much as it wants when it wants it. In my experience this leads to a much happier baby.

Both my kids woke up every 3 hours so i got some half decent sleep in the night. Still managed to get 6 hours sleep (broken sleep but still a good amount) Both my kids would wake up, feed, change, wind up and back in bed fast asleep within 30 minutes. Easy Peasy.That was bottle feeding which i would highly recommend. If you do bottle feed i would suggest a bottle warmer and a mini fridge for your room. This way you never have to leave the bedroom to sort your baby out. Going up and down stairs can be a chore so make your life as easy as possible.

Sorry to everyone for the long post. Once you start typing you can just go on and on when it comes to fatherhood. Hope others can agree with my points.

The main thing Foxfanazer and all the other new dads is to enjoy EVERY MINUTE. Before you know it they will be toddlers and then at school. My daughter is 8 now and an absolute star. Growing up way too quick.

Wow great post! Thanks for that.

Yeah we have agreed on Aiva. Little bit unusual but we like it. My partner will be breastfeeding but I'll take on board what you said about getting up with her and helping

It's not ridiculous, nobody needs even £500k inheritance never mind more than that. If I was to be perfectly honest I'd prefer to limit inheritance to something in the order of £50k and tax the rest. But I appreciate that would make some people angry as they're looking forward to reaping the reward of somebody else's financial success. So this way people can still be given plenty of money they did nothing to earn, but society also benefits to a greater degree.

It'll bring in enough so that vulnerable people don't have to be victimised.

My mum grew up in a council house,nothing wrong with that but my grandad decided to better himself,which I believe everyone can do if they want.He started up a small garage which then became the largest Volvo garage in the country.The amount of Tax he has paid over the years should have been enough gor others.my mum had to make a lot of sacrifices as a teenager helping out.Why after all of that Tax and hardwork by all parties should that be given to someone else.You want it ,you earn it.Do you think that someone not even connected to the family should benefit?

My mum doesn't need that money because my dad worked his way up to Director of Transport for the council after also coming from nothing,and you know what council pensions were like in those days.She still pays higher rate tax on his pension after he has died,but that's not the point imo.

• Like 1

Wow great post! Thanks for that.

Yeah we have agreed on Aiva. Little bit unusual but we like it. My partner will be breastfeeding but I'll take on board what you said about getting up with her and helping

Thats a great name. Im all for going for the different name. My daughter is Ella-Rose. Slightly different.

My wife breastfed to start with but moved onto bottle after 6 days as Ella started to draw blood. You can buy some ready made milk formula in small cartons. I would suggest buying just a couple and keep in the fridge just in case its a sunday night and your missus can no longer breastfeed and you have to spend an hour finding somewhere open that sells it (as you can tell thats what happened to me) There cheap so its worth buying just to be sure. The first bottle Ella had she slept for 14 hours :blink: . She woke up happy as anything.

For my son we breast fed in hospital then bottle fed as soon as we got home. For me bottle is the way forward. I applaud any woman who breastfeeds for a long time. That is a tough gig.

Thats a great name. Im all for going for the different name. My daughter is Ella-Rose. Slightly different.

My wife breastfed to start with but moved onto bottle after 6 days as Ella started to draw blood. You can buy some ready made milk formula in small cartons. I would suggest buying just a couple and keep in the fridge just in case its a sunday night and your missus can no longer breastfeed and you have to spend an hour finding somewhere open that sells it (as you can tell thats what happened to me) There cheap so its worth buying just to be sure. The first bottle Ella had she slept for 14 hours :blink: . She woke up happy as anything.

For my son we breast fed in hospital then bottle fed as soon as we got home. For me bottle is the way forward. I applaud any woman who breastfeeds for a long time. That is a tough gig.

it is,but made the night time feeds a doddle for me on a selfish point of view.Long time ago now one 15 and one 11, but seems like yesterday.

My wife breastfed to start with but moved onto bottle after 6 days as Ella started to draw blood. You can buy some ready made milk formula in small cartons. I would suggest buying just a couple and keep in the fridge just in case its a sunday night and your missus can no longer breastfeed and you have to spend an hour finding somewhere open that sells it (as you can tell thats what happened to me) There cheap so its worth buying just to be sure. The first bottle Ella had she slept for 14 hours :blink: . She woke up happy as anything.

Ah thats a nice name too. She's going to be Aiva Grace but we're unsure whether to have it as a double barreled first name or just her middle name.

14 hours! lol that's insane

Honestly mate you're advice is greatly appreciated. How old were you when you had your first?

it is,but made the night time feeds a doddle for me on a selfish point of view.Long time ago now one 15 and one 11, but seems like yesterday.

Im dreading my daughter getting to that sort of age. Shes already a little madam i hate to think what she will be like when shes a teen and hormones are all over the place.

Ah thats a nice name too. She's going to be Aiva Grace but we're unsure whether to have it as a double barreled first name or just her middle name.

14 hours! lol that's insane

Honestly mate you're advice is greatly appreciated. How old were you when you had your first?

Ella was born a month before my 21st birthday. You could have it double barrelled it would certainly work. My daughter is double barrelled so we then decided not to have a middle name.

I say have it double barrelled. Its original. I would be amazed if she met anyone else with the same name. Makes her even more unique :thumbup: . PM me if you have any concerns. Im not proclaiming to be an expert in childcare or anything but from one dad to another (and Leicester fan) I may be able to help with my own experiences.

Ella was born a month before my 21st birthday. You could have it double barrelled it would certainly work. My daughter is double barrelled so we then decided not to have a middle name.

I say have it double barrelled. Its original. I would be amazed if she met anyone else with the same name. Makes her even more unique :thumbup: . PM me if you have any concerns. Im not proclaiming to be an expert in childcare or anything but from one dad to another (and Leicester fan) I may be able to help with my own experiences.

Brilliant. You may regret that offer lol

My mum grew up in a council house,nothing wrong with that but my grandad decided to better himself,which I believe everyone can do if they want.He started up a small garage which then became the largest Volvo garage in the country.The amount of Tax he has paid over the years should have been enough gor others.my mum had to make a lot of sacrifices as a teenager helping out.Why after all of that Tax and hardwork by all parties should that be given to someone else.You want it ,you earn it.Do you think that someone not even connected to the family should benefit?

My mum doesn't need that money because my dad worked his way up to Director of Transport for the council after also coming from nothing,and you know what council pensions were like in those days.She still pays higher rate tax on his pension after he has died,but that's not the point imo.

None of that could have happened without a functioning society. We all benefit from society in one way or another. The money would be used to keep that going instead of being horded by people who have no need for it.

Businesses could be passed down, so you could still benefit from having an established business to run, you'd just have to work to make your own money out of it.

None of that could have happened without a functioning society. We all benefit from society in one way or another. The money would be used to keep that going instead of being horded by people who have no need for it.

Businesses could be passed down, so you could still benefit from having an established business to run, you'd just have to work to make your own money out of it.

Dont get me wrong it's not silly money we are talking about here,just a very comfortable lifestyle.My grandad died earlier in the year 93 and my nan is still about and very mobile.Weekly food shopping bill £130 + !

Today is the day! Will be leaving out for the Royal in a minute for my girlfriend to be induced!

Hopefully it's straightforward and we can get her home today or tomorrow. Feelingmmassively underprepared now even though I'm sure we've covered everything. Will keep you posted

Hope all goes well for your partner and new born girl. Wishing you all the best

It's not ridiculous, nobody needs even £500k inheritance never mind more than that. If I was to be perfectly honest I'd prefer to limit inheritance to something in the order of £50k and tax the rest. But I appreciate that would make some people angry as they're looking forward to reaping the reward of somebody else's financial success. So this way people can still be given plenty of money they did nothing to earn, but society also benefits to a greater degree.

It'll bring in enough so that vulnerable people don't have to be victimised.

Of course it is ridiculous. The point of me working hard is not necessarily so that I have a good life but so I can ensure my kids have all the opportunities I can give them. And such taxes would mean I'd just transfer any assets throughout my life anyway.

I dont know your situation but 50k is not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things.

Also, if you think the income from this would prevent the vulnerable from being victimised then a. The funds would have to be ringfenced (they wouldn't be) and b. It's a small amount of income compared to what is spent already on that issue.

• Like 1