Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Its pissing it down in Orlando atm. Had a good day at Universal Studios before it started though. One of the Harry Potter rides made me feel sick though. Out to Chilis in a bit for tea.

Congrats Foxfanazer. Hope your other half is ok and you get home sooner rather than later. Dont be afraid to tell people who want to visit to say no and to give it a few days. Your rest is important. Leave the housework and just sleep whenever you can 

• Like 1

Just an addition to my Real Food Project post. At the meeting I attended supermarketsand their end of day foodwaste was discussed. Apparently one of the big ones withdrew from contributing because they had bad feed back from customers. Another reason  why the big ones are difficult to approach is that there are so many more people you have to pass in order to get approval. A small place it would be the owner or manager, a big chain someone at head office.

They do get stuff off the market though. They just get the ones that dump the stuff to put it to one side. There is hell of a lot of waste from the market. Yesterday some people brought in used cans beans etc  to be recycled and decorated for use as table numbers at the next cafe day next saturday.

My life just seems to be getting back on track then bam! Something else happens!

I've just been dismissed from my job (I know I hated it but it paid the bills at the end of the day)

Had enough of this now!

Fingers crossed you'll get something else fixed up soon.

Certainly not easy getting anything, despite some saying it's ''easy to get a job nowadays''.

Shit happens.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

My life just seems to be getting back on track then bam! Something else happens!

I've just been dismissed from my job (I know I hated it but it paid the bills at the end of the day)

Had enough of this now!

Dismissed as in sacked, or made redundant? At least with the latter you might have some redundancy pay to tide you over for a bit.

Anyway, either way it's shit and I hope you get something soon.

I have 10 plus years experience in IT and i havent found a job in a year almost. Been on interviews but clearly they have alot of candidates to chose from. Never been off work this long it sucks. Just gotta keep head up and network like crazy.

Luckily i was made redundant at my last job so i got a nice severance package. Ive been able to spend the year with my son who needs some help with walking. He is a tippy toe walker but its quite bad. We got custom orthosis devices to help him but its a pain to get him to keep them on. So been great ive been home. And we just had a baby 3 months ago so enjoying time with her.

Been getting quite a bit of calls lately so lets hop somethig sticks. Keeep ya heads up.

And foxfanazer enjoy it. It goes by fast!

Cheers Stan.

Sorry to hear about your granddad mate, hope it was a good send off

No problem. Is there a name (I haven't read through all the posts so sorry if you've already said!) Is there a female version of Esteban you could use?

Thanks, it was :).

I have 10 plus years experience in IT and i havent found a job in a year almost. Been on interviews but clearly they have alot of candidates to chose from. Never been off work this long it sucks. Just gotta keep head up and network like crazy.

Luckily i was made redundant at my last job so i got a nice severance package. Ive been able to spend the year with my son who needs some help with walking. He is a tippy toe walker but its quite bad. We got custom orthosis devices to help him but its a pain to get him to keep them on. So been great ive been home. And we just had a baby 3 months ago so enjoying time with her.

Been getting quite a bit of calls lately so lets hop somethig sticks. Keeep ya heads up.

And foxfanazer enjoy it. It goes by fast!

Will do mate

I was born a toe walker, had to have a few operations to tighten or loosen (can't remember which) my tendons. Nicknamed twinkle toes at school lol

I was rapid on the football pitch though :)

Hope you find work soon but it's good you've spent important time with your kids

No problem. Is there a name (I haven't read through all the posts so sorry if you've already said!) Is there a female version of Esteban you could use?

Thanks, it was :).

Aiva Grace

Grace is just the middle name. Had to ditch the Esteban idea, he's just not committing lol

Will do mate

I was born a toe walker, had to have a few operations to tighten or loosen (can't remember which) my tendons. Nicknamed twinkle toes at school lol

I was rapid on the football pitch though :)

Hope you find work soon but it's good you've spent important time with your kids

lol twinkle toes. Yes im sure he will have a nick name or two unless we fix it by then. One of his calf muscles (in both legs) is super tight. Chances are the surgery was to loosen the muscle. We want to avoid that so its good we have attacked the issue at a young age instead of waiting until he was 6 or 7. Surgery may be inevitable though because every doctor or physio we've seen say he is the most extreme case they have ever seen. Edited by Jattdogg