Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Last night but I'll still count it. Never placed in the poker last night. Could not really get going and made some bad plays one which saw my brother knock me out in a 3 way all in Player one AK Brother QQ me AQ. I could have  afforded to fold as I had not committed too much.

Still My brother was the eventual winner so after me winning last season it was at least kept in the family.

Edited by Rincewind

Great until I ****ing logged on here.

Took my gran into hospital to have a hip replacement op this morning. She's 93 so I was very very worried, felt sick yesterday evening, it was horrible. Luckily she had a spinal epidural instead of general anaesthetic.

Spent a nice afternoon in Harborough with my mum taking our minds off things before finding out my gran had come out the other side and everything looked rosy.

Got a call shortly after to tell me I'd been offered the job I only applied for last week (what the **** was Lamby doing with his life?).

Went to visit my Gran and she's looking perky which I'm absolutely chuffed about. Capped it off with a BBQ with my mum in this lovely weather.

Shame about Nige.

Will be in there  a week tomorrow (8th July) Have an invite to a friends book launch, a fellow poet.Will be in that area on Friday when TRJFP moves to the West End Community centre and in the same place is the launch of InDNO and BBQ invite tomorrow.

I was able to bring home mother and son yesterday lunchtime. Good first day at home with an ok night. Went bed at 23:00, woke at 00:30 to change and feed him. Wife is struggling with the breastfeeding but the midwife is coming today so hopefully we can rectify it pretty sharpish.

Absolutely loving the little man at the moment, he's very well behaved

I was able to bring home mother and son yesterday lunchtime. Good first day at home with an ok night. Went bed at 23:00, woke at 00:30 to change and feed him. Wife is struggling with the breastfeeding but the midwife is coming today so hopefully we can rectify it pretty sharpish.

Awesome.

Im going to give you some very sound advice. Don't hesitate to put your son on the bottle if your partner is struggling. The midwife will try and convince you both to stick with breastfeeding but quite simply if she is struggling then your son is not getting the nourishment he needs. I strongly advise to go out now and buy some formula ready to use. Just buy a couple of the small cartons with the formula pre made so you have some ready if you decide to bottle feed. Then you can just buy the powder and make it yourself afterwards. How often did your son wake up?

Have you seen you can buy those little devices which I get basically extract the milk from your wife and bottle it? So you can bottle feed but keep the nutrition and benefits of breastfeeding? Might be worth considering.

Have you seen you can buy those little devices which I get basically extract the milk from your wife and bottle it? So you can bottle feed but keep the nutrition and benefits of breastfeeding? Might be worth considering.

Breast pump. Certainly worth a thought.

Breast pump. Certainly worth a thought.

Agree with this.

Look for a "medela" electric pump. Very reliable and easy to use and clean. The manual ones are good too, but not as easy. With my wife working for a US company, where maternity leave is very limited, we relied on being able to pump and store milk. 

Awesome.

Im going to give you some very sound advice. Don't hesitate to put your son on the bottle if your partner is struggling. The midwife will try and convince you both to stick with breastfeeding but quite simply if she is struggling then your son is not getting the nourishment he needs. I strongly advise to go out now and buy some formula ready to use. Just buy a couple of the small cartons with the formula pre made so you have some ready if you decide to bottle feed. Then you can just buy the powder and make it yourself afterwards. How often did your son wake up?

Don't worry I've considered nipping shop to get some formula as a backup. Let's see how the next feed goes.

He woke at 00:30, 5am and 7am.

We have a breast pump. Can that be used after two days old?! I was under the impression it wouldn't work properly just yet....

Edited by SystonFox

Don't worry I've considered nipping shop to get some formula as a backup. Let's see how the next feed goes.

He woke at 00:30, 5am and 7am.

We have a breast pump. Can that be used after two days old?! I was under the impression it wouldn't work properly just yet....

I have no idea we never used one so cant help you with that. Didnt sleep too bad then but that short sleep between 5 and 7 suggests maybe not enough food or had wind. Every child is different though so im only speculating. If you can get say 5 hours of broken sleep a night then thats pretty good.

Definately go shop and prepare. makes life alot easier knowing an alternative is there. :thumbup:

I have no idea we never used one so cant help you with that. Didnt sleep too bad then but that short sleep between 5 and 7 suggests maybe not enough food or had wind. Every child is different though so im only speculating. If you can get say 5 hours of broken sleep a night then thats pretty good.

Definately go shop and prepare. makes life alot easier knowing an alternative is there. :thumbup:

Damn right, not like me who went wondering around Tesco at circa 3am in shorts and a t-shirt (it was October) looking for baby milk as the nipper was too lazy to latch (3 days) & wouldn't bloody settle.

Damn right, not like me who went wondering around Tesco at circa 3am in shorts and a t-shirt (it was October) looking for baby milk as the nipper was too lazy to latch (3 days) & wouldn't bloody settle.

Similar thing happened to me. Was about 11pm and the wife started to bleed so couldnt breast feed. It was a sunday night so everywhere was closed so i was driving around thinking where would be open. Luckily the Tesco petrol station at beaumont leys was still open and had the small cartons of formula. Daughter slept for 14 hours after drinking the formula. She was 6 days old.

So we both agree that its a very good idea to have formula prepared if and when your baby does go onto the bottle Systonfox. You never know it could be the middle of the night and you have to go out and try to find some.