Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

With my son (2.5 now) we had issues in the first 3 days latching. Alot of people get put off and freak out if the baby isnt latching and jump to bottle and throw their hands up.

Most of the time you will find its a technique issur that can be fixed with guidance and sheer persistence. Our little guy didnt starve but eventually got the hang of it. We did have a medella automatic double breat pump which we used within the first few days of birth. It helped him get breast milk while at the same time getting him to latch. To be honest it took him a good two weeks befote he really started to get the hang of latching. A lot of sleepless nights.

With our second child (3.5 months now) the wife had same inital issues but from experience she figured out much sooner.

My advice is to pump. You have to keep up wth it though to keep the supply going. If your wifes breasts get full or rock hard and the little one wont latch then pump it out and bottlefeed. Hard boobies can hurt and is not good if left for some time.

Always good to have formula around as a backup. Here in canada the powder similac brand is cheap. The premade concentrate stuff is expensive. Id keep powder on hand.

Also not sure about england but they have breast feeding clinics in the hospital so if things arent going great you take your little one in and they help out. Midwifes same thing so good that you got one coming by.

Goodluck!

Edited by Jattdogg

Agree with this.

Look for a "medela" electric pump. Very reliable and easy to use and clean. The manual ones are good too, but not as easy. With my wife working for a US company, where maternity leave is very limited, we relied on being able to pump and store milk. 

This map sums it up!

17coontz2-map-popup.png

• Like 1

Good day round the pool reading some of the posts on the main forum.

Particularly found the poster who said he burst into tears when he found NP had been sacked. Imagine seeing a grown man crying because someone has left a football club lol

I was in the western yesterday when the news came through on my phone, word soon got round the pub and one guy did infact burst into tears lol

Also job interview next Wednesday

Edited by Tincy

I was in the western yesterday when the news came through on my phone, word soon got round the pub and one guy did infact burst into tears lol

Also job interview next Wednesday

Well done.

What for?

Spent the afternoon with my nieces and nephew, they have more energy than any other humans on the planet, in this heat I reckon I lost half a stone, I'm already skinny, soon my stomach will be concave.

Might have to invest in some shorts and a T Shirt.

Nah.

Edited by purpleronnie

Good day round the pool reading some of the posts on the main forum.

Particularly found the poster who said he burst into tears when he found NP had been sacked. Imagine seeing a grown man crying because someone has left a football club lol

I cried the first time.

I quite enjoyed Stan The Man Playaz Twitter tirade last night with the famous "Chris Whiting". Hilarious reading. Stan was in the right, as ever! Top lad

Jus had a quick look through that. What an idiot Whiting is, not that we didn't know that anyway.

£300 in repairs to get my 1999 micra through MOT. currently have a curtosey car of a 1997 black ford fiesta with rust over the wheel arches, the engine light on and a broken fuel dial. 

ive had better first days back at work i must admit. 

I quite enjoyed Stan The Man Playaz Twitter tirade last night with the famous "Chris Whiting". Hilarious reading. Stan was in the right, as ever! Top lad

What was said I seem to be blocked by both of them on Twitter. Stan I know why but that Chris whiting blocking me I don't know why. I've never even heard of him until now.