Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Had an interview for a promotion today. I felt prepared going in with the new boss who I don't really know. But then it felt like he ripped me apart though without getting out of first gear. Fair play to him, but I'm not feeling good about it at all. Find out Monday.

Went to the funeral of a former colleague this morning. It was a lovely service, and as they took him out at the end, they played our post horn gallop. He was a lifelong city fan, and I thought it was a lovely, genius touch  :blush:

• Like 1

Had an interview for a promotion today. I felt prepared going in with the new boss who I don't really know. But then it felt like he ripped me apart though without getting out of first gear. Fair play to him, but I'm not feeling good about it at all. Find out Monday.

Went to the funeral of a former colleague this morning. It was a lovely service, and as they took him out at the end, they played our post horn gallop. He was a lifelong city fan, and I thought it was a lovely, genius touch  :blush:

Sniper?

Sorry... :ph34r:

Today I have responded, solo, on blues and two's, to (all category A, requiring an 8 minute response):

A boy with a cut lip. Cold flannel stopped the bleeding, left at home.

A man with a cut leg. Simple dressing. Left at home

A woman who had stopped choking. Nothing to see here.

And... from Jnc 19 on the M1 all the way to NPE to a man with diahorrea. Says it all, really.

No wonder the NHS is under such pressure.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 3

So I bought a new car a little while back that was owned by a chain-smoker and it reeks. A guy at work suggested that when he'd quit smoking, a steam cleaner did a good job cleaning the carpets. So I go to do that, but accidentally put it on max power instead of minimum and the second it touches it melts a giant blob of carpet in a really obvious place behind the seats and it'll cost £300 to replace the carpet because it's all one massive piece. :(

So I bought a new car a little while back that was owned by a chain-smoker and it reeks. A guy at work suggested that when he'd quit smoking, a steam cleaner did a good job cleaning the carpets. So I go to do that, but accidentally put it on max power instead of minimum and the second it touches it melts a giant blob of carpet in a really obvious place behind the seats and it'll cost £300 to replace the carpet because it's all one massive piece. :(

Car mats? :dunno: 

If you can take a small piece from somewhere that can't be seen like under the seat or boot, I think someone who fits carpets can repair it. They cut out the damaged area and patch it using carpet tape.

Alternatively a car wrecking place may have a replacement that's in reasonable shape. If it needs cleaning give someone else the job :)

Edited by Smudge

I've only gone and got a new armchair and footstool. Living it up in luxury. Never been so comfy sat here. It's a recliner with a downward sloping separate footstool and wait for it ..... the whole lot's only made out of cream leather and posh legs.

Like I said, living it up in luxury like a chief. Just gonna recline for a minute don't get jealous.

• Like 2

I've only gone and got a new armchair and footstool. Living it up in luxury. Never been so comfy sat here. It's a recliner with a downward sloping separate footstool and wait for it ..... the whole lot's only made out of cream leather and posh legs.

Like I said, living it up in luxury like a chief. Just gonna recline for a minute don't get jealous.

I'm playing it down by imagining it's actually like this clip, but really I am super jealous.

Waking up throughout the night with little man isn't the hardest job ever it's trying to get him back off to sleep at 5am that's difficult. Took him down the a46 to Anstey and back, quiet as a mouse in the car so I think he's asleep. When I get him out of the car he is wide awake eyes full on open.

Got one of those tired headaches now!

Going to the in laws for lunch with Seb and Wifey

Decent day on the CAMRA trip. Started off in Shearsby where the pub had a beer fest. Also visited Langton brewery and another fest and the Beerhouse in Mrkt Harborough. In beer gardens in the sun most of the day. I was shattered. Still managed to go in the Kings Head when we got back just after ten and watched the rest of the football.

I'm trying to debate whether to move out of a house I hate and buy a brand new build which I can just about afford.

Or wait til next year when I'll be able to buy another mediocre house using the equity from this place as a deposit, and either rent one out or become basically a part time property developer.

Waking up throughout the night with little man isn't the hardest job ever it's trying to get him back off to sleep at 5am that's difficult. Took him down the a46 to Anstey and back, quiet as a mouse in the car so I think he's asleep. When I get him out of the car he is wide awake eyes full on open.

Got one of those tired headaches now!

Going to the in laws for lunch with Seb and Wifey

It is hard when its constant for months on end lol.

Its tough no matter what. You wil find what works for you and the little one.

When my wife was pregnant with our first child i used to hum "strangers in the night" to him.

When he was born and would cry the s3cond i started to hum that tune he would calm down and fall asleep.

It was so crazy that i had to record my voice singing it for my wife so that when i was at work she could play it and he would sleep.

At almost 2.5 he is still comforted by it.

• Like 2

I'm about to move out of my student flat, and in a cupboard I found an old record player. I fancy it, and it's mentioned nowhere in the inventory, could I just take it? No doubt if I mention to the landlord he'll likely claim it regardless