Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I'm about to move out of my student flat, and in a cupboard I found an old record player. I fancy it, and it's mentioned nowhere in the inventory, could I just take it? No doubt if I mention to the landlord he'll likely claim it regardless

you take it,plug it in and open the lid only to find a record in it.

http://youtu.be/T07ZH9Lbdqo

Edited by cambridgefox

Probably but would they have not missed it by now if bothered about it. How long have you been there? I would have gone through all he cipboards in the first week. If it belongs to the landlord why does he keep it there where students are going to be living?

Just discovered a dead bird behind a box in a spare bedroom. Fairly sure it's been there since Wednesday... yes, in this heat. Starting to smell. :sick:>_<

Been checking bus times for when I go away in August. There are buses from the station in York to Huby but only once a day and there are only early ones from the next stop so will have to catch it outside the theatre. I get in York at 12.40 and have about a ten minute walk. So I can catch  a 13.05 or 14.05. Anyone from York name a decent (reasonably priced) pub near the theatre Royal if  I have to wait. Coming back I'll be OK there is a bus going to the station and  gives me time to spare.

Just got back from an hours bike ride. Rode through Bradgate park and I saw not one soul. Fantastic. Deers prancing around all over the shop.

Sets me up nicely for the day. Need to go shopping at some point and may treat myself to a new pair of footy boots for pre season. Copa Mundials or Puma Kings me thinks

• Like 1

Just got back from an hours bike ride. Rode through Bradgate park and I saw not one soul. Fantastic. Deers prancing around all over the shop.

Sets me up nicely for the day. Need to go shopping at some point and may treat myself to a new pair of footy boots for pre season. Copa Mundials or Puma Kings me thinks

i like an early morning bike ride with no one about,I also like going into Cambridge at weekends early when it's just the shop workers walking about,when they do open its hassle free and done in no time.

i like an early morning bike ride with no one about,I also like going into Cambridge at weekends early when it's just the shop workers walking about,when they do open its hassle free and done in no time.

Fantastic morning for it today. A little breezy but an average speed of 15.4mph over 58 minutes with 600ft of climbing.

Only issue is now I can't get back sleep cos I am so awake and I know I should get back sleep or laddo will make me tired later today

Fantastic morning for it today. A little breezy but an average speed of 15.4mph over 58 minutes with 600ft of climbing.

Only issue is now I can't get back sleep cos I am so awake and I know I should get back sleep or laddo will make me tired later today

two parts I might struggle with.15.4mph and being in the fens 600ft of climbing!

Great birthday day out :D Spent all Saturday at Thornbridge beer festival near Bakewell in the Peaks. Gorgeous weather all day, load of sunburnt mates and good beer, love Yorkshire in the summer!

Capped it off with a big yard party at one of the warehouses in Sheffield, great music and the weather stayed warm til the early hours. Perfect day.

Didn't know I had Amazon Prime until a few weeks ago when I checked why bank balance had gone low quite considerably.

Never used Amazon since, and don't think I will again; stealing money without informing users what they took money for.

Didn't know I had Amazon Prime until a few weeks ago when I checked why bank balance had gone low quite considerably.

Never used Amazon since, and don't think I will again; stealing money without informing users what they took money for.

They took the money for something you agreed to let them take money for. The fact you forgot you agreed to it isn't Amazons fault it's yours.

• Like 3

They took the money for something you agreed to let them take money for. The fact you forgot you agreed to it isn't Amazons fault it's yours.

I was offered a 30-day free trial (when it was first known), which I accepted; but after a month or so realised they started to take money out of account.

Didn't know I was still on their 'trail books', as I thought after the trial had expired I'd not be on it anymore.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

just cancelled mine in the nick of time. thanks

• Like 1

I was offered a 30-day free trial (when it was first known), which I accepted; but after a month or so realised they started to take money out of account.

Didn't know I was still on their 'trail books', as I thought after the trial had expired I'd not be on it anymore.

So, after the trial expired they moved you onto the paid version as it said in the terms and conditions, and in the signup section. You not reading through the trial details isn't Amazons fault.

Cancelled Amazon Prime trial in the nick of time. Completely forgot about it but luckily saved £79  :nigel:

I keep getting emails saying I  am not taking advantage. I thought my trial had ended. Not had any noticification about paying for it.

• Like 1

It's standard with a lot of these free trails these days, and tbf isn't even in the small print, they're pretty clear about it. If you start a free monthly trial with Netflix, Spotify, Apple Music amongst others, you'll get month free and them you start paying. Why else would they want your bank details when you start a free trial.

Found it and cancelled. It says I will be refunded £79. If I had watched any videos  or used the one day delivery service they may have charged then. Never even knew they had taken anything out.  I never used it because I never fancied any of the 'free' films or TV series. And I can never be guaranteed to be at home for deliveries whether it is 2 or 1 day service.

I wondered why I kept getting emails about it. Been a member since Feb and they were going to take money out March next year. Money grabbing bastards.

I'm thinking of moving mybooks off there. Dont know if I can change publishers or not. I am going to a friends book launch on Wed at the Western. He has published a book of poetry with a local outfit run from DMU. They are fairly new. I am going to find the details. I am sure that if I remove the books from the Amazon market place that will end the connection. Anyway  I can collate the two books into a bigger possibly hardback edition or two with different covers and order of contents if I swap stuff around. It is my work I should be able to do what I like with it.