Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest MattP

Revising for an interview (it's this afternoon) that could lump a hefty amount on my salary. 

I'd murder for a xanax or six right now.

Good luck Finners. :thumbup:

Good day so far. Got foo fighters tickets (see grinds my gears thread), went out for a nice walk with the son and wifey. Relaxing now eating a tuna sandwich.

Good luck finners with the interview mate.

I'm not a huge class A drug user ; what's Xenax?

Good day so far. Got foo fighters tickets (see grinds my gears thread), went out for a nice walk with the son and wifey. Relaxing now eating a tuna sandwich.

Good luck finners with the interview mate.

I'm not a huge class A drug user ; what's Xenax?

It's welsh for Paracetamol.

fvck the competition finny if claudio has taught us anything you can be fifteenth choice and have no real good credentials and have been shit for a year and still get a bumper new job good luck son

• Like 2

Last night in Lesotho. Feeling a little bit emotional.

happy emotional? is it you who posts about hearing gunfire near your home etc?

Smashed the interview. Tied for best. They used the test as the tiebreak and I lost it by three marks.

God damn excel.

unlucky. but if they had to use a tie break doesn't sound like they were capable of picking a favourite/best suited candidate. were the other applicants claudio and preki?

If they could have just picked a best candidate I actually believe I'd have gotten it. I was encouraged to apply right from the start by the recruiting managers who I'd been working with in a temporary capacity in a different role.

They'd made it clear they liked me and were keen to have me in the team.

Being a local authority, though, we're obsessed with fairness and strict scoring in the recruitment process. There's no room for personal bias or outside knowledge.

I understand the benefits of that, it has its pro's, but it also gets annoying when you're shafted by it.

Eh, that's life. On to the next application.