Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Mixed I guess.

Early morning

"hunting" trip for stock which mostly went better than expected. However, I still made a big mistake in offering too little for a particularly spectacular item.

There was only a few quid between the asking price and my offer so, on reflection, I was daft to walk away and even more daft for misjudging the resolve of the vendor who'd actually priced the item perfectly fairly.

To some extent Christmas considerations tugged at my wallet but it still kinda flattened the buzz of my other purchases cos losing the item was my own stupid fault.

I should have taken the hit, especially knowing that it'll likely be a while before I get the chance to buy anything of that quality at a price which still leaves a profit in it.

Just to make me feel even more of a pratt it was the second time this year I'd made the same mistake over an item of similar value and, worst of all, my customers would have loved it. My whole motivation for being in business is to find nice items that will earn me some wages - and I blew it.

Any more and I'll join the line for one of those 600,000 breadline jobs. :D

Edited by Thracian

Quality day with my best mate.

She picked me up at 11, went over to her uni place in nottingham to pick up a load of stuff she was bringing home for x-mas. Dumped that at her home in syston, off to St George's retail park to pick some stuff up, chilled at hers, pub meal and then off to the cinema.

Sorted!

You know you've had a good night when the owner of the pub has to use a screwdriver to open the toilet door that you are asleep in still 2 hours after last orders.

A bit naughty that.

Unbelievable.

You're on a fantastic streak, mate!

I used to get up to many a thing as a student but Flair is keeping it up. Keep the flag flying Flair. This Saturday will be messy.

You know you've had a good night when the owner of the pub has to use a screwdriver to open the toilet door that you are asleep in still 2 hours after last orders.

A bit naughty that.

You know the bar is quite when you get told that me and a mate sales were 80% of the bars takings and he buys you a beer for keeping him coming, boy today was a funny day

I'm redecorating an old lady's kitchen at the minute, I suspected she was a bit senile when she kept asking me if I wanted a cup of tea every 2 minutes and my suspicions were confirmed when after I said yes she brought me a cup of hot water. before I left she had walked into the wet paint on the door frame twice and I had to clean her up both times. I felt a bit bad about leaving her, I'm sure she must be smothered in paint by now but what can I do? :(