Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Today I walked past a stranger and thought to myself, I'm probably never gonna see that person ever again.

It was a weird moment of clarity.

But for all you know, you might interact daily with them on here..

Now, that's weird.

Guest Kopfkino

Was speaking to a couple of future uni acquaintances earlier about additional funding that you can apply for from LSE which is given out based mainly on financial need. I haven't received an answer about my application for additional funding and I expect to get nothing which is fine. One of them has received a reply and has been offered the Stuart Lewis scholarship which is £15000 a year. So he is entitled to receive 9.5k from the government, just over 3k as a grant and he gets a 4k bursary from the uni as well. This means he is getting 22.5k a year in free money, obviously tax free. I don't hold a grudge against him cos fair play but it seems obscene to me. Granted I don't know how he's going to allocate this money, he may use it to pay for tuition fees and have 6k left over, he may not take out the government loan and just take the grant or he may take it all and bank a load of money and use it for a house deposit. To me the fact he gets 9.5k from government and 4k from the uni means he isn't a top priority for extra help, certainly not 15k worth. I know a private individual chooses how much to offer in this scholarship but it'd make far more sense for 3 people to get 5k each or at least it would to me. It's pissed me off anyway, I think I'll explode if he moans about a lack of money in the next few years

Was speaking to a couple of future uni acquaintances earlier about additional funding that you can apply for from LSE which is given out based mainly on financial need. I haven't received an answer about my application for additional funding and I expect to get nothing which is fine. One of them has received a reply and has been offered the Stuart Lewis scholarship which is £15000 a year. So he is entitled to receive 9.5k from the government, just over 3k as a grant and he gets a 4k bursary from the uni as well. This means he is getting 22.5k a year in free money, obviously tax free. I don't hold a grudge against him cos fair play but it seems obscene to me. Granted I don't know how he's going to allocate this money, he may use it to pay for tuition fees and have 6k left over, he may not take out the government loan and just take the grant or he may take it all and bank a load of money and use it for a house deposit. To me the fact he gets 9.5k from government and 4k from the uni means he isn't a top priority for extra help, certainly not 15k worth. I know a private individual chooses how much to offer in this scholarship but it'd make far more sense for 3 people to get 5k each or at least it would to me. It's pissed me off anyway, I think I'll explode if he moans about a lack of money in the next few years

That had made me very angry

Did you apply?