Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest Col city fan

Horrible things if it's a bad one. I've got a herniated disk that puts pressure on my sciatic nerve which has just flared up recently. It's been fine for the last five years or so ever since I had a cortisone injection in my spine. If it ever gets bad make sure they know because physio often did me **** all for the pain. It got to the point where I literally couldn't get out of bed in the mornings and couldn't sleep at night.

Sorry to hear that's back Haydos!

It's been fine for ages too hasn't it. Any reason for the flare up?

Edited by Col city fan

Sorry to hear that's back Haydos!

It's been fine for ages too hasn't it. Any reason for the flare up?

Yeahhh bummer! it's always been in the background but no trouble with it for a few years. Think I might have aggravated it playing squash a couple of months ago. Currently having physio and doing some exercises but it's not up to much.

Just feeling weak and getting an ache when I sit down for more than a short while and the pain down the back of my leg. That usually comes when I'm sitting on the sofa or in bed at night though, just a bit tricky to get comfy but it's not nearly as bad as it was. Hoping they'll cave and give me another injection to reduce the inflammation soon. 

Yours alright?

Got back from Italy to 12 degrees at Leeds Bradford. When the plane doors opened everyone got a huge blast of cold air. Ridiculous for 'summer'.

Did the same on Tuesday. Lowest it got in Rome last week was around 30 at 2am, hitting the mid-forties during the day. Landed back to about 10 degrees in Luton in awful weather.

I'm incredibly envious of the Italians. Better weather and food.

Horrible things if it's a bad one. I've got a herniated disk that puts pressure on my sciatic nerve which has just flared up recently. It's been fine for the last five years or so ever since I had a cortisone injection in my spine. If it ever gets bad make sure they know because physio often did me **** all for the pain. It got to the point where I literally couldn't get out of bed in the mornings and couldn't sleep at night.

I've never experienced anything like it. Happened at about 8.30 this morning and I still can't move. I was hoping I just pulled a muscle at the bottom of my back, but I get the feeling it's a bit more serious.

I've never experienced anything like it. Happened at about 8.30 this morning and I still can't move. I was hoping I just pulled a muscle at the bottom of my back, but I get the feeling it's a bit more serious.

If it's that bad straight away and you aren't improving significantly then definitely stress how bad it is. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. hope you're on the mend soon!

Fawkinnnnnnggg brilliant. Had my third in person interview today for a Business Analyst role i was hoping to score.

Anyways i got called a few hours after the interview and was offered the job. Sweet hay-zues it took a year but the dogg is back in effect. I expect my posting on foxestalk to drop off considerably now (sadly). I will be more of a lurking perv now :(

Guest Col city fan

Yeahhh bummer! it's always been in the background but no trouble with it for a few years. Think I might have aggravated it playing squash a couple of months ago. Currently having physio and doing some exercises but it's not up to much.

Just feeling weak and getting an ache when I sit down for more than a short while and the pain down the back of my leg. That usually comes when I'm sitting on the sofa or in bed at night though, just a bit tricky to get comfy but it's not nearly as bad as it was. Hoping they'll cave and give me another injection to reduce the inflammation soon.

Yours alright?

I've had to accept mine is a chronic problem mate.

It's always there, I live on analgesics, but I just kinda get on with it as much as I can.

It's not as bad as it was when it was very acute last year, fingers crossed it stays semi manageable.

Same as you, the symptoms go down my left leg and butt cheek mainly, My actual back is not usually the main issue, it's the leg.

Sounds like you could do with another epidural perhaps?

Guest Col city fan

Don't leave it mate. Get it looked at. If you start to lose any bladder control for instance, get straight down a and e.

Did the same on Tuesday. Lowest it got in Rome last week was around 30 at 2am, hitting the mid-forties during the day. Landed back to about 10 degrees in Luton in awful weather.

I'm incredibly envious of the Italians. Better weather and food.

Rome was ridiculous. I've been in 46 degrees in Spain and it didn't feel as bad. Walking around the collesuem and forum was impossible.

Our Italian friends said it has been their hottest summer in 10 years. It was a bit more comfortable by the coast.

Went to the Real Junk Food Project (TRJFP)  at the West End Centre off Hinckley Road.  I ended up helping  to peel and chop onions. Some  good food on. Tomatoe soup with herbs spices, a veg curry and  Aloor with soya beans and pancakes.

They are running it every Thursday now from 6pm. Any donations are welcome. Anything that cannot be used is put on a trolley for the public to take away. It is Pay as you Feel concept whether volunteering or cash donations.

The DNO  page has been updated. Some  sad stories. Link in my sig.

Got a pain in my shoulder. All on the inside. Painful just lifting the arm or doing things like opening car door from inside. Think it could be the ball/joint causing the issue. Any one else had similar problems?

Dont you just hate it when you have issues with your balls

Driving home from work and I see a car and a motorcyclist collide. Motorcyclist went tumbling and twisting across the road. Don't think the driver saw him in his lane at all. Pulled straight over and helped the motorcyclist and called an ambulance for him.

Think he was alright as the paramedics came but better to be safe than sorry.