Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Had to take my boy to the ER in Melrose last night, he was struggling to breath. Turns out he has a chest infection, nothing too serious.

I was getting ready to leave and they made me pay!! Fair enough I've not paid into the system for years. But I hope they make all foreigners, who've not been in the UK for 6 months a year, pay for their services.

Hope he recovers :)

Had to take my boy to the ER in Melrose last night, he was struggling to breath. Turns out he has a chest infection, nothing too serious.

I was getting ready to leave and they made me pay!! Fair enough I've not paid into the system for years. But I hope they make all foreigners, who've not been in the UK for 6 months a year, pay for their services.

When i was visiting my brother in england last august my son (18 months at the time) fell and cracked his tooth and gums/mouth were bleeding. Went down to the local emerg and wasnt charged for anything.

When i was visiting my brother in england last august my son (18 months at the time) fell and cracked his tooth and gums/mouth were bleeding. Went down to the local emerg and wasnt charged for anything.

I was pretty surprised. The issue was they asked about our living situation etc to get an idea about what he might have been exposed to, so we explained we live in Africa... So they knew we are expats.

Im a british citizen but basically raised my whole life in canada. I thought maybe they let it slide because of that.....or maybe it was just that they felt sorry for us as we were on vacation and heading home in 5 days.

Perhaps it depends on what care you receive. Outside of checking his mouth out they didnt do anything. Went home and got some paracetamol for him and dealt with it when we got back to canada. Poor guy wasnt happy for the rest of the trip.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

Im a british citizen but basically raised my whole life in canada. I thought maybe they let it slide because of that.....or maybe it was just that they felt sorry for us as we were on vacation and heading home in 5 days.

Perhaps it depends on what care you receive. Outside of checking his mouth out they didnt do anything. Went home and got some paracetamol for him and dealt with it when we got back to canada. Poor guy wasnt happy for the rest of the trip.

We saw a Dr. in ER and then got referred to the ward to visit a couple of Paediatric Nurse Practitioners. Then they gave us some medicine. It was a long night last night!

Fifty years ago today, it was a wet and windy day.

At this moment in time, on that day, my wife and I had our first date, and about this time on that day we shared our first kiss.

Sentimental old "Tiger"!

I'd have only been 5 days old, frightening isn't it?

At this moment in time, on that day, my wife and I had our first date, and about this time on that day we shared our first kiss.

Sentimental old "Tiger"!

I cant remember what i wore last week and you remember a date 50 years ago wow hehe.

Happy date anniversary

Sentimental old "Tiger"!

You're just a big softy at heart, aren't you DT?

I was training my dog to do the police-dog arm bite earlier and he drew blood on my wrist like a champ. He's loving the training and he even knows what time it's happening cos he gets ready same time every night. He's got it down to a tee and I'm now confident that I can patrol the streets and set him on muggers.

It's not irresponsible because my Grandad was a police-dog handler so I know what I'm doing.

He was. You arent. If he trained maybe not so irresponsible...

Just givin ya a tough time you sick pitbull dog fighting trainer!

I wouldn't let him fight a pitbull or another dog, he'd get battered!

I just want to use him for surprise attacks on local petty criminals.

I wouldn't let him fight a pitbull or another dog, he'd get battered!

I just want to use him for surprise attacks on local petty criminals.

Or you could patrol parks at night on the lookout for damsels in distress. I have heard that the odds  for finding a potential date are better than Tinder

Edited by Rincewind