Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

When i was visiting my brother in england last august my son (18 months at the time) fell and cracked his tooth and gums/mouth were bleeding. Went down to the local emerg and wasnt charged for anything.

Some countries have reciprocal agreements on free emergency care with the UK (I'm sure Canada does) and some don't. 

feeling guilty today! lol

BBQ at the weekend. Went like this:

MPH puts the coals in the bbq. MPH lights the coals. MPH watches as the coals catch light and start to simmer down to a red glow.

Meanwhile Mrs MPH finishes off tidying the house, gets the kitchen ready, she sets the drinks out , the plates , cups spoons forks , ketchup and all other condiments.

MPH puts the meat on the BBQ and stresses it would be most unsafe to leave the bbq in case something catches fire or because guests with kids have arrived and he wants to protect kids.

Mrs MPH prepares salad, and gets the kids ready

MPH, with drink in hand is able to flip the meat over AND talk to male guests all at the same time!

Mrs MPH gets all the little kids fed.

MPH flips the meat and asks Mrs MPH for another drink. Can't possible leave the meat unattended with kids running Round..

Mrs MPH cleans up after the kids.

MPH takes the meat off of the bbq.

Everyone eats.

MPH finishes cooking the left over chicken.

Mrs MPH cleans everything up and loads the dishwasher whilst MPH flips the meat a few more times.

Everyone eventually leaves And MPH gets All the plaudits for a great bbq.

• Like 3

feeling guilty today! lol

BBQ at the weekend. Went like this:

MPH puts the coals in the bbq. MPH lights the coals. MPH watches as the coals catch light and start to simmer down to a red glow.

Meanwhile Mrs MPH finishes off tidying the house, gets the kitchen ready, she sets the drinks out , the plates , cups spoons forks , ketchup and all other condiments.

MPH puts the meat on the BBQ and stresses it would be most unsafe to leave the bbq in case something catches fire or because guests with kids have arrived and he wants to protect kids.

Mrs MPH prepares salad, and gets the kids ready

MPH, with drink in hand is able to flip the meat over AND talk to male guests all at the same time!

Mrs MPH gets all the little kids fed.

MPH flips the meat and asks Mrs MPH for another drink. Can't possible leave the meat unattended with kids running Round..

Mrs MPH cleans up after the kids.

MPH takes the meat off of the bbq.

Everyone eats.

MPH finishes cooking the left over chicken.

Mrs MPH cleans everything up and loads the dishwasher whilst MPH flips the meat a few more times.

Everyone eventually leaves And MPH gets All the plaudits for a great bbq.

So why are you feeling guilty?

Don't feel bad, she probably does all that every day of the week, whereas you have put yourself out there.  Nice one.

:whistle:

In my defence, i do make a point of looking after the kids and giving her money to go eat with friends or go shopping when im not working.

Hopefuly next time though she'll buy the right cereal

( the last part's a joke! promise!)

Edited by MPH

Life is a real shitter sometimes! Totally lost faith in this country.

Not racist in the slightest but it's about time we started looking after our own. Thanks to the way the housing works in this city/country, for the foreseeable future I'll only get to see my 6 week old daughter at weekends

Rant over!

Not the best of days. :(

Well some of you may remember a couple of months back that i shared that  my son had a choking issue... We found out a bit more info today.

We were referred to a neurologist. The neurologist now suspects that he had a stroke either during delivery or just before. Apparently when the mother starts to increase her clotting agents just before deliver there is a small risk on of these clots can be passed on to the baby.  He is showing left sided weakness and cant really do as much - its becoming more obvious as he gets older. he gets an MRI done in a couple of weeks and he'll be intubated for that and sedated. to make sure they get a good MRI done. Either way, stroke or not he DOES have left sided weakness and isnt able to use his left arm much.

The future? Lots of physical therapy. He's not developing as well as the dr would like but with intense therapy he should make improvements. Just don't know how much he'll improve.

He doesnt know though, he doesnt care. He's still a happy little boy  and probably doesnt even realise he's supposed to have 2 arms to use... He's 5 months old.

Just had a wedding photographer showing us examples of her work, and the bloke in the photos getting married looks familiar.

Turns out it's Louis Dodds.

He had a lovely day, by the looks of it

Did she manager to photpshop Thracian photo bombing out nicely?

Well some of you may remember a couple of months back that i shared that  my son had a choking issue... We found out a bit more info today.

We were referred to a neurologist. The neurologist now suspects that he had a stroke either during delivery or just before. Apparently when the mother starts to increase her clotting agents just before deliver there is a small risk on of these clots can be passed on to the baby.  He is showing left sided weakness and cant really do as much - its becoming more obvious as he gets older. he gets an MRI done in a couple of weeks and he'll be intubated for that and sedated. to make sure they get a good MRI done. Either way, stroke or not he DOES have left sided weakness and isnt able to use his left arm much.

The future? Lots of physical therapy. He's not developing as well as the dr would like but with intense therapy he should make improvements. Just don't know how much he'll improve.

He doesnt know though, he doesnt care. He's still a happy little boy  and probably doesnt even realise he's supposed to have 2 arms to use... He's 5 months old.

Sorry to hear that MPH.  Stay positive (sounds like you are). :thumbup:

That's rough mate. What's the long term prognosis?

That's rough mate. What's the long term prognosis?

They said they are not sure as he's too young for us to know- its only when he gets to walking/ talking age will we know the extent of the stroke, but they mentioned the MRi should help give us a better idea. Thats in 2 weeks.

Sorry to hear that.

Hope the therapy goes well.

They said they are not sure as he's too young for us to know- its only when he gets to walking/ talking age will we know the extent of the stroke, but they mentioned the MRi should help give us a better idea. Thats in 2 weeks.

Best of luck with that.

Well some of you may remember a couple of months back that i shared that my son had a choking issue... We found out a bit more info today.

We were referred to a neurologist. The neurologist now suspects that he had a stroke either during delivery or just before. Apparently when the mother starts to increase her clotting agents just before deliver there is a small risk on of these clots can be passed on to the baby. He is showing left sided weakness and cant really do as much - its becoming more obvious as he gets older. he gets an MRI done in a couple of weeks and he'll be intubated for that and sedated. to make sure they get a good MRI done. Either way, stroke or not he DOES have left sided weakness and isnt able to use his left arm much.

He doesnt know though, he doesnt care. He's still a happy little boy and probably doesnt even realise he's supposed to have 2 arms to use... He's 5 months old.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully the mri brings the best news it can.