Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I know exactly how you feel. My son is 18 months old now and still cant crawl. He can sit up on his own and thats about it. He was developing really slowly so we had an MRI scan for him. He was a little trooper being put to sleep. Turns out during pregnancy his brain didnt develop as it should hav at around the 3 month stage. The wife passed out when she was 3 months pregnant which unfortunately starved my son of oxygen for a short space of time. Crucially though it was the time where the brain develops its core grey matter.

So now he is going through Physio Therapy to encourage him to use his leg muscles in order to crawl and ultimately stand. He also doesnt talk so we will have to go to speech therapy in the future. Weve got a special chair he sits in to help his posture when eating as he slumps in high chairs and also got a standing support that we can strap him in to put him in the standing position. Basically trying to trigger his brain into understanding how to stand and stretch his legs out.

I suppose what im trying to say is you're not alone. I feel for you cause you are in the unknown stage. The MRI will hopefully give you more answers than questions. My son has what is called ACC ( Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum). Were hopeful that as he grows older and as his brain naturally develops then he will naturally catch up. Only time will tell. He has certainly gotten better with the therapy and he is the happiest little boy always smiling, eats all his food, very affectionate and sleeps all night. No matter if he does struggle he will always be my perfect little boy as yours will be to you.

Keep your chin up MPH. Hopefully you get good results from the MRI and no matter what the result there is always a way forward to correct anything. Fingers crossed both our sons will line up as strikers for the mighty foxes. :thumbup:

Aww mate,  reading that got me emotional. hate that for you. Yeah its tough and as you know, all you want for your kid is for them to be happy  And little Joshua is certainly very happy..

Mrs MPH tells me " keep both your chins up" ( cheeky bugger) and really hoping for a good MRI.

On the plus-side, if he is paralized permanently down one side at Least i know he'll support Leicester City as i'm the one who gets him dressed in the morning :D

( that's right out of the Donald Trump school of political correctness i'm sure....)

Keep me informed with how he gets on and i'd love to meet up when i next get to fly back to England  and  back to Leicester but  that might be years knowing me..

Aww mate,  reading that got me emotional. hate that for you. Yeah its tough and as you know, all you want for your kid is for them to be happy  And little Joshua is certainly very happy..

Mrs MPH tells me " keep both your chins up" ( cheeky bugger) and really hoping for a good MRI.

On the plus-side, if he is paralized permanently down one side at Least i know he'll support Leicester City as i'm the one who gets him dressed in the morning :D

( that's right out of the Donald Trump school of political correctness i'm sure....)

Keep me informed with how he gets on and i'd love to meet up when i next get to fly back to England  and  back to Leicester but  that might be years knowing me..

Haha my wife says that to me also the cheeky bitch lol . I got a little emotional writing it. Im away for a month atm and missing the kids like mad but the wife says i will notice a huge difference when i get home. He has started to actually give kisses now so he is certainly learning and picking up on things its just taking longer than usual. I worry for when he is at school but i will cross that bridge when we need to.

Message me whenever you feel the need for some advice or just someone to talk to who knows and appreciates the tough time you are having atm.

Keep your chins up you fatty lol  :thumbup:

He posted a video of a song by some band called NOFX called August 8th. If you read the lyrics it's about August 8th being a beautiful day.

Unfortunately the image on the video was of the album cover, called Heavy Petting Zoo, and it was a picture of a man wanking off a sheep. So it looked like Ken was hoping to be wanking off a sheep by 5pm today lol

• Like 3

He posted a video of a song by some band called NOFX called August 8th. If you read the lyrics it's about August 8th being a beautiful day.

Unfortunately the image on the video was of the album cover, called Heavy Petting Zoo, and it was a picture of a man wanking off a sheep. So it looked like Ken was hoping to be wanking off a sheep by 5pm today lol

Ewe couldn't make it up lol