Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Really fed up of poor lunchtime service in resturants. Went in to the Waterside Inn between Sorrel and Sileby today and the service was so bad when I entered, no one could be bothered to even direct me to a table. When I went to the bar to ask for a menu the young lad said "oh there should be some over there" and vaguely pointed....he then carried on chatting to his mate behind the bar. I walked straight out and will never ever go back, disgusting.

Really fed up of poor lunchtime service in resturants. Went in to the Waterside Inn between Sorrel and Sileby today and the service was so bad when I entered, no one could be bothered to even direct me to a table. When I went to the bar to ask for a menu the young lad said "oh there should be some over there" and vaguely pointed....he then carried on chatting to his mate behind the bar. I walked straight out and will never ever go back, disgusting.

Apparently it's only recently had new management put in, so surprised about this.

The Red Lion (not far, in Rothley, is great value for money when it comes to Sunday deals.

Apparently it's only recently had new management put in, so surprised about this.

The Red Lion (not far, in Rothley, is great value for money when it comes to Sunday deals.

Yeh love the Red Lion. The Waterside is a lovely location however the service was so poor we were left wondering about and when we did go to the bar it was staffed with two lads that looked no older than 15/16. Now I am not against young people at all but they were so rude and clearly not slightly bothered about assisting us, they just wanted to complete their drinks order.

We ended up going to the Quorndon Fox, tasty steak sandwich and beer battered mushrooms for about £10 :)

Edited by archerm
  • Like 1

I'm currently on holiday in Orlando. The restaurant service over here really puts the UK to shame (I'm generalising). Every time I visit the U.S. I'm reminded how shite we really are at customer service. It's nice to feel special and appreciated as a customer if only for a few weeks a year. The Americans are brilliant at this and we could learn a lot from them imho.

Time was when we Brits would turn our noses up at that patronising, over the top American customer services shite. Give me some worker who can't hide their misery any day of the week, at least it's genuine.

I don't think you can accuse Americans of lacking sincerity in their customer service really. Each time I've been to a restaurant in the States, the customer service might seem a bit over the top to us cynical Brits, but it never comes across as anything other than genuine. I think they take a lot of pride in delivering a great service so who are we to sneer at that? Give me a happy American any day of the week in comparison to a miserable Brit who's probably had their thumb in my food before putting it down on the table.

• Like 1

I don't think you can accuse Americans of lacking sincerity in their customer service really. Each time I've been to a restaurant in the States, the customer service might seem a bit over the top to us cynical Brits, but it never comes across as anything other than genuine. I think they take a lot of pride in delivering a great service so who are we to sneer at that? Give me a happy American any day of the week in comparison to a miserable Brit who's probably had their thumb in my food before putting it down on the table.

American serving staff have to work hard to please the customer because without tips they are below the breadline, a system where staff are paid poverty wages isn't something I'd like to see replicated in the UK.  I love the US and go there regularly but don't confuse the forced service culture with a dedication to good service.

• Like 2

American serving staff have to work hard to please the customer because without tips they are below the breadline, a system where staff are paid poverty wages isn't something I'd like to see replicated in the UK.  I love the US and go there regularly but don't confuse the forced service culture with a dedication to good service.

Exactly.

Serving staff are paid a tiny amount in wages in the US and make there money in tips. There 'Excellent Customer Service' is completely down to the fact without it they wont make a living.

Just failed my driving test, 3 minutes from the end. 5 minors. Bloody gutted I am.

Sorry to hear that, I failed four times before passing. It'll make passing all more sweeter, just get back up and on the saddle rather than to dither from booking another one.  I have seen people who was reluctant to book another one and it just became a bigger thing for them. 

Sorry to hear that, I failed four times before passing. It'll make passing all more sweeter, just get back up and on the saddle rather than to dither from booking another one.  I have seen people who was reluctant to book another one and it just became a bigger thing for them. 

Sound advice here. Dont feel sorry for yourself get booked straight away for another test. What was your major? I failed having 3 minors in the same area which was when stopping at a junction there was always a tiny jolt when stopping rather than a slow stop. This was considered braking too late. Couldnt believe it it was literally the tiniest motion nothing serious in the slightest.

Personally think it was the examiner not wanting to let people pass that day. They have a strict number of people they are allowed to pass over a period of time. You might have just been unlucky.

I swerved to avoid a bus lane coming off the roundabout going into Loughborough. The bus lane is only operational up until 9.30, I did this at 9.35 without realising. Perfect drive otherwise my examiner said and she was gutted to have to fail me. We live and learn guys.

Ps fvck buses, never liked those things anyway.

Just failed my driving test, 3 minutes from the end. 5 minors. Bloody gutted I am.

I made a major with the test centre in sight once, literally about 200 yards from the finish while hesitating merging in on the Welford Road.

Luckily :unsure: I'd made my first major about five minutes into the test; and it was one of those majors where you know you've fvcked up, so it was basically an expensive drive around the city.

There was much delight in my yeargroup when doing my A-Levels at one of the goodie-two-shoes in our year who failed his driving test with nine majors lol  lol

Her name is Elaine, forget the name of her school. I've had a 3 instructors in 2 years but she's the only 1 I've felt wasn't mugging me off.

I tried a few when I was learning round there, no Elaine though. Best one was a guy called Nick Canham.

Unlucky man. As Kingcarr says get another one booked (today) so that it's in the diary and you can work back up to it.

I passed third time, second time I had one major but no minors. Really hard to take but you know that you're good enough to pass, it's just getting it all together.

Time was when we Brits would turn our noses up at that patronising, over the top American customer services shite. Give me some worker who can't hide their misery any day of the week, at least it's genuine.

Come to my shop in Belgium and I'll happily offer you the most terrible, grumpy, unenthusiastic customer service experience you've ever know (unless you've visited France).