Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Me and the missus stopped using a certain establishment because of one over enthusiastic waitress.

The food was great, the atmosphere lovely, but having the waitress introduce herself by name and ask why we chose their establishment, before being told our choice was an excellent choice which she would have ordered herself, followed by being asked twice during the meal whether all was to our satisfaction (just after taking a bite), was just too much.

Bring me my food, catch my eye if I need you, but otherwise leave me alone.

That is slightly over the top (checking on you once would be sufficient and she does not has to ask why you chosen their establishment) but I do not think it is that bad enough for you to avoid their restaurant?  :unsure:

One of the worst customer service experienced was at The Little Chef (Markfield) - ordered food, waited for 45 minutes and when we spoke to waitress she said she 'forgotten to give it to the chef'; no wonder the establishment has gone downhill overtime.

One of the worst customer service experienced was at The Little Chef (Markfield) - ordered food, waited for 45 minutes and when we spoke to waitress she said she 'forgotten to give it to the chef'; no wonder the establishment has gone downhill overtime.

Fook me Wymesey, you were proper slumming it. Did the kitchen staff at home go on strike or summat?

Yeah started April so not long at all lol. Cheers for the good lucks, might need them!

Going to be a sports trader (well, assistant to start but hopefully will be comfortable and have the chance to progress into trading) at a betting company. As both a gambling and sports nerd as you might've guessed its verging on a dream job (other than being England manager :D) so couldn't really turn it down in the end.

Think in years to come I may head back to accounts when I need a more stable life (hours wise etc) with a family, kids to pay for and all that jazz but being young and not really wanting to be bored as an accountant for the rest of my life I think this is the right plan. Obviously when qualified/working the hours you can get paid a hefty whack but it is a lot of the time excruciatingly boring. And if I think that after 4 months imagine the next 40 years haha.

The short and sweet nature of it is the only concern with handing my notice in, not sure how they'll all take it. Think they thought they were into a good'un for years here (not to be too big headed!) and the week's notice is not going to be anything like enough to find a replacement but I guess c'est la vie.

New job is a new part of life too, moving to a new city (leeds), getting my own place, gonna be exciting whatever happens.

• Like 1

Yeah started April so not long at all lol. Cheers for the good lucks, might need them!

Going to be a sports trader (well, assistant to start but hopefully will be comfortable and have the chance to progress into trading) at a betting company. As both a gambling and sports nerd as you might've guessed its verging on a dream job (other than being England manager :D) so couldn't really turn it down in the end.

Think in years to come I may head back to accounts when I need a more stable life (hours wise etc) with a family, kids to pay for and all that jazz but being young and not really wanting to be bored as an accountant for the rest of my life I think this is the right plan. Obviously when qualified/working the hours you can get paid a hefty whack but it is a lot of the time excruciatingly boring. And if I think that after 4 months imagine the next 40 years haha.

The short and sweet nature of it is the only concern with handing my notice in, not sure how they'll all take it. Think they thought they were into a good'un for years here (not to be too big headed!) and the week's notice is not going to be anything like enough to find a replacement but I guess c'est la vie.

New job is a new part of life too, moving to a new city (leeds), getting my own place, gonna be exciting whatever happens.

Good luck,follow the dream,I think if you stayed where you are you would regret it.At your age do it.Hope it goes well tomorrow bud. Edited by cambridgefox

Guest MattP

Sat around the outdoor pool at the gym for a couple of hours. Spoke to Inigo Idiakez who was also there.

Beautiful day.

Top bloke isn't he? he still comes in my local every now and then and watches the football, always have a chat with him about the youth team.

Top bloke isn't he? he still comes in my local every now and then and watches the football, always have a chat with him about the youth team.

Yep, lovely chap. Rarely bother him about LCFC, just more general life chit chat; cracking player in his day, even if it was for the Rams.

Guest MattP

Yep, lovely chap. Rarely bother him about LCFC, just more general life chit chat; cracking player in his day, even if it was for the Rams.

His best days were long before then. :)

I didn't at the start bother him about, starting talking about Spanish football and offered to get it on the screen and then started saying how I loved the team he was in at Real Soc with Karpin, Kolhkov, De Pedro (all in the mind from Championship Manager 1999) and he lapped the knowledge up.

He came into town and watched a superbowl with us about three/four years ago, good night but he's never done a late one since lol

His best days were long before then. :)

I didn't at the start bother him about, starting talking about Spanish football and offered to get it on the screen and then started saying how I loved the team he was in at Real Soc with Karpin, Kolhkov, De Pedro (all in the mind from Championship Manager 1999) and he lapped the knowledge up.

He came into town and watched a superbowl with us about three/four years ago, good night but he's never done a late one since lol

Do you know as soon as I read" He came into town" my thought was this wasn't going to end well,did he know what he was doing! Errr no,he does now. Edited by cambridgefox

Draw  some holiday money out for my hol and was walking home and my phone goes off. It was the bank checking on my account. They aske security questions and a three digit number sent in a voice mail. It is  a newish phone and did not know how to access the VM.

Not easy keying in numbers in the middle of the street. Went in the Kings and managed to do it eventuakky. This was because I had drawn the maximum out although I doubt I will need it.

My ring tone for messages is the Post Horn Gallop and to hear that at 4pm must have sounded strange to passers by. My call ringtone is Fire by Kasabian and to complete the hatrick alerts are What the Fox says.

Draw  some holiday money out for my hol and was walking home and my phone goes off. It was the bank checking on my account. They aske security questions and a three digit number sent in a voice mail. It is  a newish phone and did not know how to access the VM.

Not easy keying in numbers in the middle of the street. Went in the Kings and managed to do it eventuakky. This was because I had drawn the maximum out although I doubt I will need it.

My ring tone for messages is the Post Horn Gallop and to hear that at 4pm must have sounded strange to passers by. My call ringtone is Fire by Kasabian and to complete the hatrick alerts are What the Fox says.

as I know you can take it Ken,nothing by " The RAMones then.

as I know you can take it Ken,nothing by " The RAMones then.

NO.Nothing to do with City.

May go into York today to visit York Brewery they do tours for £8 £6 for me. The last bus back though is around six.

Live music at pub down road tonight so should be good.

Right time for brekkie all other posts will be marked as read.