Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I've been getting ready for an epic trip.

Tomorrow I fly back to Lesotho, where I'll pick up my car and my dogs. On Friday, I'll drive up to Gaborone, Botswana, to spend the night before driving on to Nata, Botswana. Sunday I'll cross over the border to Zambia, where I'll stay near by the Victoria Falls. Then on Monday I'll drive on up to Lusaka. That will be at total if about 24hours driving.

This is my own little Top Gear expedition!!

• Like 3

Tomorrow I fly back to Lesotho, where I'll pick up my car and my dogs. On Friday, I'll drive up to Gaborone, Botswana, to spend the night before driving on to Nata, Botswana. Sunday I'll cross over the border to Zambia, where I'll stay near by the Victoria Falls. Then on Monday I'll drive on up to Lusaka. That will be at total if about 24hours driving.

You better have something racist painted on your car or it doesn't count.  :P

I always find the planning is even more enjoyable than the travelling!

Good luck.

• Like 1

You better have something racist painted on your car or it doesn't count.  :P

"Am Armed. Cannibals - Back Off"

Seriously, look out for cannibals.

"Am Armed. Cannibals - Back Off"

Seriously, look out for cannibals.

Who says I'm not a cannibal, which is why I choose to live in Africa?!

Is it safe to drive in africa like that or do you have to worry about being jacked?

At night there is a risk, but I'm only driving during the day. Plus I'll have my dogs with me. (I got a new GSD after the last one died).

Is it safe to drive in africa like that or do you have to worry about being jacked?

We are looking to go to S Africa next year and this worries me ,Johannesburg worries me and Cape Town worries me.if if was just me that's fine but wife and 2 kids.Probably worrying unduly and I thought holidays were meant to be enjoyable.Perhaps MC will put me straight.

Ironic accident.

I have a hard top safety helmet hanging from the ceiling  of my garage  I'm not sure how but it fell off and landed with a big thump on the top of my head.

The shell of these helmets are very hard and they don't  half hurt.

• Like 4

Car I wanted has been sold bad day.

I've an appointment to view cars at a dealership tomorrow and there is one I'm interested in, keep checking to make sure it's not sold but I don't want them to know I'm interested yet because I want a decent deal, I'll be really annoyed if it sells before I get there.

I've an appointment to view cars at a dealership tomorrow and there is one I'm interested in, keep checking to make sure it's not sold but I don't want them to know I'm interested yet because I want a decent deal, I'll be really annoyed if it sells before I get there.

Few years back we went to look at a car in Sutton Coldfield .we live in Cambs,but have friends 6 miles from SC who we were staying with( dealership didn't know this) explained that it was a long way to travel and would they take a deposit so it's not sold ,if it's all ok we will buy it.They said that won't be necessary.

Yep,arrived at the scheduled time.Sorry we have sold it,however we have this model that is 2k more expensive.

As you can imagine we weren't happy,gave them some guff about travel etc.

Now Mrs Cambridgefox isn't one to be messed with and i should know.Managed to kick up enough fuss to get I think £1600 off so turned out alright in the end,but it is a cat and mouse game.

Few years back we went to look at a car in Sutton Coldfield .we live in Cambs,but have friends 6 miles from SC who we were staying with( dealership didn't know this) explained that it was a long way to travel and would they take a deposit so it's not sold ,if it's all ok we will buy it.They said that won't be necessary.

Yep,arrived at the scheduled time.Sorry we have sold it,however we have this model that is 2k more expensive.

As you can imagine we weren't happy,gave them some guff about travel etc.

Now Mrs Cambridgefox isn't one to be messed with and i should know.Managed to kick up enough fuss to get I think £1600 off so turned out alright in the end,but it is a cat and mouse game.

The dealership is only a few miles from home and I have other options so I'll not be totally pissed off it goes but you know how it is when you spot a car you'd like and start making plans.

I went to look at a new car Tuesday and the garage offered me a £100 refundable deposit that lasted 5 days. I don't know if just that garages offers that or others do aswell.

I've got to try & sell my sisters car before i buy it so if anyone wants a Mini Cooper S let me know. (Bit of advertising)

I went to look at a new car Tuesday and the garage offered me a £100 refundable deposit that lasted 5 days. I don't know if just that garages offers that or others do aswell.

I've got to try & sell my sisters car before i buy it so if anyone wants a Mini Cooper S let me know. (Bit of advertising)

Have you tried we buy any car, they won't give you the best possible private sale price but can be reasonable if you are after a quick turn around.

We are looking to go to S Africa next year and this worries me ,Johannesburg worries me and Cape Town worries me.if if was just me that's fine but wife and 2 kids.Probably worrying unduly and I thought holidays were meant to be enjoyable.Perhaps MC will put me straight.

Like anywhere there are places to avoid, especially at night. But I've literally had zero issues the last two years living down here.

It is such a beautiful country, especially CT and that coast line.

Have you tried we buy any car, they won't give you the best possible private sale price but can be reasonable if you are after a quick turn around.

Yeah they offered £7500 which is about £1500 less than what they are selling for on auto trader. Also don't they knock the price down when you take the car down there?

Yeah they offered £7500 which is about £1500 less than what they are selling for on auto trader. Also don't they knock the price down when you take the car down there?

I've heard mixed reviews, they once tried to knock me down before I took the car down there but I'd already used their offer to negotiate a trade in but other people say they've been satisfied, I usually use them to get a base figure for trade-in negotiations and nothing else. 

Going TRJFP  this afternoon and Blood Bowl club tonight. 2nd visit. It seems that it can be an expensive hobby and you have to be a bit of a geek if you take it up seriously. Some do all the painting of the figures themselves and even have parts custom made such as dice, pitch and figures.