Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Spent the day at my sisters for my nieces birthday party. My niece is 15....15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it. It was great fun, all my family there even had a cousin I hadn't seen in years. Beautiful day too.

Keeping it in the family, eh, Ron?

You got any pics?

An update on my boys development.

Glad to hear he is making progress!

Hopefully wih the next steps he will learn more. Kids are amazing and im sure he will do well. He has great parents that are doing all they can to help him get there.

Gunna have a cup of tea now as this update made me smile :)

• Like 1

An update on my boys development.

So he is over 20 months old now. Still cant crawl or talk. He babbles and makes noises. We have a stand that we put him in regularly which puts his body in the standing position to try and encourage his brain to understand how to stand up. He happily plays with his toys and can now use both hands really well. Passing toys from one hand to the other was a challenge but he can do it no problem now.

He can now also feed himself with finger foods. Before you would put a quaver in his hand he would just throw it. Now he feeds it to himself along with his drink he can now put it to his mouth and have a drink. So big improvements over the last few weeks.

Currently its appointments galore with hospital taking blood out for all kinds of different blood tests. Physio sessions start again soon on a weekly basis and we are now also in touch with the Early Years team who look at developing him ready for when he starts school. He is being referred to a special nursery where he can play with other kids his own age and hopefully by watching them he will try to copy them.

Even with all this though he is still the happiest little boy who still sleeps all night and eats all his food. To look at him you wouldnt even know he had a development problem. I couldnt be more proud of him.

Ive read a few stories of children with similar issues at a young age. They still go on to lead very happy lives and go through school with no real problem so i still have high hopes that eventually he will line up for Leicester one day

It's good to hear he is progressing, my brothers lad is 2 and was born with serious eye defects which mean he'll never be able to see properly but he's coming along well and integrating with all the other kids

• Like 1

It's good to hear he is progressing, my brothers lad is 2 and was born with serious eye defects which mean he'll never be able to see properly but he's coming along well and integrating with all the other kids

Bless him,I am grateful my kids are healthy.my best mates youngest has Cerebal pawsey,mild compaired to some but it's hard work and my lads mate is in a wheelchair.it amazes me how they all just get on with it with smiles on their faces,I have loads of respect for them.What I always like is from both sets of parents is that they trust us to have their kids for the day and I know we are the only ones they do this with.i might act like a dick but im always there for people.

Just got back from my run. 3.7 miles from quorn to Rothley in 33 mins. Want to up my pace slightly I think I was 8:40 per mile average over the whole but I pretty much sprinted the first mile and then ticked over at 9:20 per mile the rest. Would like to go at 8:30 per mile and stick to it but I always have a desire to sprint the start

Just got back from my run. 3.7 miles from quorn to Rothley in 33 mins. Want to up my pace slightly I think I was 8:40 per mile average over the whole but I pretty much sprinted the first mile and then ticked over at 9:20 per mile the rest. Would like to go at 8:30 per mile and stick to it but I always have a desire to sprint the start

running artist eh syston?

I tend to start slow when running distance, my plan is get down to 6-6:30 for the measured mile and to keep knocking bits off my half marathon time but at present I'm injured more than I'm fit, I'm just hoping I'll be somewhere near fit for the Robin Hood Half Marathon in 3 weeks time.

I tend to start slow when running distance, my plan is get down to 6-6:30 for the measured mile and to keep knocking bits off my half marathon time but at present I'm injured more than I'm fit, I'm just hoping I'll be somewhere near fit for the Robin Hood Half Marathon in 3 weeks time.

That is a very good mile time. I don't think I'll ever get down to that. What are your split times looking like at this moment?