Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

What are TRJFP and LCiL's?

Sometimes, you remind me of my Mum. She'll start telling me about Janet and her son and how they went to TYKP or something. I have to constantly remind her that I do not know who the people she talks about are, and that she should tell me how they are related to her before just leaping into a conversation. Alternatively, I don't really care about people I don't know. And I have to remind her to explain her niche jargon that only she seems to know.

Sorry I thought I had posted it in full at other times.

TRJFP = The Real Junk Food Project. A concept/idea that started to reduce the waste in food and recycle it to make meals for some of those in need although it is not exclusive to them. We run a cafe at the West End Centre Andrewes Street and use a PAYF (pay as you feel) system. That can be donations volunteering or even doing a bit of busking.

LCIL is  if I remember it right Leicester Centre for Independent Living. They set up various activities to enable those who would not normally have a chance to get out and about. When we arrive on a Thursday there is a group of kids  using the basketball facility.

Hope this clears up any confusion. I did not want to explain all this as I had done before and it may be too much for some if I keep repeating it. The Real Junk Food Project do have a web site which explains their aims much better than I can.

TRJFP

Edited by Rincewind
  • Like 1

Bet their boyfriends will be jealous to death with you staying in the flat with them.Rows will start before long and then you're in.Easy.

They will fall in love with me eventually. Like a desert island scenario. If not I at least hope the walls are thick lol

There's me and 3 girls in my uni flat which i'm moving into on saturday and they all have boyfriends which they are all talking about bringing over to stay on the facebook group chat. Oh man why do these things happen to me.

just put yer nob in one before her fella arrives

There's me and 3 girls in my uni flat which i'm moving into on saturday and they all have boyfriends which they are all talking about bringing over to stay on the facebook group chat. Oh man why do these things happen to me.

Trust me, it won't last long. Just hang tight for a month and they'll all be single and ready ;)

It is not a bad thing at all- at least you will avoid the awkwardness of the day after if you are going for girls that are not your roommates. 

Just won a five a side league at the local goals, near the General Hospital. Not bad as our average age is 40+ and before you say anything, we play against some really good and unfairly fit young players.

Go again next Thursday, aiming for back to back promotions.

I like the short 14 week leagues as it is easier to accept the challenge.

• Like 1

Just won a five a side league at the local goals, near the General Hospital. Not bad as our average age is 40+ and before you say anything, we play against some really good and unfairly fit young players.

Well done, put me to shame.

A bloke I work with plays down goals every Thursday night and he's in his 50's.

We had a work tournament down there a few months ago and he put some of our younger lads to shame with his fitness.