Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Had a long lunch, heard some seriously funny racist stuff from some old British expats.

Apparently the landlord of one of my wife's colleagues called my wife's colleague a Negro because she thought Black was racist. She literally just learnt that she should call him African American. I wonder what she calls her local staff.

Plus another old British guy doesn't want to hear that we all descend from the latest fosil finding in South Africa, because that would make us all mutts.

I can't blame them, these guys have been here for years and do not know how the rest if the world has changed.

Had a long lunch, heard some seriously funny racist stuff from some old British expats.

Apparently the landlord of one of my wife's colleagues called my wife's colleague a Negro because she thought Black was racist. She literally just learnt that she should call him African American. I wonder what she calls her local staff.

Plus another old British guy doesn't want to hear that we all descend from the latest fosil finding in South Africa, because that would make us all mutts.

I can't blame them, these guys have been here for years and do not know how the rest if the world has changed.

You can blame them MC, ignorance is no defence.

lol That's genuinely incredible that some people there still think like that. Good to see someone else that has taken an interest in the latest fossil findings down there though. :thumbup:

• Like 1

lol That's genuinely incredible that some people there still think like that. Good to see someone else that has taken an interest in the latest fossil findings down there though. [emoji106]

The amazing thing to me was that she volunteered the information, while apologising admittedly, but no need to mention it in the first 5 minds of meeting.
  • Like 1

The amazing thing to me was that she volunteered the information, while apologising admittedly, but no need to mention it in the first 5 minds of meeting.

It reminds me of a time when I was at Uni in Cheltenham. I was with a mate, Minesh (Indian heritage if you couldn't guess), and we met some other new people who were up from Devon I think. With a straight face, they honestly asked if it was ok to call him a P*ki. We jokingly asked if they were serious, and when it became apparent that they were clueless, we just kinda laughed it off, explained you can't say that, and grabbed a few beers...no harm done lol.  

• Like 1

I'm speechless Buce. 

Only if they are actually from the USA.  Black's the term I use, it is just a colour after all.  I realise quite a few people from the generation before me have been taught that black's not an acceptable term having had to school my own mother on this after yet another dinner of her awkwardly using the term African American to refer to black English people, which to me is much worse!

I'm speechless Buce.

Only if they are actually from the USA. Black's the term I use, it is just a colour after all. I realise quite a few people from the generation before me have been taught that black's not an acceptable term having had to school my own mother on this after yet another dinner of her awkwardly using the term African American to refer to black English people, which to me is much worse!

They are from the US and yes, just default to Black.

I understand the confusion! It was a weird afternoon though!!

Decent last couple of days to be honest. Yesterday I got a trial for an apprenticeship next week which seems fairly interesting and a decent career. Just been painting the fences today which was a slog but it's out the way now. Might look to go out tomorrow night depending on what my mates are feeling