Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Got home today and there was a  letter outside my door which the neighbour had put there. With the landing light  not working I was unable to read who it was addressed to but I opened  it anyway assuming it was mine. Turned out to be from the police  saying there was a pending prosecution for speeding. As I do not drive I looked closer. It was the wrong name and an incomplete address Flat  3 x street. The postman is always doing this. If a letter address is unclear it is shove through our letterbox.

I don't know wher to ignore the letter and dump it or just write RTS on it. After all it is not my name on the letter. The postcode is correct so they may have given a false address. Why mine though.

Got home today and there was a letter outside my door which the neighbour had put there. With the landing light not working I was unable to read who it was addressed to but I opened it anyway assuming it was mine. Turned out to be from the police saying there was a pending prosecution for speeding. As I do not drive I looked closer. It was the wrong name and an incomplete address Flat 3 x street. The postman is always doing this. If a letter address is unclear it is shove through our letterbox.

I don't know wher to ignore the letter and dump it or just write RTS on it. After all it is not my name on the letter. The postcode is correct so they may have given a false address. Why mine though.

If you live in a block of flats, or some sort of complex, the postcode will cover several addresses, Rince.

Might it be a neighbour it's addressed to?

Edited by Buce

Why would anyone just open something before they knew it was addressed to them?

If the landing light wasn't working couldn't you just pick it up walk through the door then turn a light on and see if it is for you?

Got home today and there was a  letter outside my door which the neighbour had put there. With the landing light  not working I was unable to read who it was addressed to but I opened  it anyway assuming it was mine. Turned out to be from the police  saying there was a pending prosecution for speeding. As I do not drive I looked closer. It was the wrong name and an incomplete address Flat  3 x street. The postman is always doing this. If a letter address is unclear it is shove through our letterbox.

Sellotape it up, write return to sender then bang it in a postbox.  Sorted.

Will do. I assumed it was mine because my neighbour had taken it out the letterbox walked up the stairs and left it outside my door with another letter which was addressed  correctly. Two letters in my hand and TI was turning on a light whils juggling a rucksack off my back I  was not thinking about the content.

Oh well the rest of the day was ok We served over 100 people at the junk food event and had a visit from the Lord mayor. The real one not Soulsby. Well he was visiting  the other stuff going. The West End Centre is used by Leicester Centre for Integrated Living  LCIL They run activities and give advice to people with disabilities seen and unseen. As well as offering services for carers and parents.

Bloody hell. Had some friends round last night, and on their walk home (less than five minutes away) they dropped a bunch of keys and now some ****er has taken their car off the drive. I know there are some twats about but the chances of the person that finds your keys being the sort of person who would nick your car must be pretty remote

Yeah I thought that, but it sounded like it happened a fair distance from the house so what, was the robber wandering around aimlessly clicking the key until he happened upon the right road and house?

Edit: You know what, never mind.  My brain read "less than five minutes away" and decided it meant "5 miles away".  I've had a mare there.

Edited by Carl the Llama

Yeah I thought that, but it sounded like it happened a fair distance from the house so what, was the robber wandering around aimlessly clicking the key until he happened upon the right road and house?

Edit: You know what, never mind. My brain read "less than five minutes away" and decided it meant "5 miles away". I've had a mare there.

Well, not as much as they have

You mean they don't have regular lingerie pillow fights?!?

No mate it's proper annoying. One is proper mysterious and just takes off without telling anyone but is dead sound though. And one is a massive slag so the mornings are awkward as ****. Don't know why she doesnt go to their accomodation instead that's what I did.

Then the people she brings back i'm sure are nicking my food.