Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I decorated a house that someone had bought that had been repossessed. The old owners had took the light fittings, door handles,light switches and plug sockets just to spite the bank.

Things like the phone socket, smoke alarms etc have been ripped out but most of the lights are still there.  If all goes to plan we can buy and do up the repo then move in and sell our current house making a profit on the deal and getting away from a shared drive that we hate.

Damaging the property when you are being evicted is pretty dumb because most lenders will get a money judgement order which makes the person evicted liable to repay any shortfall between the selling price of the property and the debt owed

Edited by Sir Fynwy

it amazes me how people can let their largest investment go in 10 years.Youre onto a winner there.Is this in Leicester?our friends live just north of Birmingham and he is a plasterer by trade,he keeps buying repo houses at silly prices 60k,does them up( always knows someone in all trades) quick brush up and makes 25k profit.Thinking of going in on a few ventures although the split will have to be more in his favour due to his contacts and hours put in.

Yes it's in Leicester, I'm sure that if the previous owners had kept the place in decent repair they would have been able to sell rather than being evicted.

Hows the cold?im still feeling as rough as a badgers ass.on my chest now.Probably had the busiest week at work for a long time by mid afternoon im fooked.

I went work yesterday and today but I still feel crap. I started the same as you. Felt like my sinuses were bursting last week, then it was a sore throat now I;m just snotty and sneezy and coughing a bit.. I've not felt this bad for years.

I went work yesterday and today but I still feel crap. I started the same as you. Felt like my sinuses were bursting last week, then it was a sore throat now I;m just snotty and sneezy and coughing a bit.. I've not felt this bad for years.

I knew we houldn't have frenched.  I feel crappy too, can't remember the last time I had a cold/sore throat..must be years, thanks Webbo.  I just hope that's all you gave me.

Hows the cold?im still feeling as rough as a badgers ass.on my chest now.Probably had the busiest week at work for a long time by mid afternoon im fooked.

Sorry to hear Cambridge, hope you are gonna be ok for Norwich! Let us know where you intend to drink before the game.

Sorry to hear Cambridge, hope you are gonna be ok for Norwich! Let us know where you intend to drink before the game.

Feel a bit better this afternoon.Thanks for asking.Not sure where I'm drinking yet.Complete Angler and there is a wetherspoons nearby Iceni something.Enjoy your weekend away by the way.

Went home from uni for the night cause when i'm not drunk or high i always have this weird feeling of nothingness sat in my flat staying in. Can't believe nottingham hasn't got uber yet i've just paid almost £20 for a taxi that would probably have been about £7 in sheffield :(

Went home from uni for the night cause when i'm not drunk or high i always have this weird feeling of nothingness sat in my flat staying in. Can't believe nottingham hasn't got uber yet i've just paid almost £20 for a taxi that would probably have been about £7 in sheffield :(

Sounds like you're in for a long three years lol You'll end up as one of those depressed people that find second year a massive culture shock when you actually have to start working and then poor results followed by dropping out in the third year :ph34r:

lol

Feel a bit better this afternoon.Thanks for asking.Not sure where I'm drinking yet.Complete Angler and there is a wetherspoons nearby Iceni something.Enjoy your weekend away by the way.

The Queen of Iceni - on Riverside. 

Not too happy about the City result but good news in the post re my electricity. as a pensioner I have been granted a winter rebate.

I will not get it until next March when my quarterly winter payment is due. Should cover it easily.

If anyone else is on low income I recommend you look into it. Your provider should let you know if you qualify and you just register once. I get it automatically.