Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Delivered a talk to 300 sixth form students in Enfield today on 'creating and running your own business'. Not my usual target audience but an interesting experience none the less. Big respect to the teachers who seemed to spend most of their time just trying to get the kids to behave and listen - it looked like hard work. Some of the kids really didn't want to be there and were just tossing it off. Others were really attentive and engaged and asked questions. The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that it's all about the role of the parents really. If that group today were an average reflection of the future of this country - I have my worries.... 

Before anything else, I'd like to apologise to the mods for my terrible last post, back in August. I'm 60, and was attempting to post a link for the first time. It went badly, and I think I nearly downloaded the whole internet onto this forum. This will not, not, be repeated. Ever. I promise.

Yesterday was good because I left a Galway hospital after 12 days, following an operation to remove bowel cancer. It was wonderful to step outside and feel and breathe fresh air, although I found my clothes seemed heavy. Later back at home I sat in a sunny spot in the garden, while I remotely controlled the little electric car that my young foster son drives, and happily watched as my wife mowed the lawn.

While I was in hospital I followed the City as closely as I could, and I really felt attached to their determination, their fight, their just "we will not be beaten". OK, so it didn't quite go right against Arsenal. I wore my City shirt around the hospital on Saturday, but I think there's more people in Thailand that recognise the shirt than in Galway. But this season that might just change!

I was born in Leicester, but live in Ireland now. Still have family there, off the Narborough Rd, and as part of my convalescence I've decided to fly over for a couple of matches in 2016.

Glad to hear you are on the mend. You make sure you rest up in preperation to the matches you go to. The King Power is an amazing stadium to be in at the moment, our atmosphere is unrivalled imo.

Before anything else, I'd like to apologise to the mods for my terrible last post, back in August. I'm 60, and was attempting to post a link for the first time. It went badly, and I think I nearly downloaded the whole internet onto this forum. This will not, not, be repeated. Ever. I promise.Yesterday was good because I left a Galway hospital after 12 days, following an operation to remove bowel cancer. It was wonderful to step outside and feel and breathe fresh air, although I found my clothes seemed heavy. Later back at home I sat in a sunny spot in the garden, while I remotely controlled the little electric car that my young foster son drives, and happily watched as my wife mowed the lawn.While I was in hospital I followed the City as closely as I could, and I really felt attached to their determination, their fight, their just "we will not be beaten". OK, so it didn't quite go right against Arsenal. I wore my City shirt around the hospital on Saturday, but I think there's more people in Thailand that recognise the shirt than in Galway. But this season that might just change!I was born in Leicester, but live in Ireland now. Still have family there, off the Narborough Rd, and as part of my convalescence I've decided to fly over for a couple of matches in 2016.

Wishing you all the best.Spent a bit of time in Westport ,Mayo on a stag weekend as we have a mate who lives there loved it,although Saturday night appeared to be fight night in the club.it honestly kicked off every 10 mins.The golf course was a lot better than my ability even if I was sober!

Got my house valued today. I'm fvcking off to live in the South Carolina by the seaside and retiring to play golf every day. Then my wife reminded me we have two young kids and we need to move to a bigger house within the catchment area of the secondary school she wants them to go to. Fvckin wife and kids ruin everything....

• Like 2

What sort of parking ticket?  Tell her not to pay it unless it is from the council.  The rest of them are not legally enforceable. 

See here for advice: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

I take it that you are following the current Parking Eye case which is firming up the legality of private parking charges?  The industry is holding off at present but if the case is upheld plenty of people who thought they'd got away with parking offences will be getting enforcement notices.

https://www.supremecourt.uk/news/beavis-v-parkingeye-ltd.html

Edited by Sir Fynwy

Guest Kopfkino

Got my student loan come through today, why they give you the most in third term is beyond me. I'm gonna be scraping through this term but an absolute baller 3rd term. First proper chill day and night since getting to uni, definitely need it. Gonna do some reading for tomorrows lecture and maybe start on spring week applications for the banks. I've realised I'm actually gonna have to do some work soon after over a year of no academic study whatsoever, thats not cool