Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Ken, how is your mum? Glad you've got a new oven.

How is everyone after the weekend?

Had a  message from my brother. Not a lot of change. She is a lot better thank you. Been more comfortable than of late. She  is OK in herself but the condition she has can deteriate and spread at anytime and suddenly. Bit frustrating for me and me brother being in Leicester and can't get up there right away because of car trouble.

Had a message from my brother. Not a lot of change. She is a lot better thank you. Been more comfortable than of late. She is OK in herself but the condition she has can deteriate and spread at anytime and suddenly. Bit frustrating for me and me brother being in Leicester and can't get up there right away because of car trouble.

You'll get to see her soon. Is there a megabus or anything that you could take?

Have some beers tonight and try to relax.

Hey guys, looking for any advice really. Just had a really shit day. Come back home today, open my my bank statement and randomly nearly £3000 has gone missing. All were cash withdrawals. About 5 were from cash machines and one from the bank of £2000. Just really worried as im left with 5 quid in my bank account and thats all. Recently quit my job to concentrate on studies so i have no income at the moment. also randomly some folk have put about 300 quid in my account. no idea who that was either.

Just well pissed off. 

Not gonna go college tomorow to sort this out, any advice would be appreciated.

I have cancelled my card, but then just ended up being passed around one place to another, so im gonna go straight to the bank tommorow.

When I draw £200 for my holiday the bank immediately blocked my card. I could not use it to check the balance. I then got a phone message and had to answer security questions then sent a text with a code to unlock my card. 

For any unusual withdrawals the bank should have checked with you. The bank should cover you for this kind of thing happening.

When you have sorted it out I would change banks.

When I draw £200 for my holiday the bank immediately blocked my card. I could not use it to check the balance. I then got a phone message and had to answer security questions then sent a text with a code to unlock my card. 

For any unusual withdrawals the bank should have checked with you. The bank should cover you for this kind of thing happening.

When you have sorted it out I would change banks.

Thanks for the reply, hopefully i can get my money back, as mentioned before i quit my job recently to concentrate on studies and this money was meant to last me last me unltil next year (when i hopefully start uni). Also i just dont get how someone can walk into a bank and walk out with £2000 without raising suspicion. Especially considered the money was taken out in a bank in Evington and my bank is registered in Birstall. 

Fingers crossed they can get my money back.

Thanks for the reply, hopefully i can get my money back, as mentioned before i quit my job recently to concentrate on studies and this money was meant to last me last me unltil next year (when i hopefully start uni). Also i just dont get how someone can walk into a bank and walk out with £2000 without raising suspicion. Especially considered the money was taken out in a bank in Evington and my bank is registered in Birstall. 

Fingers crossed they can get my money back.

You will.  I assume this was from savings..if so I think under the Payment Services Regulations you should get your money back immediately.

Sounds suspicious from the bank. To draw that much out over the counter you would need proof of ID. There is more to this than the normal card fraud.

Don't know mate, i was just gobsmacked that somehow they bank gave 2000 quid over the counter without any id or security questions. I will be going to the bank first thing tomorrow and i will see what they say..  

Don't know mate, i was just gobsmacked that somehow they bank gave 2000 quid over the counter without any id or security questions. I will be going to the bank first thing tomorrow and i will see what they say..

used to be a Bank Manager and it was never a problem giving money back for fraud.just an inconvenience.Good luck.

Had a good day really! FIL confirmed in remission, pet rabbit didn't have myxomatosis and I had a day off work.

Shame my manager had to be a **** when I let him know I'd be a little late tomorrow but that's what happens when your manager incompetent!

Wow.

Just got in half an hour ago after receiving a phonecall around 3pm (your 2pm) to ask if I wouldn't mind terribly going to pick up my friends who had broken down in the middle of nowhere in France with no alternative means of travel. After between 3 to 4 hours on the road I finally find them and we make our way back to Brussels.  Some of you may already know that France has toll roads so to deal with them I had my wallet resting on the console so it was easily accessible.  Sensible, right?  Not so much when your petrol light's lit up underneath it while you obliviously drain the tank of everything in it... Cue almost 2 hours of traipsing down a hard shoulder at night in the constant rain with lorries blasting the groundwater at us while we went for a jerry can of fuel from the petrol station.

And I thought my day was interesting enough with the fugitive chicken earlier.

I paid for my new car on my debit card last month, no questions from the bank, that was tens of thousands.  I also use my cards all over the world and I've only had one blocked once.

It depends on your regular usage. I withdraw 10-50 out at a time, maybe 3-4 times a week.It was annoying at the time to have to reset but I know there is less chance of card identity theft and they will call me if a large amount is withdrawn.

I thought there was a limit to daily withdrawal? Mine is £250. The only way someone could get away with it is for them to withdraw small amounts at different banks. Even then questions should be asked. With my bank there must be a computer system that monitors activity.

I had an interesting morning because I watched a DVD of classic Leicester matches, it was my first time seeing Banks, Shilton, Glover, Worthington and Weller in action. One of matches I watched so far was 4-0 win over Luton in FA Cup where we reached semi final and lost against Liverpool. I am really envious of older fans on here who got to watch the trio of Worthington,Glover and Weller play week in and out especially Weller! 

Daily Telegraph even likened that team to Brazil who was the world champion at the time.

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 1