Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

To be fair to Carl, if my job took me to about every developed country in the world I would humble brag the shit out of that.

I love the BMore style brag-brag as well, when he's lounging round some gorgeous sun drenched landscape with his dog and a beer.

• Like 2

To be fair to Carl, if my job took me to about every developed country in the world I would humble brag the shit out of that.

I love the BMore style brag-brag as well, when he's lounging round some gorgeous sun drenched landscape with his dog and a beer.

Or chilling while civil war breaks out outside his compound.  :o

• Like 1

I'm mainly sat in Glen Parva at the moment because we have a company travel embargo, I'm absolutely pissed off but I've got a bit of EU travel later in the month and 8 days on Miami Beach in November to look forward to  :thumbup:

Interesting few days.  On Saturday the kids ran amok around a Land Rover showroom while I was checking out a new motor, the salesman was a bit scared what with about £600k of cars on offer, Still we determined that the leather still looks good when the 2 years old has jumped up and down on it.

Work is mad, half my team is moving to new roles and bringing in new people is painful.  Never try to execute an international job swap involving 3 people.  Nightmare.

Also trying to balance selling a house (buyer pissing around with completion dates), buying a new build house, applying for a job in Australia and settling kids into new school.  No idea whether we will see in the new Year in a new house in Sussex, in a rental in Sydney or **** it all off and sit on a beach in French Polynesia.  My head hurts.

Edited by Jon the Hat

I'm mainly sat in Glen Parva at the moment because we have a company travel embargo, I'm absolutely pissed off but I've got a bit of EU travel later in the month and 8 days on Miami Beach in November to look forward to  :thumbup:

Sometimes that is a relief though, I had a travel band from Feb to June and it was a joy!  No more 5.30 am pick ups.  It is not on now though, since June I have been to Cluj, Stockholm, Cologne, Paris and Madrid.  Madrid again on Thursday.

Sometimes that is a relief though, I had a travel band from Feb to June and it was a joy!  No more 5.30 am pick ups.  It is not on now though, since June I have been to Cluj, Stockholm, Cologne, Paris and Madrid.  Madrid again on Thursday.

I know what you mean, it's been quiet for 2 months (August and September) so I've decided to go ahead on the some personal plans and then it gets busy again, I've had to turn down a business trip to Japan in November which also annoyed me but the holiday comes first!

Guest Kopfkino

Been to the London School of Barbers today for a free haircut. I thought I'd end up regretting it but they actually did a good job. If they see that it's not being done well, they have the mentors on hand to step in so I think it might become my regular haunt for a haircut. Who says London's expensive?

Went to a UBS networking event last night, the president of the Investment Bank gave a speech and did a Q&A, it was nice to see us given that level of attention as first and second year undergrads rather than just some first year analysts being rolled out. It also turns out networking events are a great way to get decent free pre drinks.

Used to be a school on Granby Street. I reckon that's where the £5 shops came from. I go to them. Before anyone says anything I am not a young bloke looking to pick up women and impress them with a groovy hairstyle. That is all behind me I am a pensioner and if I can save a few bob here and there to spend on other bills or life enjoyments then I will do it. Anyway I think they do a reasonable job. I still have a decent mop for my age.

• Like 1

Also trying to balance selling a house (buyer pissing around with completion dates), buying a new build house, applying for a job in Australia and settling kids into new school.  No idea whether we will see in the new Year in a new house in Sussex, in a rental in Sydney or **** it all off and sit on a beach in French Polynesia.  My head hurts.

Good luck with the move . Australia will be a lot better then Sussex so hope you get the job x 

Used to be a school on Granby Street. I reckon that's where the £5 shops came from. I go to them. Before anyone says anything I am not a young bloke looking to pick up women and impress them with a groovy hairstyle. That is all behind me I am a pensioner and if I can save a few bob here and there to spend on other bills or life enjoyments then I will do it. Anyway I think they do a reasonable job. I still have a decent mop for my age.

Why would a £5 shop start in a school? Fancy haircut for the ladies Ken, you animal! ;)

used to be a Bank Manager and it was never a problem giving money back for fraud.just an inconvenience.Good luck.

Rang the bank today and they said all the cash withdrawn from the atms will be given back, (Roughly £700).

The one that was withdrawn from the bank (£2000) said they will need to get the fraud team and the police to look into it.

Fingers crossed i'll get it back.

And I still dont know who and why they put £300 in my account and then withdrew it straight away.

Just hope i get my money back!!!

:fc:

Rang the bank today and they said all the cash withdrawn from the atms will be given back, (Roughly £700).

The one that was withdrawn from the bank (£2000) said they will need to get the fraud team and the police to look into it.

And I still dont know who and why they put £300 in my account and then withdrew it straight away.

Was it the same branch as the 2k?

Probably testing the system.put £300 in,probably with a story to make it seem more legit and trustworthy.Sometimes they would return to the same cashier.With CCTV and banking systems probably timed it should be easy to find who did it.Got involved in quite a few cases from the clever to the stupid,but it was 20 years ago.

Was it the same branch as the 2k?

Probably testing the system.put £300 in,probably with a story to make it seem more legit and trustworthy.Sometimes they would return to the same cashier.With CCTV and banking systems probably timed it should be easy to find who did it.Got involved in quite a few cases from the clever to the stupid,but it was 20 years ago.

The £300 was a bank transfer, and there is a name with it. Im guessing someone was paying for something and was told to use my bank account to transfer the money into. Im guessing that person has been ****ed over as well. 

I'm sure it will work out ok in the end. I've found a few card cloning devices attached to London Underground ticket machines over the years I've worked for them. They always have a mobile phone housed in a box and stuck somewhere above the keypad where it can video it, plus a fake card reader attached to the real one. Quite clever really, the fake keypad and the mobile housing look quite realistic when there fixed to the ticket machine / ATM, Always put your hand over the keypad when your entering your PIN. I assume they must have had access to your PIN to do what they did.

Some idiot has bid way over what I am willing to pay for the repossessed house I was trying to get, that's spoilt my day a bit, would have gone to £220k but they've bid £245k, think they've overestimated the market but can't be helped.

Doesn't it have to be slightly humble to be a humblebrag?

Every post I see from Fywny (and a couple of others on here) is about how big they are, car is, bank balance, holiday porfolio is etc

• Like 1