Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Drove 3+ hours to the back of beyond to look at a business, nice little thing in a nice little town, but the figures dont quite add up and then drove 3+ hours home again.

Will run it past an accountant, but cant see how this guys isnt losing money and at best id only break even?

Guest Col city fan

I'd have a Mini. Mark I or Mark II. Absolute classic; absolute beauty.

I had a Mark 2 (I think it was a Mark 2) back in 1989.

It was end of the term at Uni and I was 'driving home for Christmas'.

I was utterly skinted, due to spending far too much over the term in the Uni bar on Theakstons Old Peculiar.

So I had a fiver in my pocket.

I drove home (c. 170 miles) on a fiver's worth of petrol in that mini (going very slowly..around 50 MPH) and made it back with just fumes left in the tank.

I loved that car, although it had more filler in the body than a little.

Drove 3+ hours to the back of beyond to look at a business, nice little thing in a nice little town, but the figures dont quite add up and then drove 3+ hours home again.

Will run it past an accountant, but cant see how this guys isnt losing money and at best id only break even?

You're asking us?

I can't judge your lack of application at all since I was awful at looking for work myself when I didn't have a job, but mid-day drinking is a bit much Tince.  What if one of the applications you made actually calls you and you start slurring your words?  You don't wanna be there man.  

• Like 1

Should be loads of jobs, temporary anyway with Christmas 'round the corner'.

When I looked for work, most of the agencies promised me work but didn't contact back - I had become quite wary with some of them.

I can't judge your lack of application at all since I was awful at looking for work myself when I didn't have a job, but mid-day drinking is a bit much Tince. What if one of the applications you made actually calls you and you start slurring your words? You don't wanna be there man.

I'm only having the one

Should be loads of jobs, temporary anyway with Christmas 'round the corner'.

When I looked for work, most of the agencies promised me work but didn't contact back - I had become quite wary with some of them.

agencies are the worse, they get you to sign up and you never hear from them again

I'd not be so hasty to dismiss agencies. I applied for a job through an agency nearly two years ago and never heard anything back. Four weeks later I got a call from them offering me an interview for another job they hadn't advertised simply on the basis that they had my CV on file, which they wouldn't have done if I hadn't applied. I would have missed out on a nine-month job I adorded, and which set me up for the job I'm in now!

Edited by Footballwipe

Stressful, ultimately disappointing week. Tonight I'm going to go home, buy takeaway and get absolutely smashed. I mean proper blackout smashed. Not so much blow away the cobwebs as drown the ****ing spiders. Might even go to the pub at some point, already wasted, and make a twat of myself in front of the barmaid while chanting "Harry Kane is shit" over and over again. I'll also make some great posts on here, guaranteed.

Any suggestions for what takeaway I should get? Scousey, wymswo, any ideas?

Stressful, ultimately disappointing week. Tonight I'm going to go home, buy takeaway and get absolutely smashed. I mean proper blackout smashed. Not so much blow away the cobwebs as drown the ****ing spiders. Might even go to the pub at some point, already wasted, and make a twat of myself in front of the barmaid while chanting "Harry Kane is shit" over and over again. I'll also make some great posts on here, guaranteed.

A massive blowout needs some type of chicken based takeaway. Nandos takeaway :thumbup:

A massive blowout needs some type of chicken based takeaway. Nandos takeaway :thumbup:

Having never been to nandos this is an interesting shout. Is a trip to nandos well known for lifting people out of a glum existential funk? Would Schopenhauer have been a different man if only he had got his mouth around their succulent chicken? Would Satre have been ecstatic, Camus the life and soul of the party were it only for that fresh fresh slaw on a warm chip?

Kebab.  :D