Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Not having the best of days. Have just received a letter saying that myself and my wife need to have blood tests as they have found a chromosome duplication in my sons genetics test. This has knocked me for 6.

No idea what that means at the moment as i dont know which chromosome is actually duplicated or what that means for my sons future but ive found myself searching websites for any sort of clarity (stupid i know as i dont know the full details). Taking my son on his first abroad holiday to Turkey on Thursday so will get tested before we go then sit and wait until we hav an appointment with the doctor to find out exactly what we are dealing with. 

Just need to keep my chin up and make sure my son has the best life possible. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Not having the best of days. Have just received a letter saying that myself and my wife need to have blood tests as they have found a chromosome duplication in my sons genetics test. This has knocked me for 6.

No idea what that means at the moment as i dont know which chromosome is actually duplicated or what that means for my sons future but ive found myself searching websites for any sort of clarity (stupid i know as i dont know the full details). Taking my son on his first abroad holiday to Turkey on Thursday so will get tested before we go then sit and wait until we hav an appointment with the doctor to find out exactly what we are dealing with. 

Just need to keep my chin up and make sure my son has the best life possible. Fingers crossed.

Hope everything turns out well for your son Kingcarr, easy for me to say but stay positive.

"I've had a productive day this month"... students lol

Way to generalise all students mate,

Seeing as I do 30 hours a week working (not the most granted) and my degree also a few days of progression of my dissertation is quite a nice feeling, yes for some people it might not seem much but if it helps me write a few hundred words then it's good for me!

Hey pal. If you know of the Text Ellis campaign (in the 13/14 season where the dad cycled to every LCFC away game), Ellis had a chromosome duplication too - Xq28 resulting in MECP2 duplication syndrome. Obviously I have no idea if it's the same (and neither will you at this stage I guess if you don't know the full details) but I thought I may as well tell you about it anyway as there's loads online about it. 

All the best, hope things work out.

Edited by Jonaldinho

Hey pal. If you know of the Text Ellis campaign (in the 13/14 season where the dad cycled to every LCFC away game), Ellis had a chromosome duplication too - Xq28 resulting in MECP2 duplication syndrome. Obviously I have no idea if it's the same (and neither will you at this stage I guess if you don't know the full details) but I thought I may as well tell you about it anyway as there's loads online about it. 

All the best, hope things work out.

Thanks for that. Yea i remember the Text Ellis campaign. Im sure once i know what duplication it is i will be able to find others that can give us advise on what to expect. Just gonna look forward to my holiday away now.

Job interview today went fairly well I think, although the trip back was a nightmare. 1 train an hour, which I missed by about 2 minutes, hour long train back and got out just in time to miss the every half hour bus from the station to home. I think commuting by public transport is out of the question if I get it.

Bless you mate.Hope it all goes well for you and the family.

Just wanna clarify that's a +1 of solidarity, I by no means 'like' the sound of your son having a chromosome duplication.