Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

No emails all day at work so annoying, but something crazy happened and I made a £100,000 sale so it's all good.

Just making a chicken chilli pasta bake for me dinner, hopefully there will be loads so I can get fed and then fed some more :)

save some for tomorrow. then tomorrow can be super too.

save some for tonight,then tonight can be supper too.

save some for tonight,then tonight can be supper too.

i got loads left, I'm talking tomorrow lunch tomorrow dinner, day after tomorrow lunch and maybe even a bit more tonight.

I can't even begin to imagine a Tincy Instagram

me and loveday had a good laugh about it last Thursday, imagine many dinners and many emojis.

Without bothering to read past the first paragraph, I'd say fair enough. Where I work, in a closely related department, one person got the old 6-months off with stress (full pay) and 3 people have since followed suit. I know a couple of them quite well, and it's clear they just can't be arsed to work and are abusing the system

Without bothering to read past the first paragraph, I'd say fair enough. Where I work, in a closely related department, one person got the old 6-months off with stress (full pay) and 3 people have since followed suit. I know a couple of them quite well, and it's clear they just can't be arsed to work and are abusing the system

A paragraph is not enough.

I agree that will be those that abuse the system but the majority of doctors only sign people off when they are ill. It is being run by Maximus who are being paid by the government. The assessments will be done over the phone or online and will cost a few million (check for amount) The lad in question was suicidal which could have affected his ability to do his work efficiently.

Quite a few doctors will be boycotting it. 

I wanted to post a picture as a humorous follow up but could not copy it. It was a picture of a skeleton in a wheelchair holding a placard with the words 'Fit for work' written on it.

I'm not sure how assessing over the phone will work. They will not be able to see physical or internal illnesses. It seems it will be another ticking a box process which has been tio show does not always work for ATOS with the number of successful appeals.

Edited by Rincewind

What if he was suicidal out of loneliness and his social life at work was the only thing keeping him going? Why would giving him a sock note be of any assistance? There should only be a sick note where work is the cause of the problem and in most cases it won't be.

Edited by MooseBreath

I am not medically qualified to answer that. Are you Moose?

Sorry i thought that having already decided that the government are in the wrong you had opened the forum to medical speculation. I don't think it takes a genius though, does it? If someone is lonely and their only contact with other people is through work, why would you take work away from them? Why is not working ever considered a solution to mental problems that aren't caused by work?

Sorry i thought that having already decided that the government are in the wrong you had opened the forum to medical speculation. I don't think it takes a genius though, does it? If someone is lonely and their only contact with other people is through work, why would you take work away from them? Why is not working ever considered a solution to mental problems that aren't caused by work?

Blimey lads . I've only got a cold and a headache . I feel guilty for being off now.

• Like 1

A paragraph is not enough.

I agree that will be those that abuse the system but the majority of doctors only sign people off when they are ill. It is being run by Maximus who are being paid by the government. The assessments will be done over the phone or online and will cost a few million (check for amount) The lad in question was suicidal which could have affected his ability to do his work efficiently.

Quite a few doctors will be boycotting it.

I wanted to post a picture as a humorous follow up but could not copy it. It was a picture of a skeleton in a wheelchair holding a placard with the words 'Fit for work' written on it.

I'm not sure how assessing over the phone will work. They will not be able to see physical or internal illnesses. It seems it will be another ticking a box process which has been tio show does not always work for ATOS with the number of successful appeals.

I'll agree with you to a degree with this Ken . There have been some shocking cases exposed . However , nothing is ever reported on the lazy spongers that are being told to work . Swings and roundabouts in cases like this .