Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I would like to introduce you all to little Reecie-Blu was born 23rd at 0130 in the morning. I know she don't read this but my wife was a true star, swore and insulted all the way through it but the established labour came on so quick she only had time for gas and air.

As for the name, well it just fits perfectly

Thanks guy, here's to three points on Saturday night and my new baby girl

Keep the faith

Congrats! All the best! Fingers crossed you've got a 'sleeper'.  :P

@@Steve_Walsh5 how is your trip going?

Absolutely brillant mate. The restaurants out here are the best places I've ever ate at. Belthazar at the V&A and The Butcher down at camps bay are both incredible.

Been to Boulders Beach today which was good then passed through Fish Hoek and stopped for lunch. Going Table mountain tomorrow before going out to watch the rugby. Saw Rob Brydon at the Rugby museum on Wednesday he looks a lot older in person than on the tv.

The beer prices are ridiculously cheap out here, last night I bought, 2 mojitos, 3 bottles of castle, glass of Merlo, bottle of Erdinger and a pint of peroni. 278 rand which is £13.

I was very sceptical about coming to SA as people tell you how dangerous it can be. My opinion is totally different now I'm here and I would recommend it to anyone. Unfortunately we're only here for a week and we've hardly done anything that we wanted to. I will be definitely coming back here again, the people, the place and the weather are fantastic.

• Like 2

Absolutely brillant mate. The restaurants out here are the best places I've ever ate at. Belthazar at the V&A and The Butcher down at camps bay are both incredible.

Been to Boulders Beach today which was good then passed through Fish Hoek and stopped for lunch. Going Table mountain tomorrow before going out to watch the rugby. Saw Rob Brydon at the Rugby museum on Wednesday he looks a lot older in person than on the tv.

The beer prices are ridiculously cheap out here, last night I bought, 2 mojitos, 3 bottles of castle, glass of Merlo, bottle of Erdinger and a pint of peroni. 278 rand which is £13.

I was very sceptical about coming to SA as people tell you how dangerous it can be. My opinion is totally different now I'm here and I would recommend it to anyone. Unfortunately we're only here for a week and we've hardly done anything that we wanted to. I will be definitely coming back here again, the people, the place and the weather are fantastic.

So pleased you're having a good time.

Boulders is lovely, especially the penguins! Enjoy Table Mountain, wear a hat, take sunscreen and a bottle for water. There is no shade up there! The restaurant at the top is a pain, always rammed. There is a little pub just down the stairs from the gift shop, their lines are much shorter.

There is so much to do, definitely worth another visit!!

So pleased you're having a good time.

Boulders is lovely, especially the penguins! Enjoy Table Mountain, wear a hat, take sunscreen and a bottle for water. There is no shade up there! The restaurant at the top is a pain, always rammed. There is a little pub just down the stairs from the gift shop, their lines are much shorter.

There is so much to do, definitely worth another visit!!

Glad you're enjoying it SW,between the two of you,you are setting my mind at ease about going.MC excellent source of info it is always good to get an idea of alternative and not just a magnet to tourists but just as good.you may depend I will be asking you many more questions if we decide to go.just ask Webbo how many PMs re decorating paints to use on radiators etc.
  • Like 1

Glad you're enjoying it SW,between the two of you,you are setting my mind at ease about going.MC excellent source of info it is always good to get an idea of alternative and not just a magnet to tourists but just as good.you may depend I will be asking you many more questions if we decide to go.just ask Webbo how many PMs re decorating paints to use on radiators etc.

It's definitely worth coming out here Cambridge, we've hired a car and traveled round during the day & night and we've had no problems. We've had the doors locked, planned out routes and stuck to the sat nav and we've felt safe.

There's so much to do out here it's unreal, we planned on doing cage diving, Safari, Wine tasting in Stellenbosch but we've just not had time. Also watching the sunset down at camps bay is worth a visit alone.

Will definitely be coming back here again within a couple of years.

• Like 2

It's definitely worth coming out here Cambridge, we've hired a car and traveled round during the day & night and we've had no problems. We've had the doors locked, planned out routes and stuck to the sat nav and we've felt safe.

There's so much to do out here it's unreal, we planned on doing cage diving, Safari, Wine tasting in Stellenbosch but we've just not had time. Also watching the sunset down at camps bay is worth a visit alone.

Camps Bay is THE hang out. I feel a million dollars when we are there.

Another cool lower key place that we loved is Hout Bay. We loved watching the seals there, and having proper fish and chips.

But there are so many nice beach places.

Cambridge, pm me as much as you want.

Edited by Merging Cultures

How was Table Mountain? Hopefully not too windy and cloudy? Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Currently cooking two different dinners for 6 adults and 7 kids. Stress.

To start the adults are having fish with a ginger broth, and the main is filet mignon topped with a mushroom mousse, a spinach fluid gel and fondant potatoes.

The kids are having roast chicken with potato dauphinoise.

Is it weird I like the stress?