Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Good day today.

I've bought a good standard vapour thingy from Fosse Park and I'm going to use it. It's great. Pumps out a good amount of vapour, tastes nice and I've gone for juice that contains nicotine to curb the craving. I'm determined this time to pack up smoking.

Also gonna get back on the Slimming World diet and have started today. I'd lost over two stone on it before but, as usual, laziness crept in and I've put a bit back on. Feeling positive. I'm gonna lose another stone in a month.

:thumbup:

What's it called? I'm in the market for a new one. Got one online a few months ago and it was okay but it seemed to give me a bit of a tickley throat so I just sacked it off in the end, wasn't very good quality either.

Good luck with quitting!

Good day today.

I've bought a good standard vapour thingy from Fosse Park and I'm going to use it. It's great. Pumps out a good amount of vapour, tastes nice and I've gone for juice that contains nicotine to curb the craving. I'm determined this time to pack up smoking.

Also gonna get back on the Slimming World diet and have started today. I'd lost over two stone on it before but, as usual, laziness crept in and I've put a bit back on. Feeling positive. I'm gonna lose another stone in a month.

:thumbup:

I've been quit 18 months now, I started with these, moved down the nicotine levels each month and then to zero. I only use it when drinking now.

Guest Col city fan

What's it called? I'm in the market for a new one. Got one online a few months ago and it was okay but it seemed to give me a bit of a tickley throat so I just sacked it off in the end, wasn't very good quality either.

Good luck with quitting!

It's called a 'coolfire' mate.

As with anything, pay a bit more for better quality. The cheap pen types weren't for me. This one kicks out far more vapour and tastes much better.

Edited by Col city fan

It's called a 'coolfire' mate.

As with anything, pay a bit more for better quality. The cheap pen types weren't for me. This one kicks out far more vapour and tastes much better.

Nice one, I'll have a look around and see what I can find.

That Slimming World actually seems to work. More a way of life change than a diet.

My missus has looked about six months pregnant for the last 25 years, but when we came back from holiday in August she was at her heaviest ever at 85 kilos. Considering she was under 60 kilos when we got married 40 years ago, that a lot. (before you say anything, I am also a couple of stone heavier at 131/2 stone, but relatively fit and no obvious gut!) She had tried loads of diets over the years, but to no avail.

Anyway, she joins Slimming World, has kept to all their recommendations, eats more now than she ever did, but has lost 11 kilos so far, down to 74 kilos and dropped at least one dress size and is a lot healthier. It's funny the things you can eat, she keeps a bowl of cooked cold new potatoes in the fridge and can eat as many of these as she wants, if she feels peckish - I was amazed they don't add any weight. Plus you can have some goodies each day, up to a certain amount.

I did it for 10 days to support her and lost half a stone. I was allowed three pints every two days without compromising the plan.

If you are looking to lose weight and still eat loads, seems like a good scheme.

• Like 1

That Slimming World actually seems to work. More a way of life change than a diet.

I did it for 10 days to support her and lost half a stone. I was allowed three pints every two days without compromising the plan.

Change the pints for vodka and diet coke ,  you can drink a lot more.

My missus has looked about six months pregnant for the last 25 years, but when we came back from holiday in August she was at her heaviest ever at 85 kilos. Considering she was under 60 kilos when we got married 40 years ago, that a lot. (before you say anything, I am also a couple of stone heavier at 131/2 stone, but relatively fit and no obvious gut!) She had tried loads of diets over the years, but to no avail.

I'd say being 131 or 132 stone you're more than a couple of stone heavier and should go Slimming World yourself :ph34r:

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 3

Start my new job this morning at Ladbrokes in Wisbech. Looking forward to it

Wohhhhh. Good luck there partner. Had many a night avoiding a good kicking in Wisbech. My King's Lynn accent made me a prime target. Get on the Elgoods ale, superb stuff.

Guest Col city fan

Like most things, imo success or failure of the Slimming World diet is based on PREPARATION.

I'm just about to tuck into low fat mince, cabbage, carrots, boiled pots and gravy (just granules) that was made last night, popped into a microwave dish and warmed up today at work.

This will be healthy, tasty, filling and slimming world friendly. It will also mean I won't be forking out three quid on a sarnie and crisps.

But...its in the prep. If I hadn't done it last night I wouldn't be about to eat it today.

I'd say this..without time or conviction to prep meals, it's much harder to do slimming world. It needs a bit of time and thought.

However...It works.

Started yesterday am, already literally lost three pounds.

Edited by Col city fan

Guest Col city fan

Start my new job this morning at Ladbrokes in Wisbech. Looking forward to it

Never knew you lived in Wisbech mate...

Just moved there for work or always lived there?

Guest Kopfkino

A day spent in the library doing some maths work, reading Aristotle and trying to improve my CV for spring week applications. Out in Camden tonight, it best be a good night.

Like most things, imo success or failure of the Slimming World diet is based on PREPARATION.

I'm just about to tuck into low fat mince, cabbage, carrots, boiled pots and gravy (just granules) that was made last night, popped into a microwave dish and warmed up today at work.

This will be healthy, tasty, filling and slimming world friendly. It will also mean I won't be forking out three quid on a sarnie and crisps.

But...its in the prep. If I hadn't done it last night I wouldn't be about to eat it today.

I'd say this..without time or conviction to prep meals, it's much harder to do slimming world. It needs a bit of time and thought.

However...It works.

Little tip for your mince, mate. Replace 1/3 of your mince with dried red lentils that have been soaked over night. Very healthy but also economical.

However...It works.

I lose a lot on this diet. The most i ever weighed was 16 stone. And yes you need to be able to plan a night before.

The only down fall is i struggle to eat 3 meals a day (same for all diets though) , some days all i have is a sandwich. Which means i either stay the same or put on a little.

Edited by lianne81

I lose a lot on this diet. The most i ever weighed was 16 stone. And yes you need to be able to plan a night before.

The only down fall is i struggle to eat 3 meals a day (same for all diets though) , some days all i have is a sandwich. Which means i either stay the same or put on a little.

How on Earth can you even live for a day only eating a sandwich?!? I eat at least 4 meals a day, if I only had a sandwich one day I think I would collapse.

Guest Col city fan

I don't mate. Living in Downham market temporarily until we can get a council house in Leicester. Her folks live here. Never lived outside leicester before

Ah ok mate. Downham is a nice little market town. Where you looking for the Council House?