Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

How on Earth can you even live for a day only eating a sandwich?!? I eat at least 4 meals a day, if I only had a sandwich one day I think I would collapse.

I always been hit and miss with food. some days i just have a dinner, but i can not eat 3 meals a day its just too much , 

Yeah there are a few undesirables here lol

Then again some parts of Leicester are far worse

Attractive town though and some great country pubs nearby. 'The Ship' at Brandon Creek, about 20 minutes from Downham, is really nice for lunch or dinner.

Edited by bovril

lol - I'd go with a cornflour mix as well, granule gravy is always so watery. All about the little stock pots

Probably have to sin for the cornflour mix. I work with a slimming world class organiser. I feel like a slimming world expert and I've never been on it!

Slimming World is fantastic. I'm a solidarity eater of SW stuff and it's great. From curry to bolognase to fry-up and low-syn cake it is fantastic. The Burritos are hit and miss though. Plus it genuinely works too, and there's no starving involved.

And the SW bars are brilliant, but so expensibe at neary two quid a box.

*Disclaimer, this post has not been sponsored or is in any way affiliated with Slimming World :D *

I always been hit and miss with food. some days i just have a dinner, but i can not eat 3 meals a day its just too much , 

The trouble is, if you don't get a certain amount of calories per day, your body goes into Starvation/ survival mode and it makes it much much harder to lose weight. it semi-shuts down and uses up even less calories than normal.

Instead of eating three large meals a day try just gentle snacking throughout the day- this will give your body the carloies it needs to avoid survival mode yet also increase your metabolism level to burn up whaty you consume and then start attacking any deposits( fat) in your body

The average person needs to walk 54 miles to lose ONE pound in weight so either brisk walking or ANY excersise you can do that will increase  your heart rate will burn the calories and over a sustained period of time will also increase your metabolism lvl.

• Like 1

The trouble is, if you don't get a certain amount of calories per day, your body goes into Starvation/ survival mode and it makes it much much harder to lose weight. it semi-shuts down and uses up even less calories than normal.

Instead of eating three large meals a day try just gentle snacking throughout the day- this will give your body the carloies it needs to avoid survival mode yet also increase your metabolism level to burn up whaty you consume and then start attacking any deposits( fat) in your body

The average person needs to walk 54 miles to lose ONE pound in weight so either brisk walking or ANY excersise you can do that will increase  your heart rate will burn the calories and over a sustained period of time will also increase your metabolism lvl.

Starvation mode is a myth, please don't propagate it.

• Like 1

The average person needs to walk 54 miles to lose ONE pound in weight so either brisk walking or ANY excersise you can do that will increase your heart rate will burn the calories and over a sustained period of time will also increase your metabolism lvl.

Strong broscience

• Like 1

No computer system at work. Zzzzzzz.

My day:

7am - leave home to drive two hours to get to a meeting at 9am

9am - meeting delayed

11am - meeting delayed

1pm - meeting begins without key players

1.20pm - meeting ends concluding that key players are required. New meeting schedule for next week.

1.30pm - go find lunch

Now - eating sandwich in car outside tesco petrol station

Shortly - driving home

Absolutely nothing achieved.

• Like 1

A week of cold/flu/cough/phlegm is starting to make me grumpy. It has led to me getting overly upset about flags and pies when normally I wouldn't give a sh*t - I refuse to look in the politics thread as I fear my reaction...

My day:

9am - meeting delayed

11am - meeting delayed

1.20pm - meeting ends concluding that key players are required. New meeting schedule for next week.

1.30pm - go find lunch

Shortly - driving home

Ugh. Literally the worst shit ever. I don't get people that actually like doing nothing all day. So. ****ing. Boring.

Starvation mode is a myth, please don't propagate it.

Notice how i mentioned it makes it much more difficult to lose weight. And maybe you have a different understanding to me about what Starvation mode is. Weight watchers website says this:

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=35501

restricting calories during weight loss lowers metabolism1because the body becomes more efficient, requiring fewer calories to perform the necessary daily functions for survival. Consequently, this can slow (but not stop) the anticipated rate of weight loss.

For example, if an individual needs 2,000 calories per day to maintain weight, reducing intake to 1,500 calories, assuming exercise stays the same, should provide a 1 pound per week weight loss (Note: 1 pound of weight is equivalent to about 3,500 calories). Furthermore, reducing to 1,000 calories should result in a weight loss of 2 pounds per week and going down to 500 calories a day should result in a weight loss of 3 pounds per week. However, if an individual actually reduces their intake to 500 calories, the weight loss would not likely be a steady 3 pounds per week because of the reduced metabolic rate. It would likely be around 2¼ to 2½ pounds. This "lower than expected" rate of weight loss is a lot different than "no" weight loss as the "starvation mode" notion proposes.

Now my understanding within the medical field of starvation mode is NOT anything to do with no weight loss at all. Its just more difficult to lose weight  - it takes longer.

Edited by MPH

Notice how i mentioned it makes it much more difficult to lose weight. And maybe you have a different understanding to me about what Starvation mode is. Weight watchers website says this:

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=35501

Now my understanding within the medical field of starvation mode is NOT anything to do with no weight loss at all. Its just more difficult to lose weight  - it takes longer.

Exactly, so it's not consistent, that doesn't mean what you said " it semi-shuts down and uses up even less calories than normal."

That is categorically not true and there's too many myths like this going around. The more calories you cut, the more weight you'll lose, that's basically what it comes down to.

Also, eating small meals regularly is also a bit of tosh:

http://www.theiflife.com/eating-more-meals-does-not-speed-up-your-metabolism/

And some other common myths like eating late at night:

http://dailyburn.com/life/health/metabolism-myths-weight-loss/

Exactly, so it's not consistent, that doesn't mean what you said " it semi-shuts down and uses up even less calories than normal."

That is categorically not true and there's too many myths like this going around. The more calories you cut, the more weight you'll lose, that's basically what it comes down to.

Also, eating small meals regularly is also a bit of tosh:

http://www.theiflife.com/eating-more-meals-does-not-speed-up-your-metabolism/

And some other common myths like eating late at night:

http://dailyburn.com/life/health/metabolism-myths-weight-loss/

No no no no no.... goodness. that's simply not true. There's a window period where your body DOES shut down and fine tunes how it process calories and metabolically prioritizes what it will convert on a metabolic level. This effects the amount of calories that is needed to do these processes. 

Ahh im at work... i don't have enough time to devote to this right now.. i have patients waiting.

Edited by MPH

My day:

9am - meeting delayed

11am - meeting delayed

1.30pm - go find lunch

Shortly - driving home

Ugh. Literally the worst shit ever. I don't get people that actually like doing nothing all day. So. ****ing. Boring.

I once travelled for 4 hours to Middlesbrough for a two hour meeting in which I said nothing, followed by 4 hours back the same day. What a time to be alive.

Yeah i have been told this before. I do walk a lot as i don't drive. I also want to take up swimming again. x